Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-08, 06:11 PM   #1
3dkicker
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Leftovers

Ok, T-day is over and now you've got leftovers. Check the fridge and what's the worst thing that was saved from yesterday that shouldn't have been....like the green bean casserole that noboby eats!!!
Old 11-28-08, 06:13 PM   #2
Jim80

Heck man I eat everything , we make leftover sandwiches , dump as much as you can between some bread add mayo and eat . Caps turkey day perfectly .

Jim
Old 11-28-08, 06:26 PM   #3
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I'm fasting today. Between 4 plates on Thursday and tailgatin tomorow, I'll put on a real 10 pounds from this.

But there is plenty of asparagus casserole left - and it is great stuff btw.
Old 11-28-08, 06:40 PM   #4
bamabassman

STILL eating turkey. hahaha. and i'll probably be eating HAM and TURKEY till after the first of the year. then i'll be wishing i had saved some fish,rotfl.

wtl.....ASPARAGUS? you GOTTA be kidding me pal. look... i told myself that when i got old enough to NOT eat the things i HAD to eat as a kid, i WOULD NEVER EAT IT AGAIN. hahahaha, and that covers just about everything that is green,hahahaha. meat, taters and bread. plain ol FOOD fer me now. yea,yea...if you folks like it, eat it. just not for me gang. i never eat a casserole of ANY kind. just my opion, but, a casserole is what i call a lazy meal. throw it all in a dish and serve. but if you like it, by all means go ahead. just not my kind of meal.

i hope that everyone had a great holiday too. i am having a great time just relaxing and watching games. going to hunt my pop's 41 acres sunday after the IRON BOWL (wtl, i'll be looking for you on the tube pal). he has an 8 and 12 point and we're gonna try to bag em. wish me luck!
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-08, 06:43 PM   #5
Jim80

Good luck hunting bama , my wife makes a killer sweet potato dish , luckily there was some left after the meal yesterday looking foward to finishing that off in a few minutes .

Jim
Old 11-28-08, 06:54 PM   #6
WTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post

wtl.....ASPARAGUS? you GOTTA be kidding me pal.
going to hunt my pop's 41 acres sunday after the IRON BOWL (wtl, i'll be looking for you on the tube pal). he has an 8 and 12 point and we're gonna try to bag em. wish me luck!

Yea I love asparagus. Its quite an acquired taste, its gotta be cooked so its real soft - lots of butter. Its great when done right.

You going hunting at night? (g) It will be dark by the time the game is over. I'm leaving at 4 in the morn for Ttown myself, then gonna head north to see Dad and maybe hit wilson lake.
Old 11-28-08, 10:24 PM   #7
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

No green bean casserole here, but thee big ole jars of green beans homegrown down in Alabama. Don't forget the cornbread dressing either! I love Southern food. And my mom gave away all the whipped potatoes! That's the last time we're having guests if they're taking home all my whipped taters.

Hmm... worst thing left over, probably the regular stuffing which I don't like to begin with that wasn't even cooked all the way and was kind of mushy.

BB

P.S. I agree with WTL, asparagus is good.
Old 11-28-08, 10:29 PM   #8
bamabassman

ssssshhhhhhhh wtl. hahahaha, got my spotlight ready. naw, kidding. staying the night with pops and gonna get up around 3 am sunday morning and hunt till around 3 pm. now that i am only 1 1/2 hours away, i can visit them more than when i was down in south bama (5 1/2 hrs). he sid that he had 1 12 point,1 8point, and 2 6 points along with several spikes. i am looking for either the 8 or 12 point. the others i'll let walk and grow till next year. and bb....ya love the mashed taters huh? well come down more often and we'll hook ya up buddy.
Old 11-28-08, 10:41 PM   #9
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

If I visited Alabama more often, I'd weigh 800lbs.

BB
Old 11-28-08, 10:44 PM   #10
WTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post
If I visited Alabama more often, I'd weigh 800lbs.

BB
It can be rough. Since I moved to Fairhope, I've gained about 20 pounds. I eat fried shrimp and soft shelled crabs almost daily.
Old 11-28-08, 11:45 PM   #11
woody

We had Thanksgiving Dinner here at home, there was a total of 6 of us enjoying each others company and a good meal. The green bean caserole was finished off Thursday, my Mom makes it and it tasted pretty darn good. LOL. One day later the stuffing is all gone, pumkin pie is history, rolls are all gone, only things left are a couple servings of mashed potatoes with gravy, very little cranberry relish, and the skeletal remains of the turkey. I am happy to say that we didn't have to many left-overs. My german shepard mix will probably finish off the turkey, bones and all. I hope everyone had an ejoyable Thanksgiving!
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-08, 11:51 PM   #12
cassidyta

I finished up the left over pizza this morning for breakfast it has become a thanksgiving tradition around here.
Old 11-28-08, 11:52 PM   #13
bamabassman

wtl, you been eating at the ORIGINAL OYSTER HOUSE? try the SHRIMP BASKET in gulf shores. and then there is also MIKEYS there too. oh yea just as you cross the bayway bridge ya gotta go to the NAUTILAS REST. try the BLACKENED any kind of fish or steak..... it is wonderful. and bb, you won't get that heavy pal. cause the summers will sweat it off of ya. remember it is VERY humid down there. more than where i am now. sometimes in the summer you can actually SEE the humidity. very heavy air.
hey woody....send dem smashed taters to bb,lmao.
Old 11-29-08, 12:02 AM   #14
woody

BB, you'll have to fight our dog for those taters. LOL that dog eats everything! LOL i'm not kiddin' either. LOL
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-08, 12:06 AM   #15
WTL

Havent heard of some of those -

I've been eating at Gambinos, Lamberts, Lulus, Big Daddy's, Captains Table, Wash House and Kravers.
Old 11-30-08, 07:26 PM   #16
bamabassman

good places wtl. look up the ones i posted. the original oyster house is ON the causeway. not far from captains table. on the other side though.
Old 12-03-08, 09:58 AM   #17
hookup
BassFishin.Com Member

My waistline is proof there's nothing my wife or I cook that's garbage in the frig.

Best leftovers was a deer hind quarter I cooked on the smoker. Mmmm.
hookup is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.