Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-11, 09:01 AM   #176
coachpurdy
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I,m really wanting to go but I just can't commit right now. Hopefully everything will work out if ya'll still have room
coachpurdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-11, 10:57 AM   #177
bassboogieman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Yo 'bama.............. LOVE the new aviar.
And I'd prefer a YOUNG hooker, please.

To the guys on the fence, things are flexible until the end of March. At that time I will be confirming the reservaitons and any unfilled cabins now on hold will be cancelled. We certainly want as many as possible, but after March you'll have to make your own arrangements, UNLESS we have a bed available in one of the confirmed cabins. Each cabin will have one of the guys responsible for that particualy cabin reservation. He and his cabin mates will be the ones to decide wether to take on additonal occupants in open beds or the sofa beds.

I've done what I can to match cabins to individuals with similiar lengths of stay and to their preferences and will continue to do so until the end of March. After that time, or after the available cabin space I have reservered is filled, any changes will have to be arranged with the individual cabin holders, or taking an availabe cabin directly through Joe Wheeler State Park.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-11, 02:47 PM   #178
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

just wanna bump this thread and see if anyone else is trying to make it. COME ON NOW!!! WE AIN'T GOT TOO MUCH LONGER. for real, the next 4 weeks are gonna fly by, then spring will be here and the fishing is ON!
Old 02-06-11, 04:29 PM   #179
bassboogieman

Maybe you could pin this at the top, at least until we get things finialized, or until after this monumental event comes to a close.
Old 02-10-11, 01:01 PM   #180
WTL

It appears at least possible now that I might have to be a non-boater. One of the ears on my outboard that holds the powerhead to the midsection has broken off. I am going to have to see if someone can weld it back on, or maybe just go with 5/6 bolts holding the powerhead which is liable to not work in the longterm.

I'm gonna try to get this fixed, still have lots of time, but I figure the possibility must be acknowledged that my outboard is on its way to the parting out phase.
Old 02-10-11, 03:39 PM   #181
nofearengineer

Well, the plan for now is my younger brother is going to fly in from Arizona and make the trip with me. However, that is always subject to falling through. If that happens, you're more than welcome to act as my guide, Billy. I might even let you fish some.

We'll see...I know you're pretty crafty. My bet is, you'll have her patched up in time.
Old 02-10-11, 06:00 PM   #182
bamabassman

you're a good man bryce, i don't care WHAT they say about you buddy. lol.
billy, i hope you get the ol spook repaired man. good luck pal.

we DO need to know just how many boats will be there versus how many non-boaters. that way we can pair up some folks.
Old 02-27-11, 10:53 AM   #183
bamabassman

time getting closer gang. still got room for more. and we can make room if needed. 2 1/2 months to go. ARE YOU READY?
Old 03-09-11, 11:20 AM   #184
bassboogieman

Posting to move this back towards the top. It's getting closer to decision time - anyone thinking of joining us should do it very soon. End of MARCH (just 3 weeks away) will be upon us before we know it and everyone will be out fishing and not paying attention to the deadline rapidly approaching. End of the Month I'll be FINALIZING the cabin reservations. THERE IS STILL ROOM available, but after the deadline falls anyone wishing to join us will have to make their own reservations for cabins - and the availability is going fast.
Old 03-09-11, 01:20 PM   #185
MississippiBoy

I'm glad you brought this back up, Bruce. It reminded me to ask a question.

Anthony, when are you and your dad planning on coming down? I'd originally thought I'd get there Friday afternoon/evening, but I've just about talked myself into taking two days off work and arriving on Thursday instead.
Old 03-09-11, 04:16 PM   #186
bassboogieman

Anthony & his dad, as of now, are scheduled to arrive the 18th and are staying 4 days.
Old 03-09-11, 06:58 PM   #187
bamabassman

TIMES IS A GETTING CLOSER GANG!!!!! i am TRYING my best to be a little more "modern" with the boat. COME ON NOW.........NEED MORE TO ATTEND!!!!
Old 03-10-11, 12:50 AM   #188
Justin2729
BassFishin.Com Active Member

wish i could come! got to many tournaments up here.
Justin2729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-11, 08:06 AM   #189
keithdog

UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woke up to find the ground covered with another blanket of snow and still falling....AGAIN! This trip to Wheeler Wilson in May is sounding better and better by the minute!!!
Old 03-10-11, 11:32 AM   #190
nofearengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithdog View Post
UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woke up to find the ground covered with another blanket of snow and still falling....AGAIN! This trip to Wheeler Wilson in May is sounding better and better by the minute!!!
Wow, Keith...at this rate, Wheeler is going to be your inaugural fishing trip for 2011. Darn that global warming!
Old 03-10-11, 07:27 PM   #191
keithdog

Tell me about it. But I did stop by the lake tonight after work and it's about 20% open water now. Hopefully in another week or two it will be all open
Old 05-10-11, 06:01 PM   #192
nofearengineer

BUMP!!!

Hey...what is the address for the cabins? I thought they had them on both sides of the lake, so I want to make sure I go to the correct side.
Old 05-10-11, 06:14 PM   #193
MississippiBoy

24921 Alabama Hwy 101
Town Creek, AL 35672

I believe that's the address of the cabin registration office. It's on the SOUTH side of the dam. Our cabins are to the east, along the shoreline.

GPS coordinates: 34.794673,-87.380732
Old 05-10-11, 06:16 PM   #194
bassboogieman

Cabins located @ 24921 Highway 101, Town Creek, AL 35672. Check in after 16:00 hrs. at cabin office, same address. After hours keys can be picked up @ key box across from cabin #7. I should be getting in around 17:00 hrs, if I have no travel issues. OUR cabin is #10, you have my cell #, right? Dang Daniel, beat me by 2 minutes.
Old 05-10-11, 07:19 PM   #195
nobass

here is the url for joe wheeler state park, also bps in nashville has maps of the lake[URL="www.alapark.com/joewheeler/direction"] if any of you want to stop at bps in nashville it is only birley parkway at opryland hotel. if you need my cell number for direction pm me
Old 05-15-11, 08:41 AM   #196
bamabassman

IT'S TIME GANG!!! IF ANYONE WANTS TO ATTEND, COME ON!!! BRUCE AND BRYCE SHOULD BE ON THEIR WAY. LISA, ME, ANTHONY AND HIS DAD WILL BE THERE WEDNESDAY. THE REST WILL BE THERE THRUSDAY. ANYONE ELSE WHO WANT TO ATTEND ARE MORE THAN WELCOME TO COME. BUT YOU'LL HAVE TO GET YOUR OWN SLEEPING QUARTERS.

FISH ON!!!! gonna be a great time folks.
Old 05-15-11, 11:30 PM   #197
keithdog

Got all my fishin gear together and ready to go. Wait till Don see's all the rods I have, haha. Don't worry Don, I'm not lugging them all into the boat pal. Got the camera gear ready too! I'd like to take a few group shots of all of us sometime after were all there. Went to target for a few other things, pretty much have everything ready to go otheer than packing up the clothes. Gonna run to Gander Mountain tomorrow just to see if the monkey can remind me of anything I "might need".
Old 05-16-11, 07:24 AM   #198
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Keith, we made a similar trip to BPS Friday... boy that was a mistake!

Unfortunately, TW never received the order I paid for and I called them on the way to BPS to find our why I hadn't received my order. They told me they never got it and that that happens once in a while with the computer servers and stuff. Anyways, it was a good thing I was going to BPS cause I needed some line that was in my TW order. I ended up getting Seaguar Red Label as I wasn't paying $27 for a spool of AbrasX

I've got my clothes almost all packed, doing my grocery shopping today, but more important that food and clothes, I had my fishing stuff ready yesterday. 3 tubes full of rods (and a couple loose rods as spinning rods don't fit well in the tubes), 1 tackle bag full of plastics, one full of lures, a padded handgun case full of casting reels and another reel box with spinning reels.

I'm also bringing a handful of my new custom jigs:

BB
Old 05-16-11, 06:37 PM   #199
nobass

S far as rod go my policy is i get to keep one out of every three. Boat riding tax lol. Man bring want you want i will get it on the boat even if i need to mount a ladder rack
Old 05-16-11, 06:44 PM   #200
keithdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobass View Post
S far as rod go my policy is i get to keep one out of every three. Boat riding tax lol. Man bring want you want i will get it on the boat even if i need to mount a ladder rack
HAHAHAHA ya know, a ladder rack might be a good idea.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.