Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-05, 09:10 PM   #1
Bendersbe16
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via AIM to Bendersbe16
Default fishing sucks these days

in the last 3 times ive been fishing, i have caught jack squat. i mean noteven a little one. idk if its the time iof year or what but i have been trying everyting from spinners, t rig, frogs, rat l traps, manns -1, and i cant get anything whats the deal?

What do u call a life dedacated to fishing?
I call it a life time well spent
Bendersbe16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-05, 09:24 PM   #2
454ss
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Have you tried any worms? What are your conditions? What color water? just a few of the many questions that may answer why.
454ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-05, 09:42 PM   #3
Bendersbe16

the lake is in MN and it is pretty murky/ greenish, very very weedy, and i have been trying brush hogs, worms and craws but still nothing.

Old 09-05-05, 09:46 PM   #4
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

theres been a big dome of high pressure of most of the midwest to the east,

the pressure effects the bass's bladder and they aren't as active
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-05, 09:50 PM   #5
Bendersbe16

oh but for like a month?

Old 09-05-05, 09:56 PM   #6
pig n jig
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Well fishing is still good here.I caught 17 bass yesterday and 11 today.I used a 1/2 oz.Berkley jig green pumpkin color with yum 2.75" green pumpkin chunk, and a Yamamoto senko dead sticked on the weedbeds.Today I boated a 6lber and (2) 3.5 lbers on the jig fished in 7 foot of water just a foot or so inside the weeds on the outside of the weedbed.The lures had to sit still for several seconds before the bass picked them up, I boated several pickerel on a topwater slimdog in the morning on both days, but no bass would come up and take it.P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-05, 10:20 PM   #7
Fishie

Yeah I got only 4 yesterday and 4 on Saturday because of all the pressure. I could get them to come up on a buzzbait still but they were hitting the back end only. I missed abtou 7 which is pretty bad.
Old 09-05-05, 10:53 PM   #8
basstech

Ya might also consider going for the re-action hit. Burnin' and stopping a crank bait. That kills them here in the late summer early fall when the water starts to cool back down from eighties into the seventies. I do well enough but not usually as well as Pig-n-jig has been. Never get skunked untill after the water get's hard though, at least not for the last three years.
Old 09-05-05, 11:55 PM   #9
KenDammit
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

don't feel bad...I've faced the same situation. 3 times now since Saturday and haven't caught a darn thing besides weeds. I don't even recall a bite at all. Thrown everything I could think of, but no luck. Hoping things warm back up toward this weekend and theres good fishing the rest of sept.
KenDammit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-05, 12:13 AM   #10
fishing fool
BassFishin.Com Member

well...i wont give away my favorite colors...but if u use these properly u should catch fish 9 out of 10 times(my record is more like 98/100 for the year): 1/16 jig, mepps minnow(comet), 7" worm texas rig, 1/8-3/8 spinner bait, 5' diving crankbait, or topwater of any kind(buzz/popper etc...)
fishing fool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-05, 09:05 AM   #11
flfireman

Sounds like your anger,disappointment, and over excitement about not catching fish is carrying over into your fishing. Slow down, relax. How long are you fishing for? Take dsome time move around, I fancast an area 20-40 times (depending on area) before I move or change baits. Fishing is meant to be fun and relaxing, not a stress builder.
Old 09-06-05, 09:25 AM   #12
dts
BassFishin.Com Member

I will go along with fishing sucks lately. I went fishing last night. I figured we have a typhoon on the way. (I live in Japan) I had a nice school swimming under me and I could see them with my light. I put every thing I could in the water. I only got one and that was just because I drag snagged on him. He wasnt even worth pulling on either.
dts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-05, 12:41 PM   #13
billyclyde
BassFishin.Com Member

The moon is coming around mid month...so we should be good again. Don't you guys agree?
billyclyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-05, 02:19 PM   #14
Bender

I went 5 times for a total of about 15 hours over the weekend. Only caught two fish with the biggest whopper at 13.5". I found a hot area for about 20 minutes in the middle of a lily pad bed using Zoom Horny Toads but of course on one I missed the hookset and two the bass missed the hook and took the legs off. I tried cranks, spooks, buzz, c-rig, spinners deep and shallow, finesse with small t-rig on edges, etc. At least I talked to several other people around here and nobody had any luck. Even my dad only caught a few smaller bass on his "stock tank" as you call it.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-05, 05:38 PM   #15
pig n jig

Don't let me mislead you, I did get skunked this year.Once was during a tournament on my home lake of all places.I caught a few 8-12 " fish that day , but did not catch a keeper fish.Sometimes the fish just don't bite, and sometimes you have got to know when to move or fish a different angle or a different lure in order to catch fish.I still believe that a bad day on the water is better than a good day at work, unless your Lizards, who couldn't possibly have a bad day at work. P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-05, 09:23 PM   #16
H2O

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig n jig
....Sometimes the fish just don't bite, and sometimes you have got to know when to move or fish a different angle or a different lure in order to catch fish.I still believe that a bad day on the water is better than a good day at work, unless your Lizards, who couldn't possibly have a bad day at work. P N J
Exactly! That's why we call the thing we use to try to catch fish LURE. we just can not force fish to bite!

Bad day or slow day is a part of fun of fishing.
H2O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-05, 05:41 PM   #17
basstech

Don't believe in bad days. Also don't believe in fish not biting. I do believe fishing is tougher at sometimes than others...but they will always bite. It's just a matter of figuring out what it's going to take to get them to bite.
BTW, earlier when I said I don't get skunked except when the water is hard...I didn't mean that I always catch keepers everytime I got out. I've had days several years ago when I litteraly did not catch anything. That to me is getting skunked. If I catch an 8" bass, it counts as being caught. Maybe my standards are too low. But I do ussually catch at least one keeper but I also spend a minimum of 3 hours fishing.
Old 09-08-05, 01:05 PM   #18
bassFishinMover

i would buy a spinnerbait either in black or chartreuse (or both) with a huge, single colorado blade. that will be sufficient to tackle the murkiest of lakes. mark my words.
Old 09-08-05, 01:18 PM   #19
Dyas

Send a message via AIM to Dyas

Thats why they call it fsihing and not catching........................... A whiz bang should work for sure. Last time I used the whiz bang I caught 36 bass in 2 days............ If you can get your hands on one use it
Old 09-09-05, 02:05 AM   #20
bassFishinMover

a whiz bang? whats that?
Old 09-09-05, 06:29 AM   #21
1FASTLASER

Basstech

Excellant reply bud.
1FASTLASER is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.