Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-09, 11:07 PM   #1
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Dink Frogging

I went fishing this morning on a tiny little pond a friend's grandfather owns. It is chock full of stunted little 10 inch bass. No matter, they were a blast. I threw my Bigfoot Scum Frog at them for hours. I only landed a couple of them, but got dozens of blowups, and had a great laugh with my buddy every time they hit.

After that, we walked about 40 yards over to his grandfather's other pond, which is full of 3" green sunfish, but has some big bass. I got nice and muddy climbing down the bank to lip a 5-1/2 lb'er for Mike, who has now finally outdone me this year for biggest bass. That's all part of the fun, the smack talking and whatnot.

What made it extra cool was since his little boy had been bad at home that morning, he brought his 13 year old daughter instead, and she was a trooper. Most girls would have been whining, but she walked around the lake on her own, did her own thing, and even managed to catch some little ones. I was really impressed. All in all a fun morning, despite not involving a boat.
Old 09-19-09, 11:44 PM   #2
woody
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Smack Talk, I'm sure there will be plenty of that at next weeks Patoka Get Together.

~Mark
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-09, 12:41 AM   #3
AUFred
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

The stunted bass pond I would have fished with an ultralight and had a blast. Glad you had fun
AUFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-09, 08:07 AM   #4
Jim80

AHHHHHH smack talk , we have a saying in our group of friends that if no one is making fun of you then no one is talking to ya . There is nothing like being able to spend time with people who's company you enjoy , sounds like ya had a blast man

Jim
Old 09-20-09, 09:55 AM   #5
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody View Post
Smack Talk, I'm sure there will be plenty of that at next weeks Patoka Get Together.

~Mark

uh huh, will the handsome visitors from the east have their way with the patoka bass, or will the natives have the last laugh? rofl
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-09, 03:16 PM   #6
aikenyounggun

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
That's all part of the fun, the smack talking and whatnot.

All in all a fun morning, despite not involving a boat.
yeah the smack talking it the best.... you have probably heard SBK and me on here... glad you had fun, any froggin is fun, haha

oh, and what, you didnt think you couldnt have fun beating the bank?? any type of fishin is fun.... glad you guys had fun haha

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.