Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk

Old 08-18-08, 05:34 PM   #1
Fishnngolfn
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Funny metaphors

I have to admit that I laughed out loud at a lot of these.

http://help.com/post/124066-funny-me...in-high-school
Quote:

Funny metaphors used in high school essays

Just in case you need some writing inspiration. Every year, English teachers from across the USA can submit their collections of actual analogies and metaphors found in high school essays. These excerpts are published each year to the amusement of teachers across the country. Here are last year’s winners:

1. Her face was a perfect oval, like a circle that had its two sides gently compressed by a Thigh Master.

2. His thoughts tumbled in his head, making and breaking alliances like underpants in a dryer without Cling Free.

3. He spoke with the wisdom that can only come from experience, like a guy who went blind because he looked at a solar eclipse without one of those boxes with a pinhole in it and now goes around the country speaking at high schools about the dangers of looking at a solar eclipse without one of those boxes with a pinhole in it.

4. She grew on him like she was a colony of E. coli, and he was room temperature Canadian beef.

5. She had a deep, throaty, genuine laugh, like that sound a dog makes just before it throws up.

6. Her vocabulary was as bad as, like, whatever.

7. He was as tall as a six-foot, three-inch tree.

8. The revelation that his marriage of 30 years had disintegrated because of his wife’s infidelity came as a rude shock, like a surcharge at a formerly surcharge-free ATM machine.

9. The little boat gently drifted across the pond exactly the way a bowling ball wouldn’t.

10. McBride fell 12 stories, hitting the pavement like a Hefty bag filled with vegetable soup.

11. From the attic came an unearthly howl. The whole scene had an eerie, surreal quality, like when you’re on vacation in another
city and Jeopardy comes on at 7:00 p.m. instead of 7:30

12. Her hair glistened in the rain like a nose hair after a sneeze.

13. The hailstones leaped from the pavement, just like maggots when you fry them in hot grease.

14. Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left Cleveland at 6:36 p.m. traveling at 55 mph, the other from Topeka at 4:19 p.m. at a speed of 35 mph.

15. They lived in a typical suburban neighborhood with picket fences that resembled Nancy Kerrigan’s teeth.

16. John and Mary had never met. They were like two hummingbirds who had also never met.

17. He fell for her like his heart was a mob informant, and she was the East River.

18. Even in his last years, Granddad had a mind like a steel trap, only one that had been left out so long, it had rusted shut.

19. Shots rang out, as shots are wont to do.

20. The plan was simple, like my brother-in-law Phil. But unlike Phil, this plan just might work.

21. The young fighter had a hungry look, the kind you get from not eating for a while.

22. He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck, either, but a real duck that was actually lame, maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

23. The ballerina rose gracefully en Pointe and extended one slender leg behind her, like a dog at a fire hydrant.

24. It was an American tradition, like fathers chasing kids around with power tools.

25. He was deeply in love. When she spoke, he thought he heard bells, as if she were a garbage truck backing up.
Fishnngolfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-08, 05:50 PM   #2
robertmee
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:
The plan was simple, like my brother-in-law Phil. But unlike Phil, this plan just might work
Okay, I admit I laughed out loud at this one.
robertmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-08, 06:50 PM   #3
crankybait

I'm reading this in the lab actually laughing out loud, and people are staring at me but I can't stop laughing
Old 08-18-08, 08:07 PM   #4
Marty

Funny stuff.

Quote:
13. The hailstones leaped from the pavement, just like maggots when you fry them in hot grease.
I can't say that my cooking experience includes this delectable-sounding dish.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Rochester, NY
Marty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-08, 08:50 PM   #5
Bo Dale James Jr.
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

The genius only a teenagers' mind would exploit: Kinda like when you take too many condiments, from a fast food restaurant, to shoot at peoples cars through a slingshot.
Old 08-18-08, 10:19 PM   #6
CMorg

14 and 15 got me , two in row. Those are funny.
CMorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-08, 05:01 PM   #7
Jim80

Good stuff F&g
Old 08-19-08, 08:01 PM   #8
Sluggo Man
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Some of those are good, my favorites are 23 and 24.
Sluggo Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-08, 11:16 AM   #9
Buckeyefishing
BassFishin.Com Member

It is sometimes true that "Laughter is the best medicine."
Thanks!
Buckeyefishing is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.