Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk

Old 07-03-12, 09:41 PM   #26
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrob78 View Post
You're really close. Make a few more posts everyday for the next couple of days before we close it up. I don't think anyone would have a problem with you joining in, even if you're a few posts short. You've been a good, active member since you joined.
I am fine with it.
Old 07-03-12, 10:00 PM   #27
Tavery5
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

close enough
Old 07-03-12, 10:00 PM   #28
MississippiBoy

Works for me, too. I don't think you'll get your $25 of lures, then duck and run.
Old 07-03-12, 10:35 PM   #29
USMCbassman
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MississippiBoy View Post
Works for me, too. I don't think you'll get your $25 of lures, then duck and run.
Absolutely not man...I love the crowd here, the honest input, the lack of flaming and the sense of humor around here. Plus the forum remains active.

I mod the forums for American Iron Magazine, a job Buzz Kanter (AIM owner) and his assistant editor entrusted me with, but the forum died quickly and haven't been on there in a long time. That is when I'll leave a forum...when it dies. I still respond to emails when notified of issues on the board though.

I appreciate the fact that you all trust me and I'll work on my post count in the mean time, if I meet the mark count me in. As a matter of fact I'll place an order now so I can take advantage of the TW discount (because my local stores suck for freshwater gear) and why not get more for the money. If I'm in I'll mail it out and if not I'll throw it in my tackle box

Thanks fellas...
USMCbassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-12, 10:47 PM   #30
nobass

even though he is a retired marine i think we can trust him i am good with it
Old 07-03-12, 10:47 PM   #31
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCbassman View Post
Absolutely not man...I love the crowd here, the honest input, the lack of flaming and the sense of humor around here. Plus the forum remains active.

I mod the forums for American Iron Magazine, a job Buzz Kanter (AIM owner) and his assistant editor entrusted me with, but the forum died quickly and haven't been on there in a long time. That is when I'll leave a forum...when it dies. I still respond to emails when notified of issues on the board though.

I appreciate the fact that you all trust me and I'll work on my post count in the mean time, if I meet the mark count me in. As a matter of fact I'll place an order now so I can take advantage of the TW discount (because my local stores suck for freshwater gear) and why not get more for the money. If I'm in I'll mail it out and if not I'll throw it in my tackle box

Thanks fellas...
Everyone does the shopping a little different. Some guys will wait until they find our who they are buying for and then do some research on that person by reading several of their threads to see what they like and then try to buy stuff they like. Other guys will shop around to try and find quality tackle made local to them that is a small company that the other person is probably unaware of. Some guys will buy tackle that they really like and have confidence in and send it to the person they draw. Each way is really cool and everyone is always happy when they open their package, waiting to open it after it comes in is the hard part (there is usually a set date that everyone will open their gifts on). Have fun shopping!!!
Old 07-03-12, 10:49 PM   #32
nobass

i am fine with ut even though he is a retared marine oops retired
Old 07-03-12, 10:59 PM   #33
Jrob78

Quote:

Thanks fellas...
I think everyone agrees, send me a PM with your address, we'd be glad to have you play. We've been doing this for a couple of years now I guess, at Christmas and then usually once in the summer. It's always a lot of fun and everyone normally steps up and buys good gifts.

Like Kory said, everyone has a different idea about what to buy. I normally try to go with stuff that the person might not buy for their self, or something nice that I really like that someone else probably hasn't used. Either way though, go with something you would be happy getting and you can't go wrong.
Old 07-03-12, 11:01 PM   #34
bamabassman

marine....you are IN buddy. no need ot "make more posts to get the count up". trust me when i tell you YOU ARE IN. ok?

nuff said.

now, who is gonna be the lucky feller (or gal) that gets the master's DINK catching baits? hmmmmm? BWAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!1
Old 07-03-12, 11:08 PM   #35
USMCbassman

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobass View Post
i am fine with ut even though he is a retared marine oops retired

LOL...Not retired yet, 5 years to go and then I'll be retired. Not that I'm counting or keeping track

bama and everyone- Thanks!

As for the shopping that makes sense. I guess I misunderstood as I though it was you buy some of your favorites and send to them. Either way I'm good and more than happy to participate.

PM coming....
Old 07-03-12, 11:29 PM   #36
bassboogieman

Am I too late? Mike is ok by me, as long as California doesn't break away form the continent and slide into the sea before next week. And I'm buying the stuff I like and sending it out to the unlucky person I get. I like fishing with SHOE LACES so I HOPE I draw Daniel.............. Make it happen Joe..............
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-12, 11:34 PM   #37
Jrob78

We are up to 14 people now. I will draw the names over the weekend. If anyone else wants to join in, come on with it.
Old 07-03-12, 11:50 PM   #38
bcklash

Bassin bandit wants in----same addy as mine
Old 07-04-12, 12:06 AM   #39
Jrob78

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcklash View Post
Bassin bandit wants in----same addy as mine
You got it.
Old 07-04-12, 01:19 AM   #40
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
As for the shopping that makes sense. I guess I misunderstood as I though it was you buy some of your favorites and send to them. Either way I'm good and more than happy to participate.

PM coming....
If that is how you want to do it then go for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboogieman View Post
Am I too late? Mike is ok by me, as long as California doesn't break away form the continent and slide into the sea before next week.
In that case I would say that we broke even. HAHAHAHAHA, JK USMC. Nothing against you, but you will find a lot of jokes about our left coast members.

Last edited by carolina-rig-01; 07-04-12 at 11:00 AM.
carolina-rig-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-12, 01:22 AM   #41
Jrob78

Who's Mike?
Old 07-04-12, 09:20 AM   #42
bassboogieman

OK, I call every California male (I don't know) - "Mike". And every Californina female - "Gidget". I have no rational explaniation for it, other than those names are those of famous Californians I think of when the state comes up. Mike Love, of the Beach Boys, and Sally Field. That's my explanition................ and I'm stickin' to it, Willie.

Oh, and back to topic - does anyone have experience in shipping a bucket of minnows.........................
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-12, 10:33 AM   #43
MO_CPA
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I heard you just pack em in dry ice. If they don't come back to, they will make a hell of a pizza topping.

Carolina, you threw me off with the new pic...had to take a double take..lol
Old 07-04-12, 10:46 AM   #44
keithdog

I think in honer of this being Independance Day AND the fact that USMCbassman has been serving his country and protecting our liberty, we should allow him to join in now. He's the real deal and has shown to also be a good member of the forums.
Old 07-04-12, 11:02 AM   #45
nobass

mike works for me better than some of the other names he has come up with
Old 07-04-12, 12:14 PM   #46
USMCbassman

LOL @ Mike! I'll take that over Sue! The left coast jokes don't bother me, I'm still a Kansas resident and only live here because of work
Old 07-04-12, 01:11 PM   #47
Bassboss

Hmmm... think I can do it this time. When are the dates you need to have everything in an such. I start work on Monday.

Does anyone know where I can buy and ship live waterdogs for this?

Last edited by Bassboss; 07-04-12 at 01:22 PM.
Bassboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-12, 02:02 PM   #48
Jrob78

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboogieman View Post
OK, I call every California male (I don't know) - "Mike". And every Californina female - "Gidget". I have no rational explaniation for it, other than those names are those of famous Californians I think of when the state comes up. Mike Love, of the Beach Boys, and Sally Field. That's my explanition................ and I'm stickin' to it, Willie....
Hahahahahaha, that's way funnier than thinking his name is really Mike. I like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassboss View Post
Hmmm... think I can do it this time. When are the dates you need to have everything in an such. I start work on Monday.

Does anyone know where I can buy and ship live waterdogs for this?
Sammy, my plan is to draw names this weekend and then give everyone until the 20th or so to get their gifts shipped. My main goal is for everyone to have their gifts in hand by the end of the month. I don't want to rush it any faster than that. $25 isn't a lot of money but at the same time, things are tight for everyone these days. Plus, a lot of people, myself included, do their shopping online and sometimes it takes a little while for stuff to be delivered.

I would love for you to be able to participate but you need to be 100% sure you can fulfill your part of the deal. Once the names are drawn, there is no going back and if someone gets left out, it won't be good. Just think about it and let me know.
Old 07-04-12, 10:56 PM   #49
bamabassman

Dang....boss beat me to the waterdog joke....
Old 07-05-12, 11:23 AM   #50
MO_CPA
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Went to BPS last night and laid out the gameplan. Getting excited for this!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.