Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-10, 08:40 PM   #1
gonefishin3
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default new combo?? hmm

Well ive fallen in love with the new castaway skeleton series rods and im thinkin one of them rods and a new abu might be nice for my next tournament in two weeks. Does anyone know the difference between the fuigi and the titanium rods becides the 100 bucks ? thanks
gonefishin3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-10, 10:51 PM   #2
florida fisher

I don't know much about them but I do know that they both have the same number of guides (the titanium has stronger more resistant guides though) they both have a split grip design making them light and easy to hold they both have the super exposed reel seat so they both are pretty sensitive and from what I can tell the fuji is more technique specific then the titanium and you get more of a length selection with the fuji the titanium is a little bit stronger with a bit more back bone but not to much so overall I would go for the fuji in my opinion some slight upgrades aren't worth $100 but I'd do some more research and see which one fits you better and once you find which reel you'll be getting will help you decide also what type of technique you'll be fishing with (jigs, spinners, cranks...ect), hope this has helped.
Old 09-07-10, 09:01 AM   #3
gonefishin3

Thanks lots of help ! I told ya what type of reel its the sx I think

Here's my next question I want to spend 170 bucks or less on a reel I like the abu's because there all metal I love the feel of them is there any other reels you guys think I shuld look at ?
Old 09-07-10, 09:14 AM   #4
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

There has to be more of a difference between the Fuji (probably with Alconite guides) and the Titanium with SiC guides. The Titanium is probably made a different blank. It may be lighter or more sensitive.

What technique do you plan on using the new combo for?

As for a reel, TackleWarehouse still has the Daiwa Viento on sale for $110 (save $90). I've got one and love mine. I'd order another if I really needed another reel.

BB
Old 09-07-10, 09:27 AM   #5
gonefishin3

Prolly worming lol let's see I have a curado on a xmlti from cabelas a old abu on an xmlti a pfluger (I think) on a shamano rod for like crankbaits and such then I have a old shamano cronarch on a cabelas im8 rod.

I mostly worm because I never have luck doing anything else.. topwater or spinners yuch I use jigs sometimes.. and cranks sometimes.

State tourny is comeing up so I'm. Loseing time in the morning when fish are active most of my fish are comeing in the 8- 1130ish time.But that's a different subject so I think ill use this rod as a worm but I want to be able to do a little more things with it
Old 09-07-10, 09:51 AM   #6
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

My Viento is my worm/senko reel, and it works great for that. I can cast worms with a 1/16-1/8oz weight all the way up to 7" Senkos, which weigh nearly an ounce.

I'd take a look at it, especially at the sale price.

BB

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.