Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-06, 01:33 PM   #1
SkeeterChris
BassFishin.Com Member

Default GA fishing

I just moved to GA from Tx and what a difference. I thought I was pretty good with the stick. But here I feel like a fish out of water. I've shed all my poles of braid and big game line and went to light line. I thought it was the lake but I've been to 7 different lakes here and their all the same. I feel a little lost right now. Any good pointer from Ga residents?????
SkeeterChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-06, 02:26 PM   #2
skeeter944
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

i'm from sc,but i fish in ga lakes 7 or 8 times a year in tourneys. how far is warner robin from lake thurmond? i like lake thurmond alot ,but it is really low right now,like 15 feet low,but it is a good lake for numbers of bass. also,you might want to try lake murray here in sc,if it isnt too far of a drive. lake russel is in ga if i'm correct,i'm not sure though. there are a couple other guys from ga and sc,so they might could help you out.
skeeter944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-06, 02:30 PM   #3
SkeeterChris
BassFishin.Com Member

Not sure how far it is, I will check. Believe me I will travel for the fish I was just hoping to find some close lakes for after work.
Old 12-04-06, 08:24 PM   #4
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

i know the feelin. i come out of gin clear water with massive weed beds that go for miles. down here in nc we get stained water

and not a weed bed no wheres to be found.. i find that i move more in nc waters than i did in ny. and fish a crank bait 100% more in nc than i did in ny..

best thing to do is find some one that fishes a lot and go fishng with them.. note what baits and techquies they use.. if nothing more than hire a local guide..

took me a year of fishless days to figure out several of my home lakes..
my advice find a creek fish every nook and cranny for a year then go to the next.. time on the water is your only cure..

zooker
Old 12-05-06, 08:17 AM   #5
SkeeterChris
BassFishin.Com Member

I sure d miss Texas, weed beds, clear water, deep water, and buck brush O they were the days LOL
I haven't given up yet, I'm fishing a lake called Jackson on Sat, I guess we will see what happens
Old 12-05-06, 10:55 AM   #6
Mac1
BassFishin.Com Active Member

On www.about.com in one of the fishing sections, there is a fellow named Ronnie Garrison. If you register for the board he monitors, ask him. He fishes tournaments and has written a book on fishing.....is very affable and will help if he can...... I think you go to freshwater fishing.....anyhow, that's a start. Also hang out at Wal Mart fishing area and talk to everyone you can......trade some info and that seems to help.....you can offer a lure modification for locations to try, etc. I've had good luck doing just that.

Some of the bait shops will offer sound advice, some won't. If the shop is heavy into tournaments, sometimes they don't offer much.

Another way is to fish local tournaments in FLW or BASS Federation tournaments as a non-boater. Be sure to take notes after each outing.

I see on the map you are south of Macon, Garrison lives north of Atlanta so he may or may not be able to offer some good advice...... Good Luck....

Hang at the baitshop and ask folks who come in........some are more open to giving information than others. I'm in East Tennessee and had the same problem.......am now loaded with little red spots on my map to try for bass....thanks to the locals stopping in. I helped the manager put up stock, sweep, etc.etc. in return for hanging around with my map at hand.

Just remember, trading information will open a lot of doors. Good fishing, Mac

Last edited by Mac1; 12-05-06 at 11:04 AM. Reason: omissions
Mac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-06, 01:05 PM   #7
SkeeterChris
BassFishin.Com Member

Thanks for the insider and I've been doing a lot of talking to people around here and I'm starting to learn some new tricks
Old 12-07-06, 06:41 PM   #8
pig n jig

Chris, If I were in Warner Robbins, I would get to know a guy on the other sites known as Lightninrod.Dan also lives in Warner Robbins, a super nice person and a heck of a bass fisherman from what I have seen of his posts. P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-06, 06:47 PM   #9
JB

pnj,
we got ice here, hows your water lookin?
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-06, 07:35 PM   #10
zooker

lightinrod-shocking- definatly knows his stuff. he hangs out a bunch at chips site.

zooker
Old 12-07-06, 07:38 PM   #11
pig n jig

Just got a fresh covering of snow.Yup the damned winter weather is starting to take hold, ponds are frozen, the big lakes are still open, but the never ending problem of the guides icing up, went to test some lures I recently got, had to break shoreline ice to put in only to not be brave enough to fish them once ice started forming in the guides,All I could see is my new lures flying through the air unattached from the ice shearing the line on a cast. I did mark alot of fish stacked up on points though.Might go back tomorrow with a swedish pimple tied on.I can't find the white pork o strips I used to use. might have to insert a Hopkins jig in a white tube bait.They most likely are lake trout,do drop shot rigs work on lake trout ?
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-06, 08:50 PM   #12
JB

this time of year the 1 inch of ice comes and goes, it will be gone saturday after a windy day of 40 degrees..best ice is jan and feb
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-06, 07:58 AM   #13
SkeeterChris
BassFishin.Com Member

well I joined the ABA and my first tournament is this Sat. It's at a lake called jackson. It's suppose to be 15 degrees
Old 12-08-06, 10:13 AM   #14
skeeter944

good luck chris! let us know how you do!
skeeter944 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.