Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-11, 01:12 AM   #1
WatterBoy
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default BCS mayhem...

Wow!!! After trailing 24-7 early in the 3rd quarter, Iowa State came back to tie #2 Oklahoma State 24-24 at the end of regulation, and then the Cyclones won it 37-31 in double OT. What a great game to watch, and I was happy to see the team I watched in person once a year as a kid finally beat a #1 or #2 ranked team. Congrats ISU on the big win, and I guess also to Alabama who will likely move up to the #2 spot in the BCS rankings.
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-11, 01:20 AM   #2
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Talk about a wildly exciting game! OSU grosly underestimated Iowa State. Talk about an edge of your seat finish. That was awsome. I see a rematch between LSU and Bama comming.
Old 11-19-11, 10:51 AM   #3
Bassboss

Easily the best football game I've seen all year, both NFL, and collage.

Glad Bama's back in the hunt for the BSC champion ship game. The win was really a win-win, win for all the one loss teams but the Sooners.
Old 11-19-11, 11:05 AM   #4
Top Tiger
BassFishin.Com Active Member

As of now, the road to #1 still goes through Baton Rouge.
Top Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-11, 07:01 PM   #5
bamabassman

top tigger (lol joking), i FULLY understadn pal. remember though.....you gotta get past the HAWGS and they are looking really good. i for one am NOT overlooking auburn. we won today. auburn won today. arkansas beat ms st (sorry daniel). and now L S U has to play arkansas their last game.

now, IF arkansas wins over L S U, there will be a 3 way tie in the west correct? who is declaired the winner of the west? georgia won the east today.
Old 11-19-11, 07:06 PM   #6
TN_Bassin

Honestly I don't think there is a team in college to beat alabama or lsu besides eachother.
Old 11-19-11, 07:15 PM   #7
WatterBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
top tigger (lol joking), i FULLY understadn pal. remember though.....you gotta get past the HAWGS and they are looking really good. i for one am NOT overlooking auburn. we won today. auburn won today. arkansas beat ms st (sorry daniel). and now L S U has to play arkansas their last game.

now, IF arkansas wins over L S U, there will be a 3 way tie in the west correct? who is declaired the winner of the west? georgia won the east today.
Not saying Arkansas can't beat LSU next week, but I'll be very surprised if they do, especially with the game being at LSU. Let's see tonight if LSU is looking past Ole Miss at all....

Boy, Clemson is sure laying a big ol' egg against NC State today. Not just losing, but getting absolutely blown out, 37-6 heading into the 4th quarter.
Old 11-19-11, 09:58 PM   #8
WatterBoy

No problem for LSU against the Rebels with a 35-3 halftime lead. #4 Oregon definitely has their hands full (losing 14-0 right now) tonight vs. USC and #5 Oklahoma may have a battle as well, currently tied 3-3, vs. #22 Baylor.
Old 11-20-11, 12:35 AM   #9
Bassboss

More Mayhem?! I think so! USC beat Oregon, and man what a good game, probably time for the Iowa, Ok. state game for the best I've seen, lol!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!
Old 11-20-11, 12:36 AM   #10
WatterBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassboss View Post
More Mayhem?! I think so! USC beat Oregon, and man what a good game, probably time for the Iowa, Ok. state game for the best I've seen, lol!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!
Can't anyone make a FG at the end of a game when it counts?!? Yep, down got the Ducks, and the Sooners might be next. They are down 7 with 6:00 left against Baylor. Setting up for another great finish. I love college football!!!
Old 11-20-11, 12:50 AM   #11
Bassboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatterBoy View Post
Can't anyone make a FG at the end of a game when it counts?!? Yep, down got the Ducks, and the Sooners might be next. They are down 7 with 6:00 left against Baylor. Setting up for another great finish. I love college football!!!
37-38 now, and Ok. going for the 2 pt conversion FTW. Exciting stuff!!!

*edit*

Ok. jumps off sides, back five yards, goes for the EP, and makes it, tied game, about 50 seconds left. Looks like another OT game to me!

*edit*

Touchdown Baylor with 8 seconds left, and lead by 7.

Last edited by Bassboss; 11-20-11 at 01:02 AM.
Bassboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-11, 01:10 AM   #12
WatterBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassboss View Post
37-38 now, and Ok. going for the 2 pt conversion FTW. Exciting stuff!!!

*edit*

Ok. jumps off sides, back five yards, goes for the EP, and makes it, tied game, about 50 seconds left. Looks like another OT game to me!

*edit*

Touchdown Baylor with 8 seconds left, and lead by 7.
And the crazy part was Baylor was trying to play for OT after the last kickoff since they had no timeouts left. But OU calls timeout after first down, Baylor gets a nice scramble from QB Griffin for a first down and then a few plays later comes the long TD pass to win it at the end. WOW, what a weekend of college football! It will be interesting to see how far Arkansas moves up. Is it possible the top 3 in the BCS standings will be LSU, ALA, ARK??????
Old 11-20-11, 01:14 AM   #13
Bassboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatterBoy View Post
And the crazy part was Baylor was trying to play for OT after the last kickoff since they had no timeouts left. But OU calls timeout after first down, Baylor gets a nice scramble from QB Griffin for a first down and then a few plays later comes the long TD pass to win it at the end. WOW, what a weekend of college football! It will be interesting to see how far Arkansas moves up. Is it possible the top 3 in the BCS standings will be LSU, ALA, ARK??????
Sounds VERY possible to me, we'll just have to wait until tomorrow to find. What a top 3 that would be though.. all SEC power houses.
Old 11-20-11, 01:14 AM   #14
keithdog

This just might be the most exciting weekend of NCAA football I can ever remember. Who would have thought that Origon, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Clemson would all go down in defeat. And the wildly exciting edge of your seat finishes. Boy oh boy, Thats why I love college football!!!
If I had to guess the top 5 teams, I'd have to say
1 LSU
2 Bama
3 Arkansas
4 Stanford
5 Oregon

Last edited by keithdog; 11-20-11 at 01:28 AM.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-11, 09:21 PM   #15
bamabassman

it's official

LSU #1
ALABAMA #2
ARKANSAS #3

ALL SEC WEST TEAMS.

this means that THIS weekends games will decide who plays whom. LSU vs ARKANSAS, will be THE game of the weekend. ALABAMA vs AUBURN will be the second most important game of the weekend. AUBURN is not even ranked in the top 25. so even IF bama beats auburn it may not mean much. the winner of the LSU vs ARKANSAS game WILL mean something.

correct me if i am wrong, but this has NEVER happened before. i mean 3 teams in the SAME conference, ont eh SAME division has NEVER been ranked 1,2,3. AM I RIGHT?
Old 11-21-11, 01:02 PM   #16
doc

Now we just need the HOGS to upset the tigers...... *Again!!
Wooooo!!!!!!!!!! Pigg!! Sooeeeeyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On another note Just seen the news where
WestBoro to Picket Arkansas' TE Garrett Uekman's Funeral

If these asshats show up to picket the Razorbacks funeral, I'll be sick to my stomach.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-11, 02:28 PM   #17
PAfisher76
BassFishin.Com Member

Who else here thinks Bob Stoops is over rated? He has more talent on his teams and does less with it than anyone.
PAfisher76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-11, 02:30 PM   #18
LVSKEETER
BassFishin.Com Member

1,2,3 in the same conference has happened like once before in the 70's..not the bcs though..I listened to college football talk last night and this is what I took from it..

Bama wins along with an LSU win and bama is in..lsu in sec champ game..if lsu loses a close one they would still prob play bama for the champ..

bama wins and lsu loses, bama goes to the sec champ game and ark should be in the champ..bama in with an sec champ win but if they lose to georgia then it will likely be ark and lsu..

if bama and lsu lose this weekend, then ark goes to sec champ and is in with a win and possibly playin lsu or the #4 bcs school..

that pretty much covers the basics..they said it's about a 90% chance it'll be sec vs sec for the NC
LVSKEETER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-11, 04:48 PM   #19
3dkicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
LSU #1
ALABAMA #2
ARKANSAS #3
Isn't Houston undefeated? Shouldn't they be #2???
Old 11-21-11, 04:57 PM   #20
Top Tiger

3DKicker is absolutely right! Houston Cougars should be right up there with the others. After the whuppin' that they put on " Mary Help of Christians" I don't see how they're not #1. Houston?, pleeeze.
Old 11-21-11, 05:04 PM   #21
doc

I think Houston plays our varsity High school saturday, if they do good they will probably go up in the rankings then, as it would have been their toughest test to date.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-11, 05:24 PM   #22
Top Tiger

Cougars must be feeling pretty tough. They're really playing the varsity? Must be a small H.S. conference.
Old 11-21-11, 05:56 PM   #23
WatterBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Tiger View Post
Cougars must be feeling pretty tough. They're really playing the varsity? Must be a small H.S. conference.
Well, they did wallop (North) Texas by 25 and that 56-0 shutout of Georgia (State) was impressive, wasn't it?

My prediction is that they'll lose to Tulsa this Friday.
Old 11-21-11, 06:54 PM   #24
bcklash

Help me understand this. Can Alabama win their division or conference? If not then how can they be in the NC game? I understand they might be the best team in college football, but you should have to earn your way into the NC game like the Cardinals did to get the WS and looked what happened. We need a playoff system.
Old 11-21-11, 08:50 PM   #25
WatterBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcklash View Post
Help me understand this. Can Alabama win their division or conference? If not then how can they be in the NC game? I understand they might be the best team in college football, but you should have to earn your way into the NC game like the Cardinals did to get the WS and looked what happened. We need a playoff system.
I have no idea if they can win their division or conference, but that doesn't mean they can't be the second best team in the nation and play in the NC game. I believe they have more than earned a shot to play for the title by beating everyone they've played except the #1 team. Obviously we need a playoff system, but I don't see that coming any time soon.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.