Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-09, 10:48 PM   #1
Bubba_Bruiser
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser
Default Got to make another...

trip today. We fished about a 5 acre pond this morning and had some pretty good luck. We got on the water about 6 and fished until 9 and ended up with 30. The biggest might have been about 1.5#. We started the morning, my buddy a Tiny Torpedo G-flake (Looks like a rainbow trout color) and me a chug bug in a frog pattern. I couldn't buy a hit while I was moving the bug, but when I would stop for a few seconds, they would pounce on it. While my buddy was getting hits with a rip and twitch. We continued to fish on the top until it tapered off until about 7:30 and we went to the bottom with 7" Culprits (F & I), 4" Curly tail worms, and I fished a Strike King creature for a little while. We had a good laugh though. I was "sculling" with the paddle from the front and talking to my buddy and he set the hook. I heard the weight slap the side of the boat and about 5 or 6 seconds later I see a fish slap the water about 30' behind my buddy. I told him he needed to work on his art of swinging fish in the boat. There isn't no telling how high that fish flew as long as it took it to come down. And a few minutes later, I hooked one on the SK creature and had to duck because I slung it over the boat. Well, I switched to a double colorado with a white skirt about 8:15 because of the mud stain to the water. I starting tearing them up and finished out the trip with it. I wished I would have tried it a little earlier, but oh well. We still had a blast and got to spend some time on the water.
Old 06-05-09, 01:23 AM   #2
Bubba_Bruiser

A pic from the dinkfest the other day:
Old 06-05-09, 06:35 AM   #3
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Your state allows thirty bass to be harvested a day?
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-09, 08:26 AM   #4
Bassboss

wow! That's a lot of bass! Congrats, but why'd you keep them all?

I think fl only allows 5 per person per day, 14" - 22", and you can keep only one over 22".
Old 06-05-09, 08:32 AM   #5
Bubba_Bruiser

No limits on private waters JB. We are one of few that fish this pond and the land owner calls for fish to be kept under 3lbs and released over unless mounting the fish. From the quality of the fish we are catching compared to what we used to catch, a fish fry is needed out of the place. Probably 7 or 8 years ago, we were catching consistant fish between the 3-7 lbers. But since Katrina the hurricane, no one has wanted to go back to the place due to overgrowth so the fish are not being harvested like they used to be.
Old 06-05-09, 08:39 AM   #6
Bassboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba_Bruiser View Post
No limits on private waters JB. We are one of few that fish this pond and the land owner calls for fish to be kept under 3lbs and released over unless mounting the fish. From the quality of the fish we are catching compared to what we used to catch, a fish fry is needed out of the place. Probably 7 or 8 years ago, we were catching consistant fish between the 3-7 lbers. But since Katrina the hurricane, no one has wanted to go back to the place due to overgrowth so the fish are not being harvested like they used to be.
Oh! Ok, then good job bubba!

I hate it when lakes get over populated!
Old 06-05-09, 08:53 AM   #7
MallenManson

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

Looks like a great day on the water
Old 06-05-09, 10:23 AM   #8
nofearengineer

Sounds like that owner is tryin to grow some HAWGS, culling everything under 3 lbs. When I see pictures like that, I expect to see Crappie, Brook Trout, or something like that. I did a double take when I saw it was bass.
Old 06-05-09, 02:43 PM   #9
wareagledc
BassFishin.Com Active Member

i fished at a place like this once. the owner would come out and fish with you, and it was great to have him, but he would want you to keep all smaller bass and take them with you. after catching my 5 i told him i had to go. i just couldn't bring myself to keeping that many knowing i would not eat them. 5 fish is enough for me for a while since my family don't eat fish just me. don't get me wrong not knocking you for doing it. i understand what he is doing. you have to get some of the fish out or they will take over and stunt their growth.
wareagledc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-09, 04:29 PM   #10
Jim80

thats a good day out man .

jim
Old 06-05-09, 10:20 PM   #11
bamabassman

dang it bubba!!! how do i get there? hahahahaha, yes i DO EAT BASS. and those are the tastiest ones right there man. nice little fillets and a private pond owner that KNOWS what he is doing too. harvest the smaller ones so's the bigguns get BIGGER! great day ifn ya ask me pal.
Old 06-05-09, 11:05 PM   #12
Bubba_Bruiser

When you get on HWY 98, go to the little church on the hill and turn left, go about a mile. I will be sitting on my porch waiting. What sucks Bama, is that I can only go with one person to this pond. It is a gem in the middle of the forrest. But if I fished it as much as I liked, I would probably hurt it more than do good. If I did have access though, I would load it up with some minnows every other month or so.
Old 06-07-09, 07:50 AM   #13
Cavs1123

thats awesome
Cavs1123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.