Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-29-08, 02:38 PM   #1
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Thumbs up Hello from south fla

Well we made it to Clearwater last weekend and have been bassfishing
every day! We drove 2 hours south of venice to our house we rented in
Rotundo west....our screened in pool is about 15 feet from a golf course and a 30 acre bass pond, the gulf is on the other side of the road. First day I hit one of the canals that are behind every street in this t
own, caught 18 bass on crankbaits, only problem was they were all 13 inchers, still fun. Next day I hit another body of water and it was 5 and 4 pounders all day on anything crome and blue ....no pics tho, we brought my wifes new camera and its too hot to lug around..about 92 each day and it gets down to 80 at night...
Yesterday an today fished with senko's most of the time, when we arent bass fishing we go to the gulf beaches and take pics..we are due to fly in
next sat. about noon.
Had one wild experience tho, I'd hit the canals after grilling dinner, throwing crankbaits, they ywont hit top water for me, anyways, I am standing on a drain tile, get my fotting on the sand, andbout look down at a gater about 6 inches from my foot! It was only about 4ft long and didnt move, i just backed off and went to the next canal after bout loading my diaper LOL...
I am back in Clearwater this afternoon at my sons condo on the gulf, and will post pics this weekend..been great time so far!
Everyone i talk to is either into mullet or tarpen fishing, my neighbor yesterday said he fought a tarpen for 1/2 hour till it broke off.
Getting a killer tan too! Most of the day is spent swimming, then fishing, coming home to grill, then meet up with about 15 relatives on wifes side for dinner n pool..they have a great canal behind thier house, its brackish muddy water, lots of dinks, however I had about a 7 pounder to the bank yesterday when she threw the tikki stick , a crane the was watching me laughed LOL........oh and btw fla. drivers (old ones ) suck at driving!
LIke Zooker said, they treat the snowbird yankees like shYt but who cares, I am fishing every day and looking at the scenery..
JB is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.