Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bass Classifieds

Old 03-06-12, 03:37 PM   #1
bassboogieman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Keithdog - PRIVATE

Here are some pictures of my bladed jigs. I have yours ready to go. Remember I can make them any way you want. I'll list the components at the end.

top left clockwise: shad, minnow, blue/black, purple shad, golden shad

top > bottom: sexy shad, minnow, bleding shad, firetiger

top: frog. 2nd row: chrt/wht/blk & lemon frog. 3rd row: chart. shad & firetiger. bottom: chart/white.

top: sunfish & bluegill. bottom: crawdad & watermellon/purple

top left > clockwise: white/chart, wht/blk/chart, frog, chart shad & lemon frog.

left top > bottom: golden shad, shad, purple shad. right: shad.

top left > clockwise: Bleeder, minnow, sexy shad & firetiger.

That's a represention of what's on hand.
Custom made - Heads: 1/4 or 3/8 oz in pumpkin, watermellon, white, black & chartruse. Blades: turbo (holes) in stainless or gold & solid blade in stainless, gold or with reflective tape in silver, gold, chartruese or red.
Skirts: 24 colors available, if you don't see anything you like here ask.
Any combination you like can be done especially for you.

Last edited by bassboogieman; 03-06-12 at 10:27 PM.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-12, 07:16 PM   #2
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Those look awsome Bruce! I really have to have that sunfish version in the fourth picture, top left. The 3/8 oz versions would be perfect and I'm very fond of gold blades, except on black or purple, I like silver/nickle. You are the man to see for chatterbaits!

Last edited by keithdog; 03-06-12 at 11:12 PM.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-12, 08:08 PM   #3
gysgthard
BassFishin.Com Member

Sir

what is the going price and how much is shipping?
gysgthard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-12, 09:29 PM   #4
bassboogieman

gyssgthard - Sent you a PM - if you do not have pop-ups blocked you will get a message notification when you log on. Thanks for asking.

Quote:
You are the man to see for bladed jigs
Fixed it foy ya, Keith. Thanks.

Last edited by bassboogieman; 03-06-12 at 09:34 PM.
Old 03-07-12, 08:18 AM   #5
kennethdaysale

Bladed jigs rock!
Old 03-07-12, 08:45 AM   #6
mike234
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Bassboogieman,
I was wondering what the price is one of these(3/8oz) and if you have the 1/2oz and the price on them. Would really like to purchase some of these as they look great and I believe they will catch fish. Send me a pm if possible.
Thanks
Mike
mike234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-12, 09:10 AM   #7
bassboogieman

mike234 - you are blocked from receiving PM's, at least from me - got me on your IGNORE LIST?

Anyway if you'd like info please email me @ brucemoore19365@yahoo.com. I do not - currently - have any in 1/2 oz as I don't use them that heavy. I do this as a hobby, but sell occasionly to friends that may want a few. I can do 1/2 oz if someone really wants them that heavy. I'll explain it all in an email. Thanks fo asking.
Old 03-07-12, 11:12 PM   #8
Jrob78

Those jigs look awesome Bruce. I wish you guys wouldn't post stuff like this, it's almost more than I can handle. It's a wonder I'm not living in a cardboard box guarding all my baits.
Old 03-07-12, 11:51 PM   #9
kennethdaysale

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboogieman View Post
mike234 - you are blocked from receiving PM's, at least from me - got me on your IGNORE LIST?

Anyway if you'd like info please email me @ brucemoore19365@yahoo.com. I do not - currently - have any in 1/2 oz as I don't use them that heavy. I do this as a hobby, but sell occasionly to friends that may want a few. I can do 1/2 oz if someone really wants them that heavy. I'll explain it all in an email. Thanks fo asking.
Can you or have you ever made the ones with just a little spinnerbait blade attached to the jig? I got to believe you could make some nice examples of them.
Old 03-08-12, 12:49 AM   #10
bassboogieman

No, Ken I haven't. I believe that would be an entirely different bait, more like a swim jig. I don't think a spinner blade would work very well on this type lure with the blade up front. And this really is a hobby thing for me, this lure has replaced the spinnerbait as my favorite.

I started making them 18 months ago after a trip to Canada. I only had a half dozen in my boat, and I tried them the first day there and caught smallies, largemouth and pike all day, and by noon on the second day they were all GONE. The pike would not leave it alone. It's not a popular bait in Canada, I went to 3 different tackle shops and found 3 baits - and they were $8.00 each - that's outrageous. It was then I decided to make my own, save some money and make some in colors I couldn't get commercially. I'm sure - if you looked at the pictures - you haven't seen any baits available commercailly in the colors and varitey of the ones I make.

Actually just for the sake of argument - I can make them with 36 different skirts, 3 weights, 5 head colors and 9 blades - that's like 4860 different combinations or possible baits each slightly different. Granted, all the color combinations won't work together, but I could probably make 2000 different lures with a combination that would work. You won't get that commercailly, and that's the fun of making my own.

I fooled around with different components for a while until I got these the way I wanted them. Most of the commercial brands come with a thinner skirt, I wanted a bit bulkier skirt and a blade with good thump. These thump pretty good (ask Keith) and really dance in the water. Just add your favorite trailer - mine happens to be a 4" fluke - and you're good to go.
Old 03-08-12, 10:31 AM   #11
docirv

Send a message via Skype™ to docirv

What a bunch of b s, I taught Bassboogieman all he knows about making baits.... and he has surpassed the teacher already.... nice work boogers...
Old 03-08-12, 10:50 AM   #12
joedog

Great work Bruce!
Those are functional works of art!
Thanks for the share.
I heard because of lawsuits by Z-mann alot of manufactures were forced to stop producing them. Anyone else hear of this?
Old 03-08-12, 11:24 AM   #13
bassboogieman

Joe - you'll notice in the 4th post down I corrected a previous comment? I make no reference to the Zmann lure. I also have made changes - I seriously consider them improvements - to the original, patented CHATTERBAIT. Yes, the originator does protect their patent, I personally know an individual on the receiving end of one of thier threats. But several commercail makers produce a similiar lure, but they cannot be an exact copy to avoid a patent infringement.

Should you place my lure next to a CHATTERBAIT, while similiar there are obvious diffrences. The action in the water is different also. I believe mine give a little more "thump" due to the blade, and the skirt (totally different) offers two (IMO) advanages, it's bulkier (more easily seen) and they "dance" (appear to shake more and in a slightly wider shake) differently on a crankbait type of retreive. I won't mention the color differences and variety, or the halographic blades OOPS, looks like I did. I can't remember seeing any commercial varity with the halo blade, but then I ignore them in the tackle stores because I make my own and am happy with them.

BTW, this is NOT a sales pitch although it sounds like it. I again state that I've worked on this bait to suit me and to save me some money - I use a lot of them in the course of a season. When I return to Canada I'll have two dozen on board, and extras in my truck. They are also a very good & populal lure on the Potomac and with the growing number of snakeheads, I'll be preparing for it as I do for Canada.

I enjoy making them and as I can do so cheaper than buying a commercial brand, I was able to give one to everyone the attended Wheeler. Not a big deal, by any means, but I would not have done that if I had to go out and buy a similiar lure at a tackle store. I hope those that got one have had success with it. Everyone likes a little freebie now & then and I was happy to be able to do it.

Oh yeah, Doc taught me all about lure making fishing boat handling music appreciation and dozing off in the middle of a conversation.

Last edited by bassboogieman; 03-08-12 at 11:30 AM.
Old 03-08-12, 06:49 PM   #14
mike234

Bassboogieman,
Sent you a email. Sorry you could not pm me on site. Do not know what is wrong. Have not put you or anyone on any lists that I know of.
Thanks,
Mike
mike234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-12, 04:04 PM   #15
bassboogieman

Thanks for the inquiries, this was a response I was not expecting. And the built to order is getting to be unmanagable, those that want a one-of-a-kind causes me to spend more than I can recover in a sale. If you want any of my blade jigs, I'll be working up pictures of what is available, and those can be purchased. I have a very wide selection of lures, and some are one-of-a-kind.

I found another skirt supplier with some fantastic colors. I'll be putting togerther another batch of lures in the next week, they will be availble as a pick from a picture. I will also make some in 1/2 oz. as I've been asked about that. Stay tuned, I have some neat skirts comming in next week.

Those individuals I sent lists for custom made, if you choose to order I will honor those requests. If you want to wait until I post the pictures and see the actual baits, that's fine also. Thanks again to those that contacted me about lure purchase, I really was not expecting that.

***PLEASE SEE THE NEW POSTING FOR WHAT I HAVE AVAILABLE AND FOR SALE IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THESE LURES. THANKS***

Last edited by bassboogieman; 03-09-12 at 06:28 PM.
Old 03-10-12, 11:36 AM   #16
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboogieman View Post

Should you place my lure next to a CHATTERBAIT, while similiar there are obvious diffrences. The action in the water is different also. I believe mine give a little more "thump" due to the blade, and the skirt (totally different) offers two (IMO) advanages, it's bulkier (more easily seen) and they "dance" (appear to shake more and in a slightly wider shake) differently on a crankbait type of retreive.
I can vouch for this. Folks, I've been using chatterbait style lures for several years now, having tried various brands, and I can tell you none of them give the vibration and thump that Bruces do. The action in the water impressed me like no other brand. Bruce, when you get those 1/2oz versions made, I'd like to get a few to try out.
Old 03-10-12, 12:44 PM   #17
bassboogieman

Dang Keith, you gave me goosebumps. Thanks, I appreciate you backing up my claims. I'm new at this, and y'know sometimes claims are made to sell a product, and for most guys on here, I'm just a name - they certainly don't know me, nor I them. Today it's a bit more difficult to belive everything someone may tell you about a product. Thank you, and I put a fairly big order in yesterday, and should have some 1/2 oz ready to go towards the end of next week. Due to the orders I filled the last couple days - my personal stash is suffering and it needs replentished.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.