Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-06, 10:52 AM   #1
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Mornings a Bust bigtime

Just had to vent here. What a morning. The bass fishing is basicall done in my parts in northern Indiana till spring. I live about 20 minutes south of Lake Michigan and reports have been comming in that walleye are being caught in the mouth of Trail Creek in Michigan City which empties into Lake Michigan. So last night I rigged two rods for bait fishing with crawlers and minnows which were reported to be what the walleyes were hitting. I get to my local baitshop at 5:40 and wait untill 6AM. Normally they open at 5AM. Around that time I spot a sign on a window announcing new winter hours which says they open at 7. I want to be fishing by 6:30 at the latest so off to Michigan City I go knowing of two baitshops there. I swing by one on hwy 12 near where I plan to fish and find that shop closed as well. So I head into town to where the largest baitshop in the area is located. I KNOW they will be open as they are the main supplier of bait and tackle in the area. It is 6:30 by now, and they too are closed. BUT, the sign says open at 7AM. Sooo, I wait and listen to sports radio untill 7AM. Still they are not open. 7:10 passes and still no one is there. At 7:30, they are still closed. Not a light on in the place. So now I am really pissed off and head back to the second baiitshop to try that one. Again, they are closed. Not on any of these bait shops is there any klind of sign saying they are closed for the holiday weekend.Totally frustrated I decide to pack it in for the day and head later in the morning to Gander Mountain to look at their depth finders of which I am in need of a new one. Whats a sportsman to do when the baitshops won't open at their designated times??? In retrospect, I should have taken a few baits to cast. But that wasn't my plan for the morning. Maybe I'll grab a rod and a couple bass baits and head for our local lake for a couple hours. Doubt I'll catch anything, but maybe I'll feel better.Wow, I'm feelin better already. LOL Have a great new years y'all.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-06, 11:52 AM   #2
BPACA
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Keithdog I wouldn't take that shizz...go in there and tell them when they open up some time how much trouble they put you through by not opening at the right times......I am not kidding it would piss me off too.
BPACA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-06, 03:32 PM   #3
skeeter944
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

that would make me pretty angry too.
skeeter944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-06, 06:53 PM   #4
lizardsrule
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Man if the water isn't frozen I know for a fact you can still catch bass, been there, done that. Yes it's slow, and many times you don't, but it's better than not going IMO. Sorry about your misfortune with the bait shops.

Lizards

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.