Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 12-31-11, 01:40 PM   #1
G-Man
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Hydrowave

Anyone have anything to say good or bad about this product??
G-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-11, 01:48 PM   #2
kennethdaysale
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
Anyone have anything to say good or bad about this product??
G. I don't have any hands on experience with them but KVD and Kriet like them............wait........don't they own the co.? BTW done the Jackson trip yet?
Old 12-31-11, 03:19 PM   #3
G-Man

Jackson is 1-28-2012
Thx for asking
G-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-12, 10:07 AM   #4
mike234

I purchased one this summer from TW. Did not get a chance to try it until very hot weather. Took Grandson bluegill fishing with crickets as he had not been fishing in a while and I new bass fishing would be impossible at these air and water temps. Were fishing a straight bluff rock wall with tree bottom sticking straight up out of water. Water was if I remember correctly about 40' deep, I turned hydro wave on frenzied shad and the 30 second loop with only 4 bars of volume. I had really forgot it was on and a bass broke water some 20' from boat. In a few minutes there were more breaking and within 5 to 10 minutes there were 8-10 bass breaking water around us on one side toward middle of lake. I can not say with any certainty that this is what caused bass to break water but blue gill bite really picked up. The only other time I used it was bass fishing in early fall and by accident went down a bank 3 times(accident was grandson). On the 3rd pass we caught 3 LM bass over14". The bass on this lake has to be 14" to be legal. I really think it helped that time but that is only my opinon. Sorry but this is all the experience I have with it as have not gotten to fish much due to work load.
mike234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-12, 10:59 AM   #5
joedog

I don't have one but really have been kind of watching this deal from afar.
My input. I think alot of the tourny pros are using them on a regular basis, word on the street says so anyway. The reason we don't hear more from them on this product is due to fear of the publics reaction and sponsor reaction. (did the fish bite due to electronics as opposed to lure's or fishermen's effectiveness) KVD and Kriet, who are sole owners of the company, rarely talk about it and the street says, Kriet and KVD have one on 24/7 when fishing. Matter of fact, that angler who started the alabama rig craze had one running during the whole three days of the tournament. I think I saw a clip from that tourny and he mentions about changing the frequency on the Wave he was using.
I have yet to read or find much negative talk from owners and alot who swear by them. mike234 sounds like the norm as opposed to the exception.
As mike pointed out there are multiply frequencies that represent different baitfish actions along with how often and how loud these frequencies are transmitted.
I've heard of folks switching frequencies at a spot that died and the activitiy woke up again.
Your always going to have the 'is it fair' crowd to contend with.
Growing up I use to work summers 'set linning'. Never did I feel or say that I fished for a living. Checking and rebaiting of Set lines usually starts at daylight and after work we would then go FISHING. Maybe it's mind set I don't know.
Anyway I'm on the fence about my personal use of one but for like what, 2-3 hundred bucks (cost of a new pole) it may be worth checking out.
Old 01-02-12, 11:45 AM   #6
Tavery5

I don't have one, but when I had the chance to talk with Pro Mike McClelland, I asked him about the Hydrowave and if he used one. He told that he did, that he strongly believed in them and that he credited one of his tournament wins to the difference that the Hydrowave made in the fishing during that tournament.

As far as I know, he is not affiliated with Hydrowave and had no reason to hype the product.
Old 01-02-12, 12:18 PM   #7
lilmule

I think at one time several T orgs had restrictions on their use,but no more,yes most pros use them .Most dont however buy them.
It is getting so less and less actual input or talent needed to grab a big bag,sound of feeding fish multiple lures(A rig) which only a 3 rig is legal in about half the states they have been used or displayed in.
Personally hope dnr is watching utube vids and knocking on doors,Tn is a 3 rig state,part of gville is in tn small part but there none the less.Kent lake kentucky has a few miles up north the other 150 are in tn.
How much talent is needed,its not a how to get finiky fish to bite,but what $ of eq one has to dredge the lake with electronically and provide schools of baitfish to feed on.
None of which the normal success full pro has to actually pay for.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-12, 12:33 PM   #8
Tavery5

One thing that is for certain is change. As technology increases, things change, we as consumers have to make the choice of staying in the past or moving forward. To those who choose to stay behind, I say enjoy your 8-tracks, rotary dial phones, and wood burning stoves. Me personally, I am excited about what the future holds.
Old 01-02-12, 12:45 PM   #9
kennethdaysale

Part of me wishes we could just go back to the days when Andy and Opie were walking down to the pond whistling. I do believe that I will live to see the day when we will put on special glasses that will give us a 3-d view of everything under water with detail and clarity that none of us can concieve of right now......CAN"T WAIT!!!! not to mention things like remote wide angle HD quality cameras smaller than a split shot. etc
Old 01-02-12, 03:12 PM   #10
mike234

I have to agree with Tav 5. Same holds true for most professions. Engineering, law, and medicine for example. If you do not stay current you will be left behind. Of course it is indivduals own choice. I too long for the good old days but they are gone.
mike234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-12, 08:45 PM   #11
gonefishin3

They work in the CORRECT CONDITIONS.. example big flat.. schools of baitfish get them fired up... hydrowave helps.
gonefishin3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-12, 10:06 PM   #12
Tavery5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonefishin3 View Post
They work in the CORRECT CONDITIONS..

As do most items related to fishing

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.