Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 10-12-08, 07:06 PM   #1
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Some Slow Fishing today

All weekend the lake is slow, no walleyes or bass being taken. With 84 degree temps at day all the pleasure boats were out today.
Denny went north to little Eli and also hit Templeton creek today off of brookville.
No bites and everyone we talked to had goose eggs..
Any one else having blue bird skies and no bites?
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-08, 07:14 PM   #2
Wags
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via AIM to Wags Send a message via Yahoo to Wags

JB...Ken (kennsandy) and I fished in a hawg hunt tourney on two different lakes in mid-michigan area today. Format was 3 hours on each lake, keep largest on each lake and total 2 fish for the big prize. It was tough for everyone, Ken caught a decent 15 1/2 incher on the first lake and a few shorties on the second lake, while my main purpose for the tourney was to balance out the boat I guess......It was a beautiful day here as well, just REALLLLLLLLLLLy slow. Still nice to get out on a nice day, soon enough, things will be getting ugly around here.
Wags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-08, 07:41 PM   #3
woody
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Hey JB, That's the same thing my daughter and me experienced last Tuesday on Brookville, we did notice a really healthy lookin smallmouth about five feet off the bank near the roadbeds of Fairfield. We could'nt get her to bite though, at least we did see fish.
Lookin forward to fishin with ya Wednesday did Denny say he could make it?
Sure hoping the bite picks up!
Maybe we need to be throwing something a little different than the usual?
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-08, 07:56 PM   #4
zooker

tourny today was tough but the fish were biting.. my pattern inside da pattern was shaded docks in 4-8 feet of water.. wind was 15-20 gusting to 45.it was REAL fun-not!- busted 7 spinnerbaits caught 16 bass 1 slimy motha of a catfish and back lashed 6 reels-BAD- 9 of the 16 were on spinnerbaits the rest cranks..

weighed in only two keepers for a 3.43 total pounds and drove a 2/0 lucky craft treble thru my thumb -oh the joy-unhooking that slimy catfish..

my cast started out accurate then the wind kind made it go where ever it wanted too.. wasted some time getting the line off docks..

winning weight was 8.73 three fish..

zooker
Old 10-12-08, 08:16 PM   #5
JB

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody View Post
Hey JB, That's the same thing my daughter and me experienced last Tuesday on Brookville, we did notice a really healthy lookin smallmouth about five feet off the bank near the roadbeds of Fairfield. We could'nt get her to bite though, at least we did see fish.
Lookin forward to fishin with ya Wednesday did Denny say he could make it?
Sure hoping the bite picks up!
Maybe we need to be throwing something a little different than the usual?
Hey woody!
yuuup dennys in! we gotta figure out where those fish are!...most are hitting the rogue
Old 10-12-08, 08:50 PM   #6
woody

I also fished along the south bank of Garr Hill, luring with tenn. shad, x-rap, blade, even jigs and tubes, nothin was happenin. Does look like we've got alot of good fishin left to do this year.
I'm headin out to Summit Lake tomorrow, gonna fish the points and creeks and all the good looking shade, I'll be lookin for the shad. Probably be at north ramp about 7:30am
Old 10-12-08, 11:27 PM   #7
Rebbasser

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooker View Post
back lashed 6 reels-BAD-
zooker
And that, boys and girls, is why many of us take a bunch of rods and reels with us-SPARES!
Old 10-13-08, 11:23 AM   #8
jmartin
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I went Saturday, just to hot to bowhunt. Nothing not even a bite. Water temp. 65 fished flats (four feet) tried everything in my box! What am I doing wrong? I never have luck catching cold water bass.

Jerry
Old 10-13-08, 06:04 PM   #9
zooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebbasser View Post
And that, boys and girls, is why many of us take a bunch of rods and reels with us-SPARES!
that is so true..

ever see a 5500 abu with a backlash the size of a basket ball. took two hours of choppin mono just to free it up...

zooker
Old 10-13-08, 07:11 PM   #10
keithdog

Been there, done that zooker! UGH!!! Hey JB, I don't know if this will help you down around Brookville, but up here in the north west corner of the state I've been having my best success with a Beaver bait riiger T Style weighted with a 3/8oz. tungsten bullet sinker. I've been pitching it around and right through weedbeds in 8-14 foot depths. The spinnerbait is taking a few but the Beaver worked right in the weediest cover is my best approach around here right now. Not having much luck at all in water less that 6 foot deep.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-08, 09:18 AM   #11
JB

thanks Keith!

I'm going to try that , a couple of weeks ago a bass club weigh in at Hanna had a lot of fish that were caught on the beaver..may have to slow down and pitch the wood tomorrow with the woodstier lol (woody)
Old 10-14-08, 06:42 PM   #12
woody

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post

may have to slow down and pitch the wood tomorrow with the woodstier lol (woody)

I'm all for that!

With a chance of catching a Bigg'n, I don't mind slowin down.

Last edited by woody; 10-14-08 at 06:48 PM.
Old 10-15-08, 10:32 PM   #13
bamabassman

well ya'll are truly making me feel either LUCKY or GOOD, HAHAHAHA.. we have been catching some good and some dinks pretty consistenct. of course we had 3 good keepers go the other night. but we have been catching fish. mostly on rattle traps and spinners. nuthing on anything else seems to work right now. and the bite has seemed best with a little wind. and i hate wind,lmao. backlashes?? zooker. i too have done that alot in the wind around here. not a baseball size, but enough make me haveta change out the line cause it has gotten so kinked.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-08, 02:08 PM   #14
jcw1503
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

I will give a thought out there.....I went fishing last weekend and it was slow not really anything then i got the earge to try something i heard about on a fishing show a little while back.....so the suns shinning through a little so ofcourse spinners are not going to work that great, however. we were out there for 3 hours and no bites......so i put on a mini spinner bait and bam 4 straight hits.....i am def. going to try it again this weekend...what you guys think about mini spinnerbaits...it was funny when i pulled it out everyone laughed at me saying that want catch anything...but lets just say it was a shut out....7 to one and all of them were at least a pound and a half and more..... what are yall thoughts on minis?
jcw1503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-08, 02:09 PM   #15
jcw1503
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

and that one was a baby that was caught brim fishing, so thats why it was a shutout
jcw1503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-08, 03:40 PM   #16
Lilmoosecountry

I did quite well JB. I took 7 bass released 2 lil dinks. Bass holding very tight to structure. If you casted in open water there was no bite to be found. But when i threw the T-Rig tight to downed tree's & docks. Then I got hit. This comming Saturday will force me to jerk bait fish if i want a bite. Exspecting some temps in 38 to mid 40's.
Old 10-16-08, 06:19 PM   #17
JB

Jerkbaits are what we are getting most hits, the other day we threw the jig and spinnerbait, jerkbait and chatterbait.
Things are picking up and that 72 degree water temp is going to fall fast with upper 30s for lows at night for the next weeks and highs in mid 50's sometimes maybe 60....my game plan is to stay on top of them every 4-7 days go back to the lake and follow the massive shad migration looking for
bass busting them, its so much fun to see them feed all near the boat and then chuck some lure over to the splash and hope they hit again..
sometimes they do

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.