Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk

Old 11-09-09, 04:09 PM   #1
WaffleJaw
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default +1 for the roadrunner

Its been pretty slow fishing on my lunch break..I had some good hits with a Rat'l Trap but nothing landed last week....Spinnerbaits and T-rigs haven't been touched in over two weeks..So I blew the dust off my finnese spinning rig with 8lb Mono and tied on a green/blk fleck body,chart head roadrunner and landed 3 bass in about 20 minutes..All were less than a pound,but a great little confidence boost!!
I had three other attacks, including a big one that fought me for about 5 seconds before shaking me loose..He felt about 2lbs.
I know the roadrunners are gonna probably attracts more smaller bass,but thats what mainly populates this area so my targeting was dead on..hahaha.
There are tons of structure piles in this creek.Its hard to pick one, so I start at one end and work my way down..I was just barely flicking the lure by the piles and the fish would hit it before i could reel in two feet...It was almost too easy,haha.
I had to cut off alot of the lures due to hang ups,but it was worth it.I usually have to fish heavily pressured lakes,so catching more than two fish is quite exciting and a good day
Heres two of the little basstards.
The creek is beautiful isnt it??
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dink 1.jpg
Views:	454
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	4435   Click image for larger version

Name:	dink2.jpg
Views:	455
Size:	132.9 KB
ID:	4436  
Old 11-09-09, 07:49 PM   #2
Racemaster33
BassFishin.Com Member

Default suprise!

Your right, that creek is beautiful. You keep fishing it and I bet you get a suprise one day. I use to fish a place like that and ended up landing a 4lb+ bass out of it. I finally learned to fish things they relate to in their every day life. I downsized and slowed down for great success. My secret weapon ended up being a 4" lizzard, green w/pepper specks. Looked natural, moved slow and slayed them.
Good luck!
Racemaster33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-09, 09:02 PM   #3
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

racemaster is right man. i too am willing to bet that there is a biggun in there. nice fish pal. thaks. all these pics of fish are really making me sad though, CUZ I AIN'T ABLE TO GO YET! DANG-IT!
Old 11-10-09, 09:20 AM   #4
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Fun fun! I just got me a confidence boost too! Felt good to catch a fish again! I know 'zactly how you feel!
Old 11-12-09, 01:47 PM   #5
aikenyounggun
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Man them road runners can catch fish, saw em catch 2 6+ lbers one time.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.