Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-08, 06:22 PM   #1
3dkicker
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Potomac

Got out yesterday with one of the better fishermen in the club. Midweek tournaments are nice if you can take the day off. We ran to a creek that produced 18lbs for him the previous weekend. Caught one for 1.2lbs. He caught one smaller. No big fish. Tides were backwards so we run to another creek that he's caught quality limits all summer long. We get there and he's noticed that in two weeks a couple of his best laydowns are either turned or missing. Still we see quality fish everywhere, the water is clear and the grass has been pushed out. Too bad we can't catch any worth keeping. We move out to another area and start catching a mix of shorts and some keepers. It's tough fishing but we're on a few here and there. I finish the day with 4 keepers and he's got a limit that goes about 11.5lbs with one over 3.5lbs. Not the best day but it'll do.
We go to run the big motor and we've got nothing. He hooks up another battery. Nope. He runs three in parrallel and still nothing. We givie the TD a call. He runs up after weigh in and we hook up his battery. Nope. So we tow him across the river to his vehicle and drop him off. Now I'm with the TD and his fuel guage is reading E . Oh Crap! Now if my day was going to be really crappy you know what was going to happen on the run in. Fortunately we did have enough gas to get back to the ramp .

Only downside to the story is that we got the DQ on the finish instead of the needed points for the EOY trophies. Oh well, I guess I'll have to take another day off next month !

Sorry, no pics for this one.
Old 09-25-08, 01:03 PM   #2
Captmikestarrett

If no beep then it is a lockout from one of two places. Kill switch or shifter switch.

If you get a beep then it is a starter issue or solenoid issue.

Hot red wire to starter indicates a bad starter.. (no click) from solenoid and you got an issue with that..

Capt Mike
Old 09-25-08, 05:21 PM   #3
3dkicker

He's got some issue with the computer and if there isn't enough amps the motor will run but won't get up on plane. We had the motor running for a while but it wouldn't get up (seemed to me to be a personal issue). Finally we could only get the motor to turn over but not start.

Got word that a couple guys from GA found my grass bed and caught 40+ for 4 days straight including a bunch of 3.5 to 4.5 lbers. Hopefully they don't know anyone local and can keep it quiet for a while. Good thing is they didn't keep a fish!!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.