Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-09-13, 11:57 AM   #1
Crankbait
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default losing a 10 lb bass

Ok so I did a post last week about this kid that I’m trying to mentor well just be there for him and helping him get into the crazy thing we love so much! I have this lake I love for offshore bass. He’s already got his first 5lb girl so now he’s hooked. I blew past the lake to check water temp and how stained it was and did a little side viewing to find this spot of a creek channel. I know now would be the time for them to be possible shallow but not on this lake. We get there and I keep of the spot and he’s pointing at this bank and that laydown and I’m trying to keep him patient. Just trying to give the other boats their time to get back into the shallows and coves. I’m explain to him that these fish are going to fight different with the water temp up 20 degrees (in the low 60’s) I trying to get him to slow his retrieve to try and get her to choke it….not have it on the side of the mouth for an easier toss of the crank. I’m Telling him I may be able to put him on a Double digit. Well it happened but with the wrong end result. I felt bad because I got a little flustered and excuse the language in the video. It’s been a minute since I’ve seen a ten and when she came up I was like “Yes”! we don’t run across Double D’s like you guys do! Just curious if I was to hard on him. He told me that he didn’t think he was ready and I didn’t think about the possibility of a negative effect of him losing a fish like that. So all this week yes been calling apologizing. I’ve just been telling him that’s fishing ! Tried to redeem my self but losing a fish like that is hard. At the end of the day we were laughing so I figured all was well. Again excuse a few brief curse words don’t know how to bleep stuff out yet.
oh i know you don't see her but she was huge! i can't definitely say she was over ten. but fish and wildlife were out the previous week and one of the guys i know told me they shocked 3 over 15lbs and a bunch of ten plus.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqP_Y...bB0BRQ&index=1
Crankbait is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.