Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Topics for Specific Waters or Regions

Old 04-08-12, 01:49 PM   #1
lilmule
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default A trip to remember

Have a safe trip home Justin.
While here they decided to take a side trip to secret hole number 178.Its still a secret he wore a blindfold.

Nothing like a little quality time with your dad.

And wasnt a total loss water temp down to 65F and at least one fish of decent size.

Nice looking boat by the way.
Sorry I left a tad early,wife wasnt feeling real good this morning had me worried ,all the relatives I have left,but everything ok when I got back.
Bite basically was horny toads and or white buzzbaits,with several short fish by all.
Hope all is well and that you had a nice time.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-12, 03:40 PM   #2
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

awesum muly...........just awesum man.
Old 04-08-12, 09:47 PM   #3
oglejust
BassFishin.Com Active Member

we had one heck of a time, roger was the nicest guy u could ever meet and did an awesome job guiding us. heres some details from the trip
before the trip we made a bet, 10 dollars for the most fish and 10 dollars for the biggest fish. ull figure out how that went by the end of the post
we arived at the fishtale lodge friday at around 1, by the time we got settled in, licenses bought lunch ate boat gassed and a call to roger we were headed out to go fishing. on the way we stopped by rogers to look at some spots on his gps since ive yet to spend the money on one. after following him to a ramp we started the afternoon. water was rough and unlike anything we have ever experienced. we never got the first bite and never saw anybody catch anything. headed back to the lodge and hit the hay.
saturday:woke up at 8, my boat was the only one still at the lodge.. go figure. took off at paris landing, water wasnt near as rough. we found a good spot, had beautiful houses and some nice docks. i caught a keeper probably 2lbs. dad caught 2 small fish and later i caught 1 more that was short. that ended the day. at at lepantos in paris tn, was very good food and reasonably priced. also stopped at matts pub on 79 and kicked some butt at pool.
sunday: met roger at 6am, 45 min to the secret spot which directions can be bought for 3 easy payments of $99.99 haha. we got out there and first thing dad catches fish #3 that was short. we got into the lilly pads and started throwing top waters, i caught #3 to tie dad... little later on i caught 1 that was 2 lb 9 oz and then called it a day. had a 6 hr drive home and boy am i glad to be home.
summary: altho i only caught 4 and dad only caught 3 im really glad we went, the main reason for going was to get away and to spend some quality time with my dad. its a trip we'll never forget and i do plan on going back again with some more knowledge, experience and proper gear. special thanks to roger for all the help, to my friends here at bassfishin for suggestions on places to stay and to my dad for funding 1/2 the trip.
pix to follow

and just for the record i got my 20 bux for the biggest and the most fish
oglejust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-12, 10:11 PM   #4
oglejust

oglejust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-12, 10:20 PM   #5
skeeter1804

Dang those are some fine looking pads.
skeeter1804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-12, 10:29 PM   #6
lilmule
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Week long cold front,water temp had dropped about 3 deg.
Your like a local now as I had dinner at Lepantos this afternoon.
And in the back end of that cove,you fished on sat is Fat Daddies-floating rest/bar under a tiki roof,marine version of mats.
We have a saying dont be a stranger
An yuall come back n see us ya heah
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.