Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-12, 12:39 AM   #1
bassfisher
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Making the monkey happy

Man has he gotten a hold on me here of late.

Just this week, I have bought one rod combo, two other rods and one reel, they are:

2-pc, Abu Garcia/Fenwick 7' spinning combo (new), for my trout, bluegill, and crapping fishing, but has caught many a bass, and cats on my other one I have. (Got it today)
1: St Croix Avid 7' MF spinning rod (new), bought it Tuesday should be here next week sometime.
1: St Croix Avid 7' MHF spinnng rod (1 year old), just now bought it, should be here in a few weeks.
1: Penn CV4000 Spinning reel, used 1 year early today, should be here next week.
Now I still have to buy another reel for one of the St Croix rods. Most likely from sportsman warehouse, a Penn fierce spinning reel I looked at last Sunday. Then I'll be finished for the year in that department, well most likely for life. That puts me at 8 total. Not counting 2 I'll be giving the wife.
It's only money, right??? Sure can't take it with ya!! hahaha

This hobby of ours can put ya in the "poor house" faster then you can say it!

Well time for bed, have another 12 hour shift, then I can go fishing for another 3 days, and spend more money on gas for the truck and boat. hahaha
bassfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-12, 10:07 AM   #2
lilmule
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Yeah monkey see monkey do,while I fish the monkey bites me more often for outboards as run high performance stuff,Boat bust out another thousand.
My 1990 xb 20002 allison looks like rode hard put away wet,needed new power so bought a hydrosport with a yammer 150 getting to old to switch out stuff in the yard and thats working out so well can use the sport,so just got or getting havnt gone an got it other end of state a 150 omc wont have to change wiring etc.But all motors in order to take advantage of the allison pad and speed are normally modified a tad,lwp etc.This isnt a ficht its a 94 in sheeps clothing ,solid mounts,etc,basic cnc outfit,stock with high compression pistons its an 80 mph 150 hp,one up 1/2 tank jet fuel etc.
Lighting 2 gear case which cant be seen in the pic,yes the monkey is expensive,some of us spend it on rods n reels(hey I bought a bp crankbait rod few weeks ago),and some of us to move a tad faster when out there.Boat not included but same model as I own.

After setup will put the alley in garage and do some cleanup work in order to look a tad better.
Yet not be denied fishing or boating due to the 17 1/2 ft hydrosport while doing it,may have a boat for sale later dunno hard to keep several up.

Last edited by lilmule; 03-10-12 at 10:17 AM.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-12, 11:25 AM   #3
bassfisher
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I hear ya about keeping several boats up. Momma won't use our other boat, (too big, she says, 94 Tracker Magna Deep V 17' DC w/115 mariner, my father gave us 7 years back), she wanted it gone, so it's gone.
bassfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-12, 09:43 PM   #4
kennethdaysale

Old 04-06-12, 11:01 PM   #5
Tavery5

My Monkey is not as pleasant as yours Ken.

Old 04-07-12, 10:36 AM   #6
bassboogieman

Tell me about it. My Friday receipt from Cabelas went over 4 figures and I can state truthfully, I did NOT enjoy that spending spree - it was one of necessity which until you have to do it, isn't near as much fun as just buying stuff you want. It's kinda comparable to getting married, as opposed to just having a great date with your girlfriend................ God I hope my wife doesn't read this..............
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-12, 11:54 AM   #7
bassinbob

Over 4 figures!! Jeeze I feel it when I spend just ove r100.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.