Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-08, 11:54 AM   #1
3dkicker
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Great Northwest trip

I've returned to the mid-atlantic after my week long adventure out west. Got to play around in the Spokane area for 5 days and found some things that I found very interesting......
1) They build the houses right next to each other. Didn't matter if they were 60K or 600K they were built right next door.
2) They have a hell of a lot of quail out there!!! We found mama and 12-15 of her little ones running around an industrial park. That's right in the parking lot.
3) It sure takes spring a long time to get there. The strawberries aren't even ripe yet.
4) Norwegian blood is a good thing. They have some "talented" young ladies out there.
5) It's dry, except when it snows, which they got a ton of this year. And the water is still cold. I met a guy who had to be pulled from the Coeur d'Alene IronMan because he was too cold. Body temp was 92 degrees. Right around the temp that your heart stops beating.
6) I saw two cops all week long in Spokane. And they were on bikes down town in the park. Very strange. Oh, and you make left hand turns on RED. And they have 4-way intersections with no stop signs or lights .

Here's a few more pics. The "rock" wall is something I tried for the first time. Made the first climb and failed the second. Pulled a hammie . They have the worlds only floating green at CdA. A pic of the Spokane river. and a couple roses for Zooker to see how to grow them correctly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	080620_153732.jpg
Views:	423
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	2402   Click image for larger version

Name:	080622_145503.jpg
Views:	419
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	2403   Click image for larger version

Name:	080623_171059.jpg
Views:	404
Size:	118.6 KB
ID:	2404   Click image for larger version

Name:	080623_124020.jpg
Views:	419
Size:	140.6 KB
ID:	2405  
Old 06-27-08, 05:58 PM   #2
flbassman

Sounds like a great trip.....Left on Red though? Thats messed up.....
Old 06-27-08, 07:15 PM   #3
brushhog

I would like to see that part of the country, no time to fish or what?
Old 06-27-08, 09:37 PM   #4
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I'm thinking about moving out there for the winter. Seattle to be exact. Just to change things up for a few months.
Old 06-27-08, 10:03 PM   #5
Fishbear
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Fishbear

That is my neck of the woods out there, I grew up in that country. Some great smallie fishing there, and even large mouth down in Southeast part of the state, around Moses Lake, and Potholes.

Around Spokane, you have moose, and some monster whitetails to hunt, and elk, and cougar, and black bear.

Anyone wanting to move to Seattle on the other hand is asking for trouble,, beautiful yes, but just as liberal as L.A. or NY.

SW Washington across the river from Portland is great. Lots of hunting and fishing to be done. Lots of summer and winter sports, all within an hour & half drive.
Old 06-28-08, 12:51 AM   #6
pignjig

Sounds like you had a great time, 3d! Glad you made it back with all your limbs and no outstanding warrants. But, uh...how 'bout some more on the Norwegian girls? Or, don't we wanna to know...?

-Pig
pignjig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-08, 09:32 AM   #7
WTL

Yea its liberal, part of the reason it might be good to head out there for a couple months. I want to do something different, meet folks you wouldnt expect to meet around here, fish for fish that arent around here, see things that arent around here - travelling abroad is too expensive with the weak dollar, and I have a ton of college friends in Seattle that I could probly room with for less than 200 a month. This would just be for a few months while I go through the process of applying for grad school. All this is really tentative, but the only big thing keeping me away is the price of gas or I would have done it already.
Old 06-29-08, 10:28 AM   #8
Fishbear

Send a message via Yahoo to Fishbear

WTL, check on the Salmon runs, and steelhead runs, there are at least 2 runs of each, every year, to plan your trip around, there is also some great deep sea fishing for cod, snapper, sea bass, halibut, etc... You might also check on the Sturgeon fishing. Hook into one of those monsters, and you will know it. North of Seattle about an hour is Lake Whatcom, supposed to be some good bass fishing there. There is also some great high mountain trout fishing in the Cascades, some are a 5 mile hike from the road, but well worth it once you get there. You will probably have the whole place to yourself.

Have fun out there, and enjoy the scenery around UW campus,,,
Old 06-29-08, 06:17 PM   #9
3dkicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by brushhog View Post
I would like to see that part of the country, no time to fish or what?
Had time but no one to fish with and I didn't have any gear . But it really was a fun trip! I hadn't been out there in 10 years.

Piggy2 - When I say "talented" I mean talented. And I'll leave the rest to your imagination.

Last edited by 3dkicker; 06-29-08 at 06:30 PM.
3dkicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-08, 07:17 PM   #10
zooker

fish bear is right the left coast is nice to visit but would not want to live..

spokane is about the same as maine northern wise.

old english open climbing roses NICE...

zooker
Old 06-30-08, 10:08 AM   #11
3dkicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooker View Post
old english open climbing roses NICE...

zooker
Very good!!! Now try these. Got some more but would have been better if all of the roses were in bloom. The city rose garden was huge. They also had a Japanese garden and a couple more.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	080623_123659.jpg
Views:	404
Size:	116.4 KB
ID:	2422  

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.