Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-11, 11:06 PM   #1
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default da mrs bamabassman is ON FIRE!

dats right..lisa is on fire folks. FISHING FIRE THAT IS!!!

i hooked up the RAJUN CAJUN last night so's i could hit guntersville lake for a while after work today. overcast skies, 60 some-odd degrees after a near freezing temp this morning (storms coming tonight). jsut right for some fishing i know.
as i and about to finish up at work, lisa sends me a text saying she is gonna meet me and we would go together. now all ya'll know how much i love my wife right? well............i gotta admit that i got kinda mad this evening.

see..........AGAIN she outfished me. i know, i know.....nothing unusual.
we get to the boat launch, lisa backs me in the water (GOD, THANK YOU FOR A WIFE THAT KNOWS HOW TO BACK A BOAT! SHE IS THE GREATEST!) and parks the truck and gets in.

i get out all the rods as i am trolling across to the lilly pads and lisa is helping me (wonderful co-angler). she ties on a WATERMELON ZOOME LIZZARD to one of her set ups and we start fishing. NOTHING! lisa says ot me,"let's motor up the jones cove and get outta this wind (wind starts kicking up a bit). i say ok, and here we go. it is cold motoring up when heading INTO the wind.lol

we arrive in jones cove. we start where i placed ol ZOOKERS remaining ashes (at his request because it is the last place he fished). i am using a YUM watermelon lizzard. lisa has the ZOOM on hers. with me so far?

lisa says HEY, LOOK!! yep, she has caught the first fish of the evening. dink yes. but the score is LISA-1, JOHN- ZIP,GOOSEGG, NADA, NOTHING!
ok,ok, nice little fart lie i usually get baby. now go get his momma. i should NOT have said that. cuz then she proceeded to catch ANOTHER bass. BIGGER THIS TIME! bout 2 1/2 pounder. ME? ZIP! NOTHING, NADA.........STILL!!
she is having a ball. laughing and talking liek crazy. mississippiboy sends me a text.....again lol. asks how we are doing. now by this time lisa has caught her 4TH bass. her biggest and personal best no doubt. she was on FIRE gang. 4# hawg (for her). i take pics and we put it in the livewell.

then i FINALLY get a bite. hook it and bring it in. 3 1/2# maybe. lisa takes a pic and sends it to MB. with a note form me saying "not as big as lisa's but i'll take it. then lisa proceeds to catch her 5th bass. i have given up,hahaha. i just want to sit and watch her for the remaining part of the evening. it was SOO nice to see her having so much fun.

but at least i didn't get skunked right? hahahaha.

she is smiling so big and i am so proud of her.

after danile gets back for his fishing tip tomorrow, i willa sk him to post pics for ya'll. we had a blast for real.

now...am i ready? YES! is guntersville ready? OOOHHHH YEAH! ami going again? @#$% YEAH! SUNDAY!! gotta redeem myself don't i? like that is gonna happen. lmbo!!

LET'S GO FISHING!!!
Old 03-25-11, 11:28 PM   #2
bcklash
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

sounds like a great time John and Lisa good fishing
Old 03-26-11, 12:30 AM   #3
keithdog

That was a great night for Lisa. Better get that girl signed up for a tourney!!! I hear ya pal about sittin back and just watchin her enjoy herself. I've been in that seat myself. Always feels great inside watching the wife have a ball. That 3 1/2 pounder you caught is a nice one too. Looking foreward to seeing the pics. How do those Yum lizards look in the water? Havn't tried mine out yet.
Old 03-26-11, 01:51 AM   #4
carolina-rig-01

Sounds like you guys had a ball. Congrats to Lisa on kicking your tail again lol.
carolina-rig-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-11, 06:20 AM   #5
nobass

and good times where had by all sounds like you had a great time congrats to lisa. i wush my wife like to fish. if she did she would proably out fish me
Old 03-26-11, 09:09 AM   #6
MIbasser

Great job Bama!! Now, where are the pictures????
MIbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-11, 09:12 AM   #7
mike234
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Sounds like you and Lisa had a great fishing trip. I know where you are coming from John. My grandson outfishes me every time we go out. When he is old enough to run eledctric motor I will sit back seat and just watch.
mike234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-11, 09:53 AM   #8
Bassboss

Sounds great! Glad you guys got some fish, in the usual method! Can't wait to see them pics!
Old 03-26-11, 11:46 AM   #9
Jrob78

Here you go! Lisa's bass is a nice one!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	454
Size:	246.1 KB
ID:	6451   Click image for larger version

Name:	imagep.jpg
Views:	452
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	6452  
Old 03-26-11, 12:35 PM   #10
carolina-rig-01

John that is one of the biggest fish I have ever seen you with lol.

Seriously congrats to Lisa on her new personal best!
carolina-rig-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-11, 01:01 PM   #11
WatterBoy

Way to go Bama and Mrs. Bama!
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-11, 01:52 PM   #12
bassinbob

Now that's a nice pair of pics. Congrats on your pb Mrs. Bama. Just warms you heart to see someone so happy.
Old 03-26-11, 03:25 PM   #13
Jim80

Congrats Lisa , John you gotta start having her show you what you are doing wrong lol

Jim
Old 03-26-11, 04:38 PM   #14
rrw4258

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina-rig-01 View Post
John that is one of the biggest fish I have ever seen you with lol.
My thoughts exactly....... LOL..

For real though, congrats to both of you on a great fishing trip, maybe--just maybe next time you will beat Lisa! Congrats!

Ryan
Old 03-26-11, 05:15 PM   #15
bamabassman

jim....why do oyu think i finally just sat down and WATCHED her? HAHAHAHAHA. for real guys, i just sat there and watched her work her lizzard. and i think we are doing the same thing. BUT she uses a spinning set up while i am using a baitcaster set up.

thank you all for the wonderful comments. lisa had a ball. can't wait till it gets better weather so she can do it to me again.

rryan......i hope i NEVER beat her, lol. too much fun watching her. but i'll try anyway,hahaha.
Old 03-26-11, 05:40 PM   #16
Justin2729

Hahaha, sounds like an awesome day i taught my wife ( Whitney) how to use a jerkbait the other day we had a ball too i love those trips with the wife there relaxing.
Justin2729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-11, 07:28 PM   #17
BBD

DAMN! Lisa caught a SOW!

NICE!
BBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-11, 10:50 PM   #18
bamabassman

lisa jsut read the nice comments gang. she said thanks. but she also said to tell ya'll she caught 5 in all. to my one, hahahaha. all this was donw in less than 2 hrs too. i can only inmagine what she could have done if we had been there all day.

and after looking at the pic of mine, it doesn't look lie a 3 1/2 pounder. so maybe it was a 2 1/2 pounder,lol. my wally world scales were in KG's. lisa's read 1.64 kg's. mine read.............well nevermind, HAHAHAHA!!! i gotta figure out to get it to read where i can understand it,lol.

thanks folks, we had a great time and can't wait to go again.

side note, all fish were released too. too late to fillet. and most had eggs on them. can't kill a momma......jsut can't.
Old 03-27-11, 10:16 AM   #19
Bassboss

Great fish! Lisa's is definitely bigger! Good to know ya'll turned em loose!
Old 03-27-11, 11:41 AM   #20
bassboogieman

Man, I am so bummed we did not get the opportunity to hook up last week. I was going to post Lisa's bass, but I see you already got expert assistance. I'll post a couple pics of G'ville bass from last week also, once I get stuff put away.
That storm Saturday was brutal, cancelled our tourny as well as the McDonalds tx. I haven't seen lightning like that since I was in Florida years ago, no way anyone could have been on the lake Saturday morning. We actually left after dinner last evening and drove home through the night. Ran through some nasty T-storms in Tenn. and a SNOW storm in Virginia. Arrived home to 26 degrees, 1/2" of ice covering my buddy's boat and the lockers frozen tight. Will be a day or two before I can get my rods back..................
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-11, 12:16 PM   #21
bamabassman

boogieman....i too am so sorry we didn't get to hook up pal. iw as really wanting to . i wish oyu guys would've had a better week. it was SUPPOSED ot be nicer thanit turned out to be. weathermen..........can't blame em though.
Old 03-27-11, 12:45 PM   #22
flukefreak
BassFishin.Com Member

bama it sounds like you and have got the same luck.my wife and i went to a local reservoir last weekend and she out fished me 8 to 2. Seems everytime we went out last year she did me that way,but ya know I love it brother as long as she and i can spend time together like this ,then she can outfish me everytime lol.I know what ya mean about sitting back and watchin to cuz I did the same thing last week(just to catch the 2 I caught) ,seems we are two lucky guys to have wives who like to show us up lol,by the way that is a nice bucketmouth Lisa caught congrats to her
flukefreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-11, 02:35 PM   #23
islandbass

WTG, both of you! I'd like to know what the secret is to get the Mrs. to go fishing. I think I have a greater chance of getting struck by lighting in the same place three times before that can happen.
Old 03-28-11, 05:49 PM   #24
bamabassman

island, mannnn............it ain't no secret pal. SHE loves bass fishing. especially when she is catching them like that. i think i have created a monster,lol.
Old 04-01-11, 01:27 AM   #25
islandbass

Bama,

You are a blessed man. I took my wife fishing once, for trout. And I thought once she hooks into one, she'd be hooked for life. Yeah, right. She had a fish on and when the rod started to wriggle with the fish's movements, she looked at me and handed me her rod and made me bring it in.

Well, at least my kids like to fish.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.