Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-11, 06:36 PM   #1
bcklash
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default 2013 Classic At Grand Lake?

Hearing the 2013 Classic might be at Grand Lake. I bet C-rig will like that.
Old 11-09-11, 08:27 PM   #2
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

That would be awesome!
Old 11-09-11, 09:17 PM   #3
pro reel
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

If it is, i will def be there.
pro reel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-11, 09:48 AM   #4
MississippiBoy

Yep, it's true....

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextr...1_Tewrds141511
Old 11-10-11, 12:26 PM   #5
pro reel

I will be there, but I wonder if it will be an ice fishing classic. Last year they had 18 inch's of snow in mid Feb.
Old 11-10-11, 07:27 PM   #6
bluebasser86

Wow that would be awesome! I will be there!
bluebasser86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-11, 02:26 AM   #7
carolina-rig-01

While I am flat out thrilled that the Classic will be on my home lake, I do have a few concerns. The first one has already been mentioned by Proreel. The weather is going to be dicey at best. In both of the last two Februarys Grand Lake has been frozen from bank to bank in two of the biggest areas of the lake, from Sailboat Bridge all the way to Martin Landing as well as from Shang Ri La all the way to Woodward Hollow and anyone who knows this lake knows just how big of an area I am talking about. I just worry that there will be some issues with the weather. Last February dropped two feet of snow on the Grand Lake area and it's possible that the temps that time of year will be lows below zero and highs in the teens. The other concern is that while the tournament is on Grand all the festivities such as the weigh-ins and the Expo will be held in Tulsa. I haven't looked at a map yet but I would bet that it's more than an hour drive to Tulsa from the Grove Oklahoma area, which means a lot of driving if you want to see everything, and possibly on bad road conditions. Like I said, I am jacked up that the Classic will be here but I honestly think it is a bad decision. I wish they would have scheduled a regular season event here instead.
Old 11-11-11, 03:23 AM   #8
pro reel

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina-rig-01 View Post
While I am flat out thrilled that the Classic will be on my home lake, I do have a few concerns. The first one has already been mentioned by Proreel. The weather is going to be dicey at best. In both of the last two Februarys Grand Lake has been frozen from bank to bank in two of the biggest areas of the lake, from Sailboat Bridge all the way to Martin Landing as well as from Shang Ri La all the way to Woodward Hollow and anyone who knows this lake knows just how big of an area I am talking about. I just worry that there will be some issues with the weather. Last February dropped two feet of snow on the Grand Lake area and it's possible that the temps that time of year will be lows below zero and highs in the teens. The other concern is that while the tournament is on Grand all the festivities such as the weigh-ins and the Expo will be held in Tulsa. I haven't looked at a map yet but I would bet that it's more than an hour drive to Tulsa from the Grove Oklahoma area, which means a lot of driving if you want to see everything, and possibly on bad road conditions. Like I said, I am jacked up that the Classic will be here but I honestly think it is a bad decision. I wish they would have scheduled a regular season event here instead.
I agree 100%. If they are always going to have the classic in late feburary, then they should have it in the South where the weather will be better. I would much prefer that they have a regular season elite tourney at grand in late April through May or a season ender in the fall. Even if they luck out with a mild week temp wise, the fishing on grand in mid Feb is going to very very tough. I hope this does work out though, because it's about the only chance i will have to attend a classic event
Old 11-11-11, 10:25 PM   #9
66KingFisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro reel View Post
the fishing on grand in mid Feb is going to very very tough. I hope this does work out though, because it's about the only chance i will have to attend a classic event
My thoughts exactly.....
Old 11-12-11, 01:43 AM   #10
carolina-rig-01

I could be wrong but if they do get lucky with the weather not being too bad I would actually look for some big weights to come across the scales. Grand is usually on fire in the winter months, especially if you get a few days in a row with some sun and a warming trend. But I would still bet that the weather will make this thing a total mess.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.