Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-06, 01:33 PM   #1
bassnman30
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Angry new depth finder vs. old depth finder

Had a Humminbird 595c that had a crack in the screen, which happened a couple weeks back. (I posted this story)
I sent it in and they sent me a new depth finder. This one is worst than the first one.At 25 mph it shows the water being 678 or so feet deep while Im in 25'. The screen goes "hay wire" as well. Sometimes wish that I would have kept the one with the cracked screen.
In any event, I sent this one in. Perhaps they will send me a "good" one this time.
Note: Humminbird haters, I don't need for you to comment, I hear enough as it is !
Old 05-23-06, 06:53 AM   #2
1FASTLASER

Bassman it sounds like its the transducer buddy not the unit itself. What it appears to be happening is that you are getting some turbulence or interference of some type that is screwing up the signal. Even though its the same type as the old one they do make small changes on the units that the public is not aware of and therefore you have to be more careful with the installation. Check to see if something maybe throwing bubbles past your transducer or see if the transducer cable is laying close to another device that can cause interference. On my Lowrance units when I installed them everything was fine sitting on the trailer but when I started to hammer down the lake AND running the airators at the same time I got interference that produced the same result. Put the power cable straight to the battery and kept it seperate from the rest of the wires running through the boat and she is doing just fine. Electronics can be tricky at times.
Old 05-24-06, 01:08 PM   #3
bassnman30

1FASTLASER,
The transducer is in the hull.
Front depth finder works fine when put on the console. The one that got shipped back had a severe problem, they told me at the Humminbird dealership that sometimes they get units that are bad from the start. Will have a new one in within 10 days.
The insulation is simple, just click the new one where the old one was sitting, no replacement of bases. (All are the same with Humminbird). Granted a new wire had to be installed, but that was from the antenna to the unit, and it was just for water temp.

Last edited by bassnman30; 05-24-06 at 01:15 PM.
bassnman30 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.