Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-06, 09:05 PM   #1
KenDammit
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default had a great day of fishing

Went out today with a buddy of mine to a farm pond his father-in-law owns. 75-80 degree temps, partly cloudy, 10-15 mph wind...pretty solid weather. Water had a nice bloom in it..good green color, low visibility though..with some moss pads around the edges..typical farm pond stuff. When we got there, we were immediately catching fish on a spinnerbait. Some were shorts, the rest were around 15-16 inches..probably caught about 20 of those. My friend(Matt) finally changed up and wacky rigged a little curl-tail worm that was nose weighted with a solder stick. First cast..boom...he's hooked up to a 4lb 2oz chunk. It was such a pretty fish...weighed and measured it..roughly 20 1/2 inches long. In all the excitement I had for him, I forgot that I had my camera with me and didn't get a picture of it *smacks forehead*

Taking into account all the shorts we were catching on the spinners, I decided to go froggin and started off with a black sizmic toad. Immediately started getting hits on that, no hooks ups, though...til finally I got another short as I was swimming it under water. Finally went to my trusty horny toad(this time watermelon/black flake) and drilled my biggest of the year so far....3lbs 3oz. and I DID get a picture of it. About three casts later, caught another 2lb 12 oz. in the exact same spot as the three. Weighed em both..so yes they were different fish :P. Both of the big ones were caught about 6 feet away from me right on the edge of a moss pad. The rest of the day was spent catching shorts and 15 inchers, nothing to write home about.

SO there it goes..got my first 3+ of the year....and it made a great day of fishing even better. Hopefully pics soon, if I can get my camera to upload pics to my computer.
KenDammit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-06, 09:18 PM   #2
pig n jig
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Ken, Dammit get those pictures posted. Glad you had a great day. P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-06, 09:22 PM   #3
KenDammit
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

the 3:

the 2 12:

and a 4lb catfish for good measure, caught by matt:

KenDammit is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.