Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-11, 06:56 PM   #1
3dkicker
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Barrett-Jackson

I was watching the preview a couple weeks ago and thought I recognized one of guys on the floor who take the bids from the people but was unsure if it was him. Weds night I'm watching and the same guy comes up and they start talking about him and put his name on the screen. Bingo!!! Yep he's the father of a student I had two years ago, announces our football games, and wife is a fellow staff member in my department....so guess who's planning a trip out next year????? Yep, ME!!! and I've been told that he'd make sure I'd get one of the VIP passes to be up on stage around all the celeb's......Now how cool is that!!!!
Old 01-22-11, 07:46 PM   #2
bcklash

That's awesome. I would love to go 1 time.
Old 01-22-11, 09:59 PM   #3
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

wel it ain't cool if you ask me. REASON?!?! I AIN'T GOING WIT YA!!!

LOL, that is great man, truly great. post pictures now ok?
Old 01-22-11, 10:21 PM   #4
3dkicker

It's a long way off but it's one of those bucket list type things to do. Hang out with celeb's and look at $250K cars. Maybe meet Carol Shelby. That would be really cool. I'll definately post pics then!!!
Old 01-22-11, 11:30 PM   #5
bcklash

What makes you sick is to a car roll thru there that you had one just like it.
In my case, I had 69 Chevelle real nice car. Seen one roll thru the auction same color inside and out, old style rally wheels and everything. It went for $54,000.00, I bought mine in 1973 (4 yrs old) I think I paid like $2000.00. What a difference.
Old 01-23-11, 07:22 AM   #6
walkeraviator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcklash View Post
What makes you sick is to a car roll thru there that you had one just like it.
In my case, I had 69 Chevelle real nice car. Seen one roll thru the auction same color inside and out, old style rally wheels and everything. It went for $54,000.00, I bought mine in 1973 (4 yrs old) I think I paid like $2000.00. What a difference.
Yeah if i had just one of Dad's cars i would love it. But he had two in particular i want. His first car was a 61 Impala 2 door. and his first new car he bought while still in Viet Nam and it was waitin on him when he got home was a 1970 Roadrunner with the 383 Magnum motor. My uncle had a Gran Torino GTA with a cobra jet...
walkeraviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-11, 09:11 AM   #7
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

want to talk about cars we had? ok..........dad had a 55 chevy,49 merc,65 chevy truck custom,63 chevy impala SS,57 plymouth belvadere. i had a 56 ford trk,70 dodge charger,70 chevy chevelle. talk about money we through away. dad sold the 55 and 63 chevys. said me and my brother would kill ourselves in them. sold them BOTH FOR 300 BUCKS!!! brother and i were PISSED!!!
my 70 charger would be worth about 20 grand now, jsut for the body. it had a 318 in it. but now a days...they put in a hemi and sell it for a MINT. it was sold in a auction for 300 bucks by my dad. yeah, i am VERY sad when i watch the car shows.
Old 01-23-11, 07:30 PM   #8
66KingFisher

My first car was also a 61 Chevy Impala 2 door.....Dad gave it too me on my 16th birthday, he'd purchased it from an old couple that bought it new.....He gave $100 for it. I sold it back to him two years later for $200 and I put another $200 with it and purchased a 66 Mustang.....eventually, traded that for a 66 Impala 2 door so I could have a bigger back seat.....Hmmmmmm, I don't recall why I needed that....lol

Once the back seat was wore out, I sold that car and got a 67 Mustang 2+2 fastback that I ended up trading off for a 72 GranTorino Sport 2 door, black with a 351 CobraJet motor....What a beautiful car that was...Same as in the Clint Eastwood movie GranTorino only mine was black with gold trim on the sides, but I eventually painted gold Cobra stripes down the center of the car to go with the CobraJet motor......My first wife totalled it a few years later, and I pulled the motor and tranny and installed them in a 55 Ford F-100 pickup my then father-n-law purchased at auction for $75 and drove it home....lol. I divorced my wife before I completely finished the truck and I gave it to my father-n-law and walked away....He'd supplied alot of the money and time to help me build that truck so it just seemed fitting to give it to him since I wasn't going to have the time or money to mess with it at that point.

Since then I've had several old Chevy and Ford trucks, even a couple of old panel trucks from the 50's and also a 53 Chevy sedan delivery that I bought for $25...just body and frame, but it made a sweet rig once I got a smallblock installed....Had a 27 Model T and a 23 T-bucket that I never finished building.....My lastest hotrod was an 82 Z-28 Camaro that was all hopped up for quarter mile racing....sold that when the kids car seats and strollers wouldn't fit in the back seat anymore....lol....That was close to 20 years ago and I haven't had a hotrod or cool car since....lol....One of these days I'd love to be able to trick out my little 2door 91' S-10 Blazer and that'll be my new cool custom ride...lol....Gettin to where you don't see many of the original first generation S-10 Blazers anymore so it might be considered rare one day...lol....I've got a cool paintjob planned for it....hopefully i'll get a chance to finish it one day.

I sure wish I had any of those old vehicles back, Lord only knows what some of them would be worth nowdays?

I love old cars......Rebuild them, don't crush them.
Old 01-24-11, 09:51 AM   #9
jdw174
BassFishin.Com Member

I DVR'd the entire B-Jackson event, and ended up fast-forwarding thru almost the whole thing. It was like watching hours of commercials being interrupted for a couple minutes of a car auction. WAY too many commercials or BSing and not nearly enough auction time. I'm not nearly as big a fan of B-Jackson since I discovered the Mecum auctions on HDNet. Nothing but muscle cars/hot rods, many going for far more reasonable prices because they're drivers, not lookers. Next one is coming up this week. I'll be watching.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.