Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-12, 11:19 AM   #1
Dogmatic
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Question Where/how would you fish?

Ok, I'm heading out today, stuck to the bank, and I need some help. Where would you fish this section of my local lake. I'm thinking of concentrating on the secondary point in the lower right hand corner of the map, where there is a transition between the deep creek channel, and a gentler sloping flat(southern shore). Was going to hit it with jerk baits, and slow rolling a swimbait.(?) Water is pretty cold mid to upper 30's, clear 4' visibility, slight wind out of the south, partly cloudy, 43 degrees out. Thanks.

Dogmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-12, 11:45 AM   #2
bassboogieman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I'd stay home, everyone knows Nockamixon is the dead sea.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-12, 11:48 AM   #3
Dogmatic

I wish Jig was on, he and I might disagree with you...all the boys from Texas representin'
http://www.bassfishin.com/bassfishin...ad.php?t=29430
Old 02-17-12, 01:10 PM   #4
bassboogieman

I saw that, was just bustin' your chops. Many things about Nox I don't like - foremost is the HP restriction. I don't see the logic behind that one. Just make it no wake accomplishes the same think, may even be better for the lake. Everyone could get around the entire lake, and those few guys in the alum. boats with the 25's wouldn't be "zipping" around pissing off us guys that are restricted to the trolling motor. No offnese intended if you're one of THOSE guys , I just think it's an unfair restriction.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-12, 01:38 PM   #5
basstech
BassFishin.Com Active Member

How far out is that main channel from the shore on the west side of the point? Not Knowing anything about that lake it looks like it would be a good spot to start. If you can find an area like that on the northwest end of the lake, it may even be better.

Last edited by basstech; 02-17-12 at 01:39 PM. Reason: poor phrasing
basstech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-12, 05:04 PM   #6
jig fisherman
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I would have gone to #21.
jig fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-12, 09:54 PM   #7
Dogmatic

Windy 20-30 mph gust, white caps on the west side of that point. Fished the creek instead, no luck.
Old 02-17-12, 09:55 PM   #8
kennethdaysale

I'd walk around the steep drop at #23 with a finesse jig. Note depth of any bites then focus on that depth with a drop-shot or stick with the jig.
Old 02-17-12, 09:57 PM   #9
Dogmatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboogieman View Post
I saw that, was just bustin' your chops. Many things about Nox I don't like - foremost is the HP restriction. I don't see the logic behind that one. Just make it no wake accomplishes the same think, may even be better for the lake. Everyone could get around the entire lake, and those few guys in the alum. boats with the 25's wouldn't be "zipping" around pissing off us guys that are restricted to the trolling motor. No offnese intended if you're one of THOSE guys , I just think it's an unfair restriction.
Sometimes I'm one of those guys, some times I'm in, or on my 'toon, my yak, or canoe(w/kids), and I really hate those guys too...Not many guys on the lake have much respect for people in smaller craft, or those that are fishing...wake away!
Old 02-17-12, 10:03 PM   #10
Dogmatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by basstech View Post
How far out is that main channel from the shore on the west side of the point? Not Knowing anything about that lake it looks like it would be a good spot to start. If you can find an area like that on the northwest end of the lake, it may even be better.
That channel is right off the bank along that section, and those rocks are slippery, don't slip, or your swimming in 40 degree water!

I was going to concentrate on the section from #21 to the point, would have preferred to be on the north shore however, the sun was out, think the water would have been better, plus a little more shelter from the wind.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.