Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-05, 08:15 PM   #1
flachristopherkeene9
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default Post-cane fishing

Finally got out after this thing blew by. My pond is totally different. No more weeds or lilies. All underwater. Water went up about 4 feet. And it's super cold now to what it used to be. Threw a white spinnerbait. First cast wham hit it like a ton of bricks :thinking to my self maybe it's finally my big one: nope it gives a little acrobatics. Get it in a fat 12 incher. (Don't Laugh). Release him, he swims about a foot then makes a u-turn and gets flopped onto the shore. Put him in again and hes gone. Nothing else for the remaing 15 minutes. Wanna go back and throw some more blades. Any ideas for baits with this new cold water????

Chris
flachristopherkeene9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-05, 08:26 PM   #2
pig n jig
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

If you were cane pole fishing and you caught a catfish.Would it be the first pole cat you ever caught ? P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-05, 08:29 PM   #3
flachristopherkeene9

Im confused PNJ. If you think I was cane fishing, I meant "Post-Hurricane".

Chris
Old 10-24-05, 09:00 PM   #4
pig n jig

Sorry for the confusion, it was posted as pole-cane fishing.I was confused when you mentioned throwing a spinnerbait.I thought you had one of those fancy crappie poles with the reel in the end of it. P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-05, 09:28 PM   #5
HulaPopr

BTW post-cane fishing generally stinks, cause the pressure is going to be rapidly increasing, not to mention the high pressure cold front that knocked this one out of the way also dropped the air temp about 30 degrees. So, fishings gonna suck for about a week.
HulaPopr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-05, 10:43 PM   #6
flachristopherkeene9

But won't the new cold water temp put them into their winter fattening frenzy?? And Hula got you pm. I can't Pm nobody yet but sounds good to me. Im actually looking for a kayak or canoe so when I go inshore fishing (saltwater) I can get shallower than our boat can go. I'll give you a shout when I can. Maybe we can meet up and fish the pond sometime soon. and did you see that grass clearing that a guy made so he can put his canoe. Excellent spot for the pond. And can you give me some good ponds around here. Getting tired of fishing this same old pond.

Chris

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.