Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Topics for Specific Waters or Regions

Old 11-15-10, 01:04 PM   #1
Kpinckley14
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Lake Barkley

The past two times that we have gone out to Lake Barkley we have not had much luck catching fish. Is everyone having this trouble? If no one else is having this problem then enlighten me on where or what your fishing?

Thank you guys
Kpinckley14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-10, 02:20 PM   #2
lilmule
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Its been very dry,no current and the bite just plain sucks,there is no enlightenment.
You can get lucky and pull up on a bunch go back next day and they arnt there.
Water temp now 55 f,water hass turned somewhat as oxy down below and many fish are 8-10 ft deep with others with backs out of the water near shore.Not chasing shad but fathead minnows and shiners mostly.
What works one day wont the next.One must have multiple holes and have mutiple baits,chatterbaits and blade baits-silver buddy,spoons ofteen work if not on black bass the white variety.About the only topwater bite is a smallie on a rock point or a striper,generally 1 or 2 per day.
kentucky and Barkey are currently in same boat,and with the water temp this low doubt if much surface chasing is going to happen.
Lake is almost at winter pool-both-so tread lightly.Whats in the bays is mostly 14-15 in fish.
Just guessing but you should have better luck fishing the river section near clarksville.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-10, 08:54 PM   #3
nobass

fish main channel this weekend in clarksville could not by a bite, just hard all over right now. i amlooking for a fishing partner maybe we can hook up

Last edited by nobass; 11-15-10 at 09:17 PM.
nobass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-10, 09:08 PM   #4
whit
BassFishin.Com Member

Been tough on north Barkley, too. Went Saturday and caught one small striper and my buddy caught a couple short largemouths. I did manage to go 2 weeks ago and caught 4 keeper largemouths and several nice stripers and a crappie. But mostly its been short fish or no fish here lately.
Old 11-16-10, 01:24 PM   #5
Embrey
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

had about 12-14 lbs saturday. very tough though. big fish was 5.5. sunday had much better results. We had about 15lbs roughly and alot more fish. still very tough,and worked hard for em. But ,we also caught drum,smallies,a spot,whites,yellows,stripers,chain pickerel, and cats. Even had 2 nice keeper largemouth at the same time on the same bait.
Embrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-10, 04:07 PM   #6
lilmule

A month or so ago 12-14 lbs was winning still is apparently,normal sack this time of year-21pds or so that wouldnt even cut a check,normally.Must admit wouldnt make me embarressed to weigh them in anyway.
Nice that you did connect but bet about 40 percent of the field blanked.
As for the non targeted species comes with the change in type of baits used at this time of year,or seems to.
Old 11-16-10, 09:27 PM   #7
Embrey

oh ,we were just fun fishing. i dont know near enough on those lakes to gamble my money...lol
Old 11-17-10, 01:10 PM   #8
lilmule

Right now even fun fishing can be tuff,but generally one can catch more fun fishing than T fishing,for the simple reason can launch where and when desired and stay until desired.
I donate often,yet at times recollect some of that money spent, 17.01 pds got me 289 back last year 5th place yellow creek open,Kentucky lake.
Providing one doesnt go overboard a small amount of T fishing can sharpen ones skills,my own personal belief not something I wish to push on everyone.
Doubles occur often on crankbaits as several will chase one hooked back in this time of year,yet not all that common to get two keepers actually in.
Old 11-17-10, 04:00 PM   #9
Embrey

funny you should mention that. i had a drum at the boat and was just maintaining him there along side the boat waiting for the pliers,when i noticed a 'ghost' with him. A big striper was just following him everywhere he went keyed in on my bait.
Old 11-17-10, 11:56 PM   #10
lilmule

Ive had two chase one in it go airborne and toss the bait and both the folowers take the lure at the boat,hope to see it again.The oddest ive ever seen is one to toss it then hit same bait again after tossing and right at the boat,yes same fish that just threw it,as others that followed it in were trying to take it.
Its rather rare though for a different species to follow must have wanted it badly.
I relate it to one dog having a bone and the others wanting it because it has it,for the lack of a better explanation.
Old 11-18-10, 11:46 AM   #11
Embrey

we actually had 2 striper follow ins on different species that day in totally different areas.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.