Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk

Old 06-09-09, 04:48 PM   #1
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Nice jig bass!

All right, so you guys remember the pic of the small bass I caught on a jig that I post a while back right, and I'm sure you also remember all the, help me with jigs threads I've made, and what not!

Well, all that help finally payed off! Here's the story:

Ok, so I rode my bike to the pond today, it's got mostly dinks but, I've not been fishing in a while! So after I fashioned a rod holder onto my bike for my bait caster, I took off with a back pack full of lures, including a black/blue boohya boo jig and some speed craws, I also collapsed my spinning rod and put it in there too (it's a clear pond, so I though I was gonna be finesse fishing most of the time). When I got to the pond it was pretty murky because of all the rain we've had in the last month, so I just started off with my bait caster using t-rigged lizards, I got a few hits on thoughts, but I didn't land them. Since that was not working I put on a rapala lipless crank, not hits on that either! After using that, than I put on a jig with a speed craw (jun bug color) and started using that. After a few casts I got a little bass, not worth a pic though, so I tossed him back (and pulse, when I changed lures I put my back pack down - which had my camera in it - and it was sitting under a tree 20 yards away, and I didn't wanna keep that bass out of the water that long). On the next cast, I felt a slight bumb, I set the hook into what I thought was a log - then it started moving, and logs don't move - when it got close to where I could see it, it spat out some craw fish, no wonder it hit my jig! I got it close to shore and lipped it! A nice 20 incher with a big belly! The bass had a gold hook way back in it's mouth, so after getting my jig out (witch was a pain in the *** that took 3 minutes) I got the gold hook out that didn't take that long, but it had been out of the water WAY to long, and it was starting to get dry, so rather than getting a pic and risk killing a big girl (and that pond has very few big bass) I revived her and let her go! And that, was first big bass on a jig! I see many more big 'uns in the future to be caught on jig, and hopefully a PB!

Well there's my story, I think I did the right thing my letter her go with out pics after keeping her out of the water for so long! Moral of the story, keep the camera in my pocket!

Last edited by Bassboss; 06-09-09 at 07:04 PM.
Bassboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-09, 10:39 PM   #2
brushhog
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Nicely done, any bass on a jig is a good one... It is by far my worst presentation.
Old 06-09-09, 10:49 PM   #3
bamabassman

congrats pal. and you did do the right thing if it is what you wanted. very nicely done bud. now........go get another, hahahahaha.
Old 06-10-09, 10:02 AM   #4
sac
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Nice one! Glad to hear you could get her throat jewlery out and save her. How where you fishing the jig?
sac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-09, 10:28 AM   #5
Bassboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by sac View Post
Nice one! Glad to hear you could get her throat jewlery out and save her. How where you fishing the jig?
haha thanks!

I was getting a few feet off the bank and wading, trying to get my jig as close to the few small cypress trees in and around the pond. That's where I though most of the craw dads where gonna be, I was hopping, lifting the rod no more than 8" on the hops, with long pauses, 5 - 15 seconds long.
Old 06-10-09, 02:13 PM   #6
sac
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Cool, I'm trying to get into Jig fishing, thanks Boss
sac is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.