Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-08, 09:45 AM   #1
Fishnngolfn
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Weekend report

I couldn't wait until Saturday to go fishing so the wife gave me permission to go out around 6 pm on Friday for around an hour. I caught #100 for the year and that was it. But it was one of the bigger ones in our retention ponds. The guy put up a heck of a fight. He weighed 1lb 10oz.

Saturday at the pond/lake that I asked your advice about produced nadda. Not one single bite. I threw torpedoes, a jitterbug, worms, flukes, lizards, zellamanders, crankbaits, and I even tried a jig for the first time. Nothing from 6am to 9 am. I decided then to load the boat back up and hit the neighborhood retention pond on the way home. I caught 2 after about 15 minutes in the neighborhood (1# and 1.5#). The wife then called and I headed home to start my weekend chores.

Sunday evening came rolling around and I decided to hit the neighborhood pond once again (6:30pm to 8pm). One of the neighbors came out to watch but after I landed 3 fish (1.25#, 1#, and 1.5#) in 45 minutes, he went to get his rod. I ended up catching 2 more (1.25# each), while my neighbor blanked. He even lost his newly acquired roostertail. Sunday was interesting because I decided to use a Zoom 4.5" Bullnose finesse worm on a 3/0 EWG gammy. I purchased this bag of worms about 3 years ago and never really fished them. The bag states that bass love them. Well, they must because 3 of the fish were close to being gut hooked and the other 2 hit the bait really hard. I also had around 4 misses. I was able to remove all the hooks (with some help) and the fish swam away happy. We called it quits after the mosquitoes came out and decided we were going to be their main course for the evening. We saw lots of big splashes and swells on the far bank that we can't reach from the side we were fishing from. I plan on using the boat to get closer next weekend.

Even though I didn't catch a fish over 2# this weekend, it still was a fun because the bass in our rention ponds are getting bigger, and I don't seem to have trouble catching them.

Friday night..................Saturday morning..........Sunday evening............Sunday's big fish of the day

Finesse bullfrog worm

Last edited by Fishnngolfn; 08-18-08 at 10:54 AM.
Fishnngolfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-08, 10:49 AM   #2
Jim80
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

sounds like a good weekend man .
Old 08-18-08, 10:56 PM   #3
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

way to go fishin!!!!!!!!!
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.