Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 12-25-10, 03:53 PM   #176
woody
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

The dang bait monkey has me regretting not getting in on this one!

I wont miss the next one!

-Mark
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-10, 04:02 PM   #177
Tavery5

Ouch, that is one angry Chimp!!!
Tavery5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-10, 04:03 PM   #178
Tavery5

Double post

Last edited by Tavery5; 12-25-10 at 04:15 PM.
Old 12-25-10, 04:35 PM   #179
rrw4258

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
RYAN!!!! THERE IS NO WAY YOU ONLY SPENT 15 DOLLARS! AL THIS STUFF?!?! good LORD........

i got a 48 pc pack of ZOOM LIZZARDS (in their own case a that),another pack of lizzards (yes, zoom too),drop shot hooks, tailer hooks,drop shot weights, red eyed lipless cranks, strike king crank, power bait soft bugs (2 packs), netcraft soft plastic,gander mountain soft plastic,mizmo soft plastic. and a spinnerbait. you did too much buddy. i am gonna use everyone of these i promise you. thank you so VERY, VERY MUCH!!!!

gotta hide em now from lisa. she said she seen a couple she wanted to try.lol.

mississippiboy is gonna post the pic of the stuff fer me............i hope.

Bama, I hope you enjoy all of it; this is all stuff that we fish on Erie on a regular basis. That spinnerbait is a Tim Poe Custom Spinnerbait... it is only avilable in a couple of tackle shops on the Ohio River. I know I overspent a little, but you deserve it bud! Take care,

Ryan
Old 12-25-10, 09:32 PM   #180
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

i will ryan, i promise oyu that buddy. thanks man.......again though, too much. GOD BLESS YOU MAN!
Old 12-25-10, 10:58 PM   #181
MississippiBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina-rig-01 View Post
Santa from Mississippi was very good to me as well. I got the following:

1. H2O CRS crankbait in American Shad.

2. H2O Susp JS Jerkbait in Ghost Shad

3. H2O CRD Deep Diving Crankbait in Blue/Chartreuse

4. H2O Model D Crankbait in Aurora Blue

5. H2O Model CSH Crankbait in Baby Bass.

Thanks again Daniel, you did good brother!
I hope you're not just saying that to be nice. I was talking to John while he was doing his shopping, and we agreed it's ten times easier shopping for yourself, rather than for somebody else. If I buy something for me and it turns out to be junk, oh well...lesson learned. But getting a gift for a friend that you really want to do good for is a whole different ball game.
I thought I was being smart in getting you a bunch of H2O stuff, thinking that you wouldn't have an Academy Sports nearby, since it's such a regional chain. I looked at their website later, and saw that the one store they have in Missouri is right down the street from you. So maybe it's nothing new for you, but I hope they work for you, regardless.
Old 12-25-10, 11:19 PM   #182
Jrob78

I'm certainly not going to speak for Kory but the topic of H20's came up the other night in the chat. He specifically said how good they are and mentioned some of those colors. I really don't think you can go wrong with something like that.
Old 12-25-10, 11:23 PM   #183
MississippiBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrob78 View Post
I'm certainly not going to speak for Kory but the topic of H20's came up the other night in the chat. He specifically said how good they are and mentioned some of those colors. I really don't think you can go wrong with something like that.
Good deal. Thanks, Texas Santa.
Old 12-25-10, 11:24 PM   #184
Jrob78

Hahaha, you're very welcome!
Old 12-25-10, 11:25 PM   #185
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

I am ready to get home and see what Santa brought me! I thought my buddies would wait on me boohoo hahahahahaha
Old 12-26-10, 12:15 AM   #186
coachpurdy
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I got an H2O jointed sunfish, a pack of Zoom swimmin flukes and a pack of owner swimmer hooks. Thanks Waffle, I mean Santa, can't wait to use them.
coachpurdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-10, 01:43 AM   #187
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by MississippiBoy View Post
I hope you're not just saying that to be nice. I was talking to John while he was doing his shopping, and we agreed it's ten times easier shopping for yourself, rather than for somebody else. If I buy something for me and it turns out to be junk, oh well...lesson learned. But getting a gift for a friend that you really want to do good for is a whole different ball game.
I thought I was being smart in getting you a bunch of H2O stuff, thinking that you wouldn't have an Academy Sports nearby, since it's such a regional chain. I looked at their website later, and saw that the one store they have in Missouri is right down the street from you. So maybe it's nothing new for you, but I hope they work for you, regardless.
Daniel you did great buddy. Yeah we have an Academy close by but that is the only reason that I have used H2O crankbaits in the past and that's how I know that I like them. Like Joe said, we were just talking the other night about how much we like the H2O line of baits and I was telling them how much I like their stuff. Funny thing, out of all the baits you got me I know that I like all of them but one. The Jerkbait is the only one that I haven't used before, but the funny thing is I bought my dad one for Christmas too because I was really was planning on using it lol. Kind of a bird with two stones type of deal, I get it for him as a present but I still get to use it. So the fact that you bought me one of those is awesome too! Thanks again Daniel, I honestly like everything you got.
Old 12-26-10, 12:03 PM   #188
WaffleJaw

Your very welcome Coach! Hopefully they work for you.

I scored a bunch of packs of Minda spear worms,a pack of Minda craws ,and a pack of Bruiser craws..These look fantastic!!..The Minda craws are a beast!
Thank you ProReellol
Old 12-26-10, 01:58 PM   #189
Tavery5

I received a package from a Santa in AL. It was a two part package that had one marked open me first. So I did, inside I found one of the most unusual baits I have ever seen. There was a note attached that said, it was a one of only 2 in existence and it is called an Alabama Mermaid Swim Jig. It is said to be a deadly bait and that I should keep it top secret for fear of piracy. I will do as asked, and report on its effectiveness once I have a chance to fish it. In the other package was a great assortment of swimjigs and a couple of very nice custom chatterbaits. Thank You Very Much Secret Tarpon120 Santa, I love everything.
Old 12-26-10, 04:55 PM   #190
MIbasser

Well, I was able to open my gift today as I left it home when I went north for a couple of days (opps!!). Well inside was a jerkbait from Damiki which is in my favorite color - sexy shad and a spool of PLine CXX in 12lb test. Can't wait until we have soft water to try it out. I want to thnk Garey from Foxworth, MS. Thank you to my secret santa!!! As I don't know who you are yet (via bassfishin.com)!!
MIbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-10, 05:30 PM   #191
pro reel
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaffleJaw View Post
Your very welcome Coach! Hopefully they work for you.

I scored a bunch of packs of Minda spear worms,a pack of Minda craws ,and a pack of Bruiser craws..These look fantastic!!..The Minda craws are a beast!
Thank you ProReellol
Those spear worms and craws should be deadly on your Texas lakes. I know a few folks from that area who have been catching some monster bass on them. The bruiser baits I have not used yet. They look like a great little finnese bait. Glad you liked them and I hope to see some pics this spring of some big Minda bass.
pro reel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-10, 09:36 PM   #192
WatterBoy

I just got back into town today and opened my (not so) Secret Santa gift tonight. Thanks, Bama, for all the cool stuff! I just have to wait 5 months until May 28 when soft-water bass season will be open here so I can try it all out.

Here are the details of what I received:

* Two 10-packs of Small Zoom Tubes -- one in White Ice color, the other in Watermelon Seed

* One H2O Xpress Crankbait -- Sexy Melon color (8'-10' depth)

* One H2O Xpress Suspending Jerk Shad -- Chrome Black color (6'-8' depth)

* One 10-pack of Big Bite Baits -- 5" Trick Sticks in Sexy Shad color

I'll add this to all the other stuff I've been collecting from Cabela's and Scheels so far this off-season, and I anxiously look forward to trying it out next season. Thanks again, Bama, and HAPPY HOLIDAYS to you, Lisa and your families!

WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-10, 12:40 AM   #193
bamabassman

DEAN..........I was, and still am, worried that i may not have gotten you the right baits for them HUGE smallies you post for us. i hope i did alright. i LOVE the pics of them smallies man. merry christmas dean.
Old 12-27-10, 09:22 AM   #194
WatterBoy

Bama, no need at all to be worried. You did awesome, man! Just give me a few months and I'll be posting pics of the hawg LMs and SMs I catch with these baits!
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-10, 01:14 PM   #195
islandbass

I finally got around to opening mine this morning, Monday. And I must say with regard to the sender (and not the items), no fair!!! My Secret Santa was slick enough to sign his note:
Bassfully Yours,

Secret "Bait Monkey" Santa.

I do know that it was sent from Thousand Oakes, CA. This was a fantastic package too! In the box was:

1/0 Owner Weedless Wacky Hooks
Northland Tackle Lip-Stick Hooks
3/16 oz. Owner Downshot sinkers
A Pack of 5" 222-Senkos... 222? Man, that is one of my favorite senko color schemes.
Bill Lewis Rat-L-Trap

I will put these items to good use next season. Thanks to my secret santa for putting together a excellent variety of items and Merry Christmas to everyone.
Old 12-27-10, 05:51 PM   #196
Imgoodatwhatido

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatterBoy View Post
I just got back into town today and opened my (not so) Secret Santa gift tonight. Thanks, Bama, for all the cool stuff! I just have to wait 5 months until May 28 when soft-water bass season will be open here so I can try it all out.

Here are the details of what I received:

* Two 10-packs of Small Zoom Tubes -- one in White Ice color, the other in Watermelon Seed

* One H2O Xpress Crankbait -- Sexy Melon color (8'-10' depth)

* One H2O Xpress Suspending Jerk Shad -- Chrome Black color (6'-8' depth)

* One 10-pack of Big Bite Baits -- 5" Trick Sticks in Sexy Shad color

I'll add this to all the other stuff I've been collecting from Cabela's and Scheels so far this off-season, and I anxiously look forward to trying it out next season. Thanks again, Bama, and HAPPY HOLIDAYS to you, Lisa and your families!

ive done extremely well with that SEXY MELON H2O THIS YEAR
Imgoodatwhatido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-10, 05:53 PM   #197
Imgoodatwhatido

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
DEAN..........I was, and still am, worried that i may not have gotten you the right baits for them HUGE smallies you post for us. i hope i did alright. i LOVE the pics of them smallies man. merry christmas dean.

I should have read farther before i made that previos post. Smallmouth is what i have been catching with that sexy melon h2o so you done well bama.
Imgoodatwhatido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-10, 06:46 PM   #198
bamabassman

thanks imgood. glad to know i got him a good crank.
Old 12-28-10, 10:48 PM   #199
Bubba_Bruiser

One more day and I will get to see what Santa dropped off for me.
Old 12-31-10, 09:54 AM   #200
Bubba_Bruiser

I not sure if my Santa is who I think it is, just a process of elimination, but thanks a bunch for the Wave Spinning reel, tubes, and pliers. I reckon I will have to build a spinning rod now and give it a shot. Again, thank you secret Santa.

It was a blast Tav!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.