Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk

Old 08-02-12, 11:57 PM   #151
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Cathy has funded hate groups? Any links/documentation?
Old 08-03-12, 12:09 AM   #152
Vegasspider
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

I will give you credit NFE, at least you did not back pedal this time like you usually do. Are you not capable of having a debate or conversation that you don’t resort to some sort of personal attack?

How about you tell us about your wife/partner and kids? What’s that you don’t have one? Then what makes you the expert? (I will admit I am wrong if you have one)

Now you and KN go play giggle giggle.
Vegasspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-12, 10:35 AM   #153
bassboogieman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
When it comes to those rights being denied, or taken away, as mentioned earlier, in NC, or in the future(NJ), by majority vote, it is not democracy in action, but tyranny
Dog, as you are quick to jump on some for using a dictionary, maybe you should consult one occasionally. Majority vote does not equal tryanny in any sense. To equate them does nothing to support your position. The USA is based on the Democratic principle of voting, and the majority of votes determines what happens, whether it's an election or involves legislation at any level of government, or the rules for a bass club. Tryanny in no way equates to the process here, perhaps you were thinking of Stalin, Mussoulini, Hitler, Idi Amin, Hussain, al-Assad, Amhadinejad or someone of that ilk?

Quote:
How about you tell us about your wife/partner and kids?
Really man? What business is it of yours, or anyone for that matter?. Talk about cheap shots and personal attacks and just go back a couple posts for a prime example concerning fast food & weight. I wouldn't discuss family with anyone on an internet forum, it's really no one's business and really - who would be interested in my family life? This is not Oprah. I may comment on fishing topics that family members participate in, but details - nope. If an individual reveals in an open forum he has a particular deviation to the norm, anyone with a bit of common sense should realize that's not a good idea and invites comments concerning it. Motivation for doing so - I have no clue, but that OPENED the can of worms.

[I'm still convinced Z521 & Vegas are the same person and the posts as "Z521" were a deliberate, malicious attempt to stir things up. He has a penchant for starting trouble - remember Archie's comment? "Past behavior can be used to predict future behavior", kinda nails it in this instance. I don't believe Vegas is half of what he says he is - that's my opinion, like Mr. Cathy, I'm entitled to it.]

This whole thing started about a business owner expressing personal moral views on a topic, and the resulting backlash of a political fiqure, of national reputation, in an un-Constitutional and pandering manner. The support of Mr. Cathy (Chick-Fil-A) is as much about defending his right to free speech as anything else. That a democratic, liberal, pandering Mayor of a major city - publicly tramples on that right should be denounced by EVERY American. Which is the MORE IMPORTANT ISSUE here? I think that point has been lost, free speech as guaranteed under the Constitution and the seperation of Church & State, also dictated by the Constitution, applies to each and EVERY American, the other issue of "marriage rights" as it may or may not apply to same-sex couples and has taken center stage, only affects a small percentage of the population and is not nearly as important as the core issue. That it has been superceeded by the secondary issue of lesser impact, is a prime example of political spin, which diverts attention from the important issue at hand, and it's soon is lost - Mayor Emanuel will be extremey releived should that happen.

It's a damn shame some of us (I'm guilty) lost sight of it and diverted our attention to an issue totally out of synch with the original intention. That should point out the fact of how diversion from core issues happens, politicians and activists practice the tatic daily in the course of their normal activities, we should be aware of that. This thread has been an exercise that we all can take a lesson from, or not - suit yourself. Like the Honey Badger - I don't give a sh!t.

Last edited by bassboogieman; 08-03-12 at 11:30 AM.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-12, 10:48 AM   #154
nofearengineer

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/08/03...ets-him-fired/

LMAO...
Old 08-03-12, 11:29 AM   #155
bassboogieman

Can't fix stupid and Here's your sign, come to mind..................
Old 08-03-12, 11:42 AM   #156
nofearengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboogieman View Post
Can't fix stupid and Here's your sign, come to mind..................
You have to wonder why someone who has risen to the level of CFO of a large business would think it would be fine to corner and berate someone making 7 bucks an hour. Must be a mental disorder...you know the one.

I forsee some fast-food drive-thru work in Mr. Smith's future.
Old 08-03-12, 11:49 AM   #157
bcklash

Quote:

[I'm still convinced Z521 & Vegas are the same person and the posts as "Z521" were a deliberate, malicious attempt to stir things up. He has a penchant for starting trouble - remember Archie's comment? "Past behavior can be used to predict future behavior", kinda nails it in this instance. I don't believe Vegas is half of what he says he is - that's my opinion, like Mr. Cathy, I'm entitled to it.]
I agree, I think they a 12 or 13 year old child hiding behind a keyboard.
Old 08-03-12, 01:35 PM   #158
WTL

Boogie, democracy CAN lead to tyranny, as the founders were well aware of. That is why we even have a Constitution.
Old 08-03-12, 01:53 PM   #159
Jrob78

Old 08-03-12, 01:53 PM   #160
bassboogieman

Quote:
Boogie, democracy CAN lead to tyranny, as the founders were well aware of. That is why we even have a Constitution.
That was not the issue, I said as per the original quote, they do not equate, which is how the original quote I responded to read. The instance in question, equated a majority victory via the voting processs as being equal to tryanny in which case the outcome would have been determined by dictate rather than vote. But most "tyrants" gain or seize power by means other than democratic processes and those in power tend to control their "electorial process".

But your statement is true, Germany prior to WWII is a prime example.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmm, appears someone may be a South Park fan.............. the MOST Politically Correct show I EVER watched.

Last edited by bassboogieman; 08-03-12 at 02:19 PM.
Old 08-03-12, 02:18 PM   #161
nofearengineer

Democracy is nothing more than mob rule...just in between mobs.
Old 08-03-12, 02:21 PM   #162
bassboogieman

Here's YOUR sign

Old 08-03-12, 02:46 PM   #163
Jrob78

Quote:
Ummmmmmmmmmmmm, appears someone may be a South Park fan.............. the MOST Politically Correct show I EVER watched.
Indeed, there are some valuable lessons to be learned from the good people of South Park!
Old 08-03-12, 03:39 PM   #164
bassboogieman

"It's comming right for us", my favorite.
Old 08-03-12, 03:52 PM   #165
nofearengineer

Quote:
That's pretty tame compared to a Castro parade. In San Fran, I would expect naked, but dyed like Easter Eggs....
Old 08-03-12, 04:12 PM   #166
Jrob78

Quote:
"It's comming right for us", my favorite.
That's a classic!!
Old 08-03-12, 04:50 PM   #167
WaffleJaw

Rabble,Rabble,Rabble,Rabble,Rabble,Rabble!!!

Old 08-03-12, 04:51 PM   #168
nofearengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaffleJaw View Post
Rabble,Rabble,Rabble,Rabble,Rabble,Rabble!!!
Someone get this man a cheeseburger, STAT!!
Old 08-03-12, 05:08 PM   #169
bassboogieman

I'm startin' a new South Park post - get on board we are about to offend EVERYONE.....

Quote:
That's pretty tame compared to a Castro parade. In San Fran, I would expect naked, but dyed like Easter Eggs....
I may have crossed the line of good taste, but naked would cross the boundaries of decency. After all this is a "family" site.................
Old 08-03-12, 05:26 PM   #170
Jrob78

If we're going to offend people, there's no better place to start than here.
Old 08-03-12, 05:37 PM   #171
kennethdaysale

Why do__________'s stink so bad? So that even blind people can be disgusted by them.
Old 08-03-12, 05:38 PM   #172
Jrob78

Hahahaha, guess my picture got deleted, probably for the best.
Old 08-03-12, 05:51 PM   #173
nofearengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrob78 View Post
Hahahaha, guess my picture got deleted, probably for the best.
Coming through loud and clear here....
Old 08-03-12, 06:21 PM   #174
nobass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrob78 View Post
cannot argue with that
Old 08-03-12, 06:31 PM   #175
nofearengineer

This is merely an intellectual question, guys...NOT an entreaty to more flame wars. I just want you to stop and think about it for a second before answering.

If us arguing upsets you so much that you feel the need to post wry comments expressing how much you want us to stop...

Why do you keep reading the thread?

I consider most of you guys my friends (especially all of you whom I've actually met in person), and none of this is personal (at least for me...with others, your mileage may vary ).

After all, this is in the "non-fishing" section of the board. This is one heck of a huge election coming up. I think it's only natural that passions are hot right now.

Personally, I love a good, spirited debate. It gives me a chance to impress everyone with how smart I am.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.