Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-08, 12:45 PM   #1
Fishnngolfn
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Yesterday early evening

Well, things were interesting yesterday. We had my son's birthday party yesterday. He had a slight fever but was relatively playful and fun during the party. After the party, my wife and little man took a nap so I hit the local honey hole and this is what I pulled out in about 30 minutes. A lot of fun explosive topwater hits. I threw a fluke and a finesse worm. After the third one was the largest that I landed (1.5#). The last one was a small blue gill that actually leapt out of the water to hit the lure. I am still not sure how he got that 3/0 hook in is little mouth. Then the trip was cut short due to my wife calling me in a panic. The little man had a 104.4 fever. We took him to the after hours clinic and luckily it is just viral with no bacterial infections. He is a lot better this morning and his fever is down to normal this afternoon. The wife said that if the little guy is feeling well, that she would take him with me fishing for about an hour tonight. She wants to see the pond and if everything goes well, my boy will get to touch his first largemouth bass.

Hook broke off after I tried to set the hook after landing the fourth one.

Hook broke off when setting the hook after landing the sixth one. Then the wife called. I almost left some of my gear at the pond. 104 fevers are nothing to mess around with on a 1 year old. Luckily everything is gonna be fine and he will be back to normal holy terror self soon.
Fishnngolfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-08, 01:46 PM   #2
Jim80
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

not a bad half hour man hope the son feels better soon .

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.