Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-08-11, 12:29 AM   #1
pro reel
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default was I a butt?

I don't know if this was the right thing to do or not, what do you think? Here is the deal. Charlene and i went to Denny's for supper tonight. The waitress was nice and took our order in a timely manor. Charlene got a turkey sadwich with fries. I was in the mood for breakfast and was hungry, so I got the lumberjack slam. The waitress brought our drinks and then in about the right amount of time she came back with our meal. She set our food down and basically dashed off. I looked at my plates and thought , what the hell. My pancakes were very dark with crispy edges. My toast needed to be scraped to remove the almost burnt, slightly black areas. My sausage was black. The bacon was extra crispy wih some black areas. The ham was good. The hashbrowns and eggs were also good. Charlenes food was perfect and she said her sandwich tasted great. She commented that My food looked a little burnt. We were in a hurry as we had just gotten to KC and wanted to get to the hospital before visiting hours were up, so I didn't try to call the waitress back. I ate the eggs, hashbrowns, ham, and even the slightly too crispy bacon. I tried the sausage, but it was just to burnt. I picked the least burnt peice of toast and ate one half of that. Then I tried one fork of the pancakes out of the middle but even that had a nasty burnt taste. Now, in this entire 20 minutes or so the waitress never came back. When she finaly did come by, I had moved my plate to the side and Charlene had finished her meal. The waitress saw then that I had only took a bite from the middle of the cakes and left the toast turned burnt side up now. She asked if i was done with that or if I would now prefer she brought me something different. I said no, now that i tried to eat the burnt food, I had a burnt food taste in my mouth and was done. She left and came back with our ticket, laid it down and waked off. I picked it up and it was full price for both meals. Charlene saw the look in my eye and said, you are going to make a fuss aren't you. I said absolutly, so she asked for the keys so she could wait outside. I calmly went to the counter and handed the lady my ticket. She asked how the food was. I said it was horible and i said that kind of loud. My waitress was evidently waiting to see if i would say something and she steped around and told the lady that my food was overcooked. The lady apologized and and said she would discount mine. I was willing to pay a reduced price for the part that I ate, but i felt that it should have been free. She rang it up and basically took 4 bucks off so mine was half price. She then had the nerve to ask if i wanted to add a tip for the waitress. Thats when i laughed and said i didn't think so because that burnt food should never have been brought to my table in the first place. She apologized again and handed me my reciept and I left. So, did the waitress deserve a tip? Would you have made more or less of a scene than i did? Should i have risked the extra time and just demanded a complete new meal right off the bat? My theory when you do that is what if the cook spits in your food because he is mad at ya.
pro reel is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.