Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk

Old 03-31-14, 10:35 PM   #1
lilmule
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Maybe not your cupotea

Had bought a ford 8 N redbelly few months back went out to day and purchased a 16 disc plow and a single plow along with a trailer over at Clarksville Tn to haul them home on.
Nope not showing disc and trailer pics even though I have them,on the way back stopped in a mom n pop pawn=gun shop in Dover.Its not what you think.

Actually is a mossberg model 715 22lr,found out those blazers actually function in it,bit stiff all over but new,now to trick it out with lazer, scope and a 37mm grenade launcher(er flare gun legal).
Was going to get a new frontier lower then a chiappa 22 upper then later a 223 but this cost less than the 22 upper.It isnt a multi platform,yet resembles the ar fairly well,touted as a trainer for youth due to familiarity.
Guess im having a second childhood,secondary reason for purchase planting watermelons want to protect from groundhogs.Now have to go out and plow the south 40 ft(have 1.86ac)

Last edited by lilmule; 03-31-14 at 10:45 PM.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-14, 12:41 AM   #2
bassboogieman

Now all you need is the ammo and a plunking you will go. I wish this area of my state had ground where you could shoot whistle pigs. Centerfire is a no-no in the county. It's bad in the borough, no discharge of firearms is permitted. BB & pellet guns are also forbidden to be used outside.

Range shooting is ok, but it isn't like the old days where we could get permission from farmers and hunt groundhog. Or go to the township dumps where we would shoot rats with .22 - if you've never done that it's a lot of fun, rats learn real quick. Did I mention shooting bats with shotgun? That's a challenge. Now it's just shoot the paper and leave the vermin alone.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-14, 07:32 AM   #3
lilmule

Have a 525 rd value pack barely touched,low powered blazer which didnt even cycle the slide on a pt 22,works like charm in this.Planting a large garden its for critters who want to eat my garden like groundhogs or a coyote that comes to close to my dog exercise fenced area.90 dollar value packs wouldnt work well here,you would have lead shoes or added weight and be swimming.22lr does not cost more than 223 or 50 cents a rd.Have about 700 rds on hand,my neighbor has 2000,have bought but 500 this year,and that is about what ill shoot in half a year to a full one if not much plinking done,i do however see some plinking coming.22lr is rimfire ohio had simular laws hunt with shotgun even deer.Exception muzzleloader.
Lots more groundhogs or whistlepigs back in ohio than here,but large watermelon field tends to attract what their are.Be getting 20-25 melons or so a day when in season,that to me is large.Cannonballs $2-large grey 3 thus a trailer to take to state rt 79 and sell to touristas.Be other stuff as well but my ground grows melons great,tomotoes,peppers nothing like back east.
So while ill have some fun with it purchase was a legit business expense.Along with tractor,plow,disc,trailer.
This thing as a feel close in nature to my friends 223.

Last edited by lilmule; 04-01-14 at 09:24 AM.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.