Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk

Old 08-13-13, 05:49 PM   #1
AUFred
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default 10 foot jon boat...

I just bought a 10 foot aluminum boat. When my kids were little I bought a 12 foot aluminum boat. I only fish in ponds and the 12 foot is getting to be a bit much for me to handle alone. I am looking forward to the shorter and lighter boat since I paddle only when I fish. I fish solo 99% of the time. I will keep the 12 for when someone fishes with me but I am looking forward to using the 10.
AUFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-13, 05:50 PM   #2
AUFred

By the way, both are untrailered so it is just me alone loading it in my truckbed and unloading it.
Old 08-13-13, 06:37 PM   #3
lilmule
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Forget who makes it but a set of wheels with a bar and two C clamps easy to put on and off makes life a bit easier,like a wheel barrow then.Could make with 3/8 all thread some nuts and washers then 2 clamps,naturally a set of lawnmower extra wheels.Not heavy can even be left on when flipped people will ask why you have 2 wheels sticking up.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-13, 08:46 PM   #4
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Enjoy your 10 footer. I have a 12 and I know what you mean about handling it alone. My 12 is a lake jon which is about 6 inches wider than a standard 12 foot jon. Don't sound like much, but getting it back into the back of the pick up alone was getting to be difficult. So I got a small trailer. Best move I ever made. No more hurting back. The wife and I get out together a few times a year, and so I stayed with that size. The 10 footer will do you nicely. Congrats
Old 08-13-13, 10:24 PM   #5
AUFred

Unless I luck up on a new spot I am usually alone so I really think the 10 will suit me well. My wife doesn't care to fish and my kids are not interested since they are grown and have their own interests.
Old 08-16-13, 04:43 PM   #6
dave
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I had a wide transom, twelve foot jon. I got two ten foot 2x8's (I think) and the mounts for tailgate loading a four wheeler or tractor. If loading right from the bank, it was heavy but possible. Just slide it up the ramps. When on a ramp or I was just not feeling it, I used a come-along. Hooked it to the front of the of the bed and cranked it up. I would have a hard time giving up the stability and room of the twelve.
dave is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.