Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-09, 12:38 AM   #1
Bubba_Bruiser
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser
Default Not much to brag about...

...But I had a good time today. Me and a buddy met at the ramp at about 2:00 and set out from there at a local state lake. We started out fishing a point in the pads, but couldn't buy a strike. Then the rain moved in, still nothing. I managed to wipe the stripe off of my back with a dink on an Arkansas Shiner Bass Assassin as soon as the rain quit about 4:00. And got a few more hits and had a break off on the hook set. We then went scratch until about 7:00. I was throwing a junebug Yum Big Show and my buddy hung his Lunker Plucker swimbait. Right under the boat while he was freeing his bait, I felt a tick, tick. When I dropped the bait to give her a second to get the foot long in her mouth, and then drag got stripped off my reel before I could even set the hook. But I couldn't get the hook in her, oh well, good enough for some excitement. My buddy has been trying to convert me to these 10", 2 oz, swimbaits. I told him I would have to see one produce before Mattlures, Lunker Plunker or some one else got 50 bucks from me. I heard him grunt and I turned around to see the his line running across the lake and the drag smoking off his Calcutta. We never got to see the fish, but once again, it made for some good excitement. I got a few more hits, but failed on the hookset on the Big Show. Anyways, it was a nice trip out. What kind of hooks do y'all use for the big worms? This was my first time using them. That son of a gun is tough on the head. I was using a 5/0 EWG. Do any of you know how I might get a better hook up ratio and should I wait a couple of moments on the hookset since it is such a big worm?
Old 09-12-09, 09:08 AM   #2
abu4600
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Man my luck aint been much better. I fished 9hrs. friday using a grn pumpkin ole monster i had a lot of hits but only landed 5 small ones. I use a 4/0 gammy skip gap hook or EWG.
abu4600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-09, 09:50 AM   #3
fishin spro
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

ive been using a 4/0 owner Wide Gap Plus for the big show worms. have had 2 bites and landed 2 fish.
Old 09-12-09, 03:31 PM   #4
Bubba_Bruiser
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

I know one thing. I threw his Lunker Plunker a few times. You need some daily gym time to throw that stuff all day long.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.