Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 07-24-08, 04:22 PM   #1
Fishnngolfn
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Father/daughter time fishing tonight

Tonight my daughter and I are going to hit the retention pond in our neighborhood. She has been begging mom all day today. I plan on setting her up with a small push button casting reel so she can experiment with a jig type lure. This way I don't have to cast the spinning reel for her. She told me she is going to catch a big one tonight so hopefully her attention span will be longer than 30 minutes. Pics to follow.
Fishnngolfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-08, 04:27 PM   #2
crankybait

Good luck, have fun, and props for taking your daughter fishing
Old 07-24-08, 05:22 PM   #3
Jim80

good luck F&G I let my boys fish with 2 ta 3 inch grubs rigged on a small hook that way they can catch sunnies and blue gills still . I'm sure you two will have a blast .
Old 07-24-08, 06:36 PM   #4
islandbass

Right on!! You're starting down a long road of memory building. Kudos for taking her fishing.
Old 07-24-08, 08:42 PM   #5
Fishnngolfn

Well, the attitude and mind of an 11 year old girl changes quickly. She decided right when I got home that I was mean and she didn't want to go. I still have no idea what I did since I was only home for about 5 minutes. I think she got mad at her mom earlier and is taking it out on me. Oh well. I am patient. Hopefully she will come around.
Fishnngolfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-08, 10:17 PM   #6
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishnngolfn View Post
Tonight my daughter and I are going to hit the retention pond in our neighborhood. She has been begging mom all day today. I plan on setting her up with a small push button casting reel so she can experiment with a jig type lure. This way I don't have to cast the spinning reel for her. She told me she is going to catch a big one tonight so hopefully her attention span will be longer than 30 minutes. Pics to follow.
Exactly what I'm planning on doing with my little cousin. I put that little zebco 202 on my BPS Pro qualifier to take to my sister's boyfriend's uncle's pond to fish weightless worms and plastic with, and for bobber fishing and such, it's fine, but It casts to far and line hangs up. Oh well, it's not meant to serious bass fishing. I guess I'll have to put braid on my spinning reel.

It is great that you're taking... er... trying to take her fishing. As she gets more interested in it, her attention span will grow. My little cousins attention span just about double after he landed his first 25" channel cat out of my pond. Now he's got three of them under his belt.

BB

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.