Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 08-26-04, 02:19 PM   #1
Ben_Dover
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ben_Dover
Default Dont get it!!!

All I ever hear is this is a bass fishing site and when someone gets of the topic someone always is there to say something. But for some reason no one said anything about the pickerel site. I dont really care but I think if people would talk as much about bass as they did the Pickerel we could actually learn alot. No offence to all u pike and pickerel people but I wish everyone would give some info like that about bass fishing. ;D
Ben_Dover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-04, 04:14 PM   #2
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude
Default Re: Dont get it!!!

the reason everybody put out info on tyhe pickerel site is because if u fish for bass you have a really good chance on catching a pickerel or any other kinds of fish if u think about it pickerel are almost the same as bass they hit the same lures they are in the same spots and i really think that you should be allowed to talk about any FISH. learning about different fish can help u catch more fish. as far as talking about wakeboarding jet skiing etc thats another story

-brian
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-04, 04:40 PM   #3
BassNva
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to BassNva

not to be rude..but..if i wanted to discuss other types of fishing i could go to any of a thousand other sites to find out about them.i come to this site because there are many knowledgeable BASS fisherman.i have learned a lot about BASS fishing here.i don't mind a little levity once in a while.however when it come to a serious post about anything that doesn't concern BASS fishing,i believe that stuff belongs someplace else.i try to have consideration and respect for all the other serious BASS fisherman on this site by not bothering them with bull sh**.
the sign says"your one-stop source for BASS fishing information."
just wish i was a moderator on this site...
you people that post that cr** should realize any serious BASSaholic really doesn't care squat about anything else except BASS fishing.got it now?
jeez!what a rant.i'm done ;D
BassNva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-04, 04:58 PM   #4
DARRYL_B
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to DARRYL_B

My opinion, as long as I'm in the presence of other official fisherpersons and bassaholics, I really don't give a flying duck what other b*******s post. If I've got an important question I'll start a topic. Of course what do I know, I'm new to the forum.
DARRYL_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-04, 05:01 PM   #5
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

ive learned alot on this site about bass fishin as well. but every once in a while i like to talk about different fish. like i said learning about different fish helps you catch more fish in this case bass. i have nothin against every once in a while talkin about a different fish its when to much talkin about different fish starts then it becomes a problem. and so far nothin like thats happened since ive been here.

-brian
Old 08-26-04, 05:09 PM   #6
BassNva
BassFishin.Com Member

i guess you will never get it..
Old 08-26-04, 05:17 PM   #7
DARRYL_B
BassFishin.Com Member

:-/
Old 08-26-04, 06:01 PM   #8
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

i guess not
Old 08-26-04, 06:41 PM   #9
jeffman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jeffman

BASSFISHER,

YOU JUST HIT THE NAIL RIGHT SQUARE ON THE HEAD!!!

First someone posts about pickerel. Then someone else likes to fish for catfish so they post about catfish. Then someone is a muskie fisherman, so they post about muskies. Then someone comes along and sees all the posts about different fish, so they post about carp fishing, and on and on and on. Pretty soon we no longer have a bass fishing site, we have a fishing site like so many others sites on the net that no one is any longer interested and it goes downhill until Kevin loses his advertisers and he takes the site off altogether.
Then we have to get on one of the CRAP sites if we want to talk about fishing and listen to the carp, catfish, pickerel, marlin, wahoo, flathead, sandbass, walleye and other assorted fishermen tell us why we are dummies for fishing for bass and then throwing them back.
I don't need that crap, so I would rather keep this site a PURE bass fishing site.

(Anybody want to buy a case of soap???)

JackL
jeffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-04, 06:56 PM   #10
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

climbed up on a new soap box eh..jackl?
i agree i was in one of those crap sites for a while got real tired of being called an idiot for throwing them back. i was just looking at other sites and ran in to this one by accident and i have been here a while now it is one of the best sites i have ever been to .it just needs a moderator..

zooker

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Rob Mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-04, 06:59 PM   #11
DARRYL_B
BassFishin.Com Member

oh...well why didn't you say it's essential to the sites' survival, that makes all the difference. Bass, Bass, Bass...Not a firkin' thing else from now on. :-X
Old 08-26-04, 09:05 PM   #12
mallard
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to mallard

Fish are fish. They all swim, they all use gills to breathe, and they all eat food. They can all potentially be caught (although the fangtooths a few miles down in the ocean are hard LOL)

IF YOU DO NOT LIKE THE LOOKS OF A TITLE, DON'T CLICK IT.

If a thread is titled "Pickerel" then guess what, it's probably about pickerel. If you don't care about pickerel, don't click it.

mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-04, 09:14 PM   #13
ryan7261
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to ryan7261

I think we all stay on topic for the most part.
I think it's sometimes we fall short of things to say and new topic's might spawn a new topic for bass.

It get those creative juice's flowing again, If you will a kick start ( Motley Crew) I find a little stray here and there has not hurt us as bass anglers.

So if you want to slag people about not posting BASS thread's then start posting more about Bass your self.

With all the tallent that comes on here they should post more than reading more!

That's all I got to say on that and this is directed at no one so don't get all bent.

Accept YOU Zook the motley crew was for you! ;D

Robby.
ryan7261 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-04, 09:40 PM   #14
BassNva
BassFishin.Com Member

ok,just so you all finally get it....if you want to talk about other fish...get the hell out of here.if you want to talk bass,pull up a chair.
i only post when i have something to say(unless i been drinking )..for instance if reb(or anybody)answers a question...what sense does it make for me to say the same things..there are a bunch of us on here that sort of think alike and have much experience so it's a good possibility when one guy answers,it's pretty much what the others are thinking.
i remember when lizards was here only a few months,he didn't know alot about bass fishing(or so it seemed).now,his replys are a lot like i would answer.
the grasshopper has learned well.
who wants the soap box next?
Old 08-26-04, 10:22 PM   #15
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich

Well, I'm not going to get on the soapbox, and yes, grasshopper has learned well ;D

I'm a bass fisherman. That is all I fish for. I'm not really interested in reading about other species-nothing against them or fishing for them, but I come here to share info and get a few laughs with my fellow bass fishermen. However, I realize other folks like to fish for other species, so:

How about EVERYBODY (and I mean EVERYBODY) email Kevin and ask him to add a forum titled "Other Species" or something along those lines? If we flood his mailbox we might get some action. If he goes for it, problem solved. Here is his email address:

kevin@bassfishin.com

The most that could happen is nothing.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-04, 10:40 PM   #16
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

thats sounds like a great idea. but about the pickerel site i posted it there so that i no more about them. somtimes when BASS FISHING you catch DIFFERENT FISH and i wasnt sure if pickerel had teeth so if i happened to catch one i would of not been sure what to do now i no thanks to good info from this site(thanks to everyone who replied) when and now im more prepared thats the only reason i posted it so that i can have a better and safer time BASS FISHIN

-brian
Old 08-27-04, 05:39 AM   #17
nicholastown
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to nicholastown

Guys! Come on!
Lone Archer said it best, "if you do not like the looks of a title don't click it." Everyone is talking about this site going to hell because of posts about other fish, well let me tell you that is not what is going to be the downfall of this site. The downfall of this site, if it does take place, is going to be all the childish bickering, and just childish actions in general. As far as posting about other fish, well, I myself have posted " that crap," and I do consider myself a bass fisherman. I most likely will post "that crap" again in the future, so I guess I must "get the hell out of here." LOL, I don't think so. As far as i am concerned, anyone who's favorite pastime is fishing, is a friend of mine, I don't really care what they fish for. I guess I am not as closed minded as some. Good fish to everyone, for anything they might catch.
nicholastown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-04, 10:11 AM   #18
LEVI
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to LEVI

So when do we get to talk about bluegill around here
just kiddin! I had to do it ;D

Kybasser
LEVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-04, 01:06 PM   #19
DARRYL_B
BassFishin.Com Member

[quote author=mtbassman77 link=board=news;num=1093540765;start=0#16 date=08/27/04 at 04:39:34]Guys! Come on!
Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Lone Archer said it best, "if you do not Â*like the looks of a title don't click it." Everyone is talking about this site going to hell because of posts about other fish, well let me tell you that is not what is going to be the downfall of this site. The downfall of this site, if it does take place, is going to be all the childish bickering, and just childish actions in general. As far as posting about other fish, well, I myself have posted " that crap," and I do consider myself a bass fisherman. I most likely will post "that crap" again in the future, so I guess I must "get the hell out of here." LOL, I don't think so. As far as i am concerned, anyone who's favorite pastime is fishing, is a friend of mine, I don't really care what they fish for. I guess I am not as closed minded as some. Good fish to everyone, for anything they might catch.[/quote]

Amen dude...
Old 08-27-04, 03:12 PM   #20
bearpaw
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bearpaw

There are sites for pike,musky, and any other fish that you prefer. Go to those and post your statements. This is a bass fishing site. Leave it at that.
bearpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-04, 03:41 PM   #21
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

[quote author=Rebbasser link=board=news;num=1093540765;start=0#14 date=08/26/04 at 21:22:29]Well, I'm not going to get on the soapbox, and yes, grasshopper has learned well ;D

I'm a bass fisherman. That is all I fish for. I'm not really interested in reading about other species-nothing against them or fishing for them, but I come here to share info and get a few laughs with my fellow bass fishermen. However, I realize other folks like to fish for other species, so:

How about EVERYBODY (and I mean EVERYBODY) email Kevin and ask him to add a forum titled "Other Species" or something along those lines? If we flood his mailbox we might get some action. If he goes for it, problem solved. Here is his email address:

kevin@bassfishin.com

The most that could happen is nothing.[/quote]

Just sent my email ;D But I will admit, I like to talk bass, not other species, I go to other sites for those(which is very rare). But I also did make a post about Gar, that replied to a post. I do believe if Kevin would just put up a new board then it would solve a lot of these problems. And could keep everyone happy as possible. Now we would just have to keep people to post on the right board, which doesn't happen now. :P For example this post should have been in MESSAGE BOARD IMO

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-04, 08:48 PM   #22
mallard
BassFishin.Com Member

And like it has been said, sometimes talking about other species can be very on topic.

Pickerel are a reality of bass fishing in many areas. Pickerel have virtually the same habitat requirements as largemouth bass do, and the same diet.

Any bass fishing technique can catch a pickerel. Many bass fisherman will encounter them. I'd hate for them to try and lip a big pickerel because they don't know it has teeth...

I don't see how asking how to handle a pickerel is off topic. Sure they could find a pickerel site, or you can ignore a topic titled "PICKEREL" like previously mentioned.
Old 08-27-04, 09:05 PM   #23
spinnerbaitking
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to spinnerbaitking

how about the member that likes to post certain questions and topics as a guest under diferent name. with his unique spelling and grammer ints not hard to spot out who he is. Kevin should be able to monitor and stop IP address' from posting under multiple screen names. not many sites allow guests to post. its not hard to register so include in your email requesting a new board(prehaps an "everything else or misc board" disabling guest posts on tips, trick & techniques" and if possible designate a senior board member to moderate board. would be cool if in-appropriate topics could be moved to the misc BS board. Unfortunately since we all like to hop on the soap box we are the ones keeping these odd ball topics alive. child psych tells you ignoreing attention getting behavior is the surest way to make them stop. Of course im as guilty as the next guy. lol
spinnerbaitking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-04, 12:19 PM   #24
Ben_Dover
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ben_Dover

Sorry about putting it on the wrong one lizards If I have anything else like that to post it will be on the message boards but thats all I have to say about that LOL!!! And oh yeah its hard not to click on it when it is a hot topic. The only hot topic here should be BASS!!!!BASS!!!!!BASS!!!!!BASS its the only one u can make money catching here in the south they dont have walleye or pickerel tournaments can anyone tell me how to catch walleye no just kidding please dont I want to know everything u guys know about BASS FISHING and thats it. There the man who started this post has spoke his peace once again catch a big one BASS that is. 8)
Ben_Dover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-04, 03:36 PM   #25
mallard
BassFishin.Com Member

Because we know everybody is from the south, right?

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.