Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions

Old 11-02-11, 10:45 PM   #126
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Oh man Don! I'm really sorry to hear your having to face the knee surgeries. I know several folks who have had it done and they all say it was the best thing they ever did. And like Bruce said, they all said the first few days are a bi***. But afterwards, the rewards are great. I know my right knee is on borrowed time. I cant afford to loose work right now, so holding off on it for now, but one day it is inevitable. My best wishes for a speedy recovery buddy. Like John said, be sure to let us know when your having the procedure done.
Old 11-03-11, 12:20 PM   #127
nofearengineer

That stinks, Don. But like Keith said, you have to look out for your health above all else, or there will be fewer fishing trips in the future. Get those knees fixed. One of mine hurts too (been wrecked since I broke my leg at 15), so I understand.
Old 11-03-11, 05:09 PM   #128
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Sorry to hear about that Don. Maybe you can make the next one!

BB
Old 11-21-11, 04:38 PM   #129
nofearengineer

Okay, fellas.

I think I have found our lodgings.

http://www.cedarhillresort.com/index.html

They look pretty good in the photos, and driving past them looked pretty nice too. They have covered slips, and a great view of the lake when you just want to kick back on the porch. There is a full-service restaurant there as well, if you get tired of bologna sandwiches.

They will have updated pricing this Friday. They told me they're not anticipating any big rate hikes. This year's rate for a 3-bedroom cabin that sleeps 6 maximum (I figure 5 will be more comfortable, one to a bed or fold out sofa) was $152 per night, or $780 per week. They're 1.5 bathrooms too. I'm thinking this will be perfect.

They also have some smaller, 2-bedroom cabins if some of you want to bring your better halves (there, I said it, John! ).

Let me know if this sounds good to you, and I'll try to get started on the reservation. They want 50% up front, so we may have to do something creative. I know Bruce had a lot of headaches with it last year. We'll see.
Old 11-21-11, 05:29 PM   #130
bassboogieman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Exclusive rates if booked on BLACK FRIDAY? If you are certain THIS IS IT, then I'll be taking advantage of those rates, and booking on Friday. Retired y'know so I have to take advantage of discounts when I can get them. This place looks fine, especially with at resturant close by if we don't feel like cooking and the cabins look ok too. I am concerned as you mentioned covered dockage - which I would REALLY like - but the rates are seasonal. I'll certainly be checking on that option when I call.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-11, 05:38 PM   #131
nofearengineer

Bruce, the rates I posted are the off season rates. They go up considerably starting May 27. We'll have to consult the attendance thread before we book.
Old 11-21-11, 08:59 PM   #132
bcklash

Bryce, has of right now the Bandit and I plan on arriving Wed. evening of that week. My vacation has been approved, but he can't put in for his untill March. Let me know how creative ya'll get, so I'll know how to proceed.
Old 11-22-11, 12:00 PM   #133
nofearengineer

Ron, that is great. I'm looking forward to actually seeing you and Adam at Dale this time .

The "Black Friday Special" they talk about is very interesting. I hope it's a significant savings...we'll see. But it does put some pressure on us to book this week. I wish I had given you more notice, but what the hey...

Here's what I think we're going to do. I'm going to call them Friday morning, get the pricing, then report back here. I will list the cabins that are available with the rates (both regular and Black Friday). This place is quite a bit different from Wheeler State Park; they want a 50% deposit within 2 weeks of reserving the cabin. To book 3 3-bedroom cabins, I would have to place a deposit of around $1,000. While that isn't impossible, I do remember the trip 2 years ago, and how it disintegrated. Not wanting to be left holding that bag, I think the members who come as sort of a "package deal" should book the cabins.

It sounds like you need to definitely make your reservation on Friday, so keep your eyes peeled on this thread that morning.

Bruce and I (several others possible) are staying a whole week, so we will take care of one 3-bedroom cabin.

Ron, it sounds like you and Adam are a definite. Can you handle booking one of the cabins?

Then we would just need someone to book a third cabin.

Anyone else who wants to be in the driver's seat on one of the cabins please let me know as early as you can, so we can get the best deal we can.

I hope this short notice doesn't put anyone in a financial pinch, but the cabins do look to be a very good deal. For those of you who get 5 people in a 3-bedroom, it looks to be around $30/night per person. Even a cheap, fleabag motel charges more than that, and this is on a hillside overlooking Dale. Quite a bargain, in my book.

If having to book this week is just too soon, hopefully the regular rates will still be pretty good, and you can then book as soon as you get the money in hand.
Old 11-25-11, 09:50 AM   #134
nofearengineer

Awesome.

I just looked at the website, and it looks like the rates stayed the same, or dropped slightly. No increases.

And today only, they have a 15% discount on reservations.

Bruce, I will be calling shortly (as soon as I get to work ) to book a 3-bedroom.

Last edited by nofearengineer; 11-25-11 at 11:27 AM.
nofearengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-11, 11:28 AM   #135
nofearengineer

I have reserved Cabin 21.

For everyone else, I would recommend cabins 9, 28, and 36, so we can all stay pretty close together. (That way, John won’t have to walk very far in the dark to pound on my door at 3AM. )

These cabins are $152 per night. Today only, they are $129 per night.
If someone wants to get a smaller, 2-bedroom cabin, Cabin 19 is right in the middle of these other cabins.

If you reserve a cabin, make sure to ask about a covered slip. They are available for $15 per night. Still a great deal when you consider both you and your boat can sleep soundly for $40 per night.

Now all we have to do is pray it doesn’t flood!
Old 11-25-11, 12:12 PM   #136
MississippiBoy

Bryce, do we have to pay today, or just reserve today to get the 15% off?
Old 11-25-11, 12:31 PM   #137
nofearengineer

You have to reserve today, and you have two weeks to pay the 50% deposit. They only take the deposit online.
Old 11-25-11, 03:44 PM   #138
bamabassman

ok, so far daniel, louann, me and lisa re all gonna be in a cabin bryce. daniel has the puter account. so you can mark us down as attending for now. that is IF daniel has enough moeny to make the reservation. lol!!

by the way..........is it MAY YET!!!!
Old 11-25-11, 03:47 PM   #139
bassboogieman

Cabin 21 - I AM IN, and count one other - wether it's Doc or someone else. GOOD JOB Bryce!
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-11, 03:58 PM   #140
nofearengineer

Awesome, guys.

I just discovered, by pure dumb luck ...another thing that may make this one of the best events ever.

May 6 is a full moon.

Not only will it be much easier to see at night (I plan on at least one night trying to lure some tasty walleye into our frying pans), there is quite a bit of science out there that suggests crayfish molt on and around the full moon. And supposedly, Smallies are nuts for soft crayfish. I will definitely be bringing some blue and black jigs (I hear Dale crayfish tend to have blue highlights on their shells).

Oh well, if anyone else books a cabin, make sure to let us know!
Old 11-25-11, 04:06 PM   #141
bamabassman

oooohhhh hell bryce.........full moon? ya'll know i howl whenever there's a full moon right? BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

for real, can we say there might be some night fishing if the weather is good enough?

and i am trying to get daniel to get us #14,15 or 18. closer to the slips and on the water. lisa LOVES to look out at the water. i know it's futher from you bryce. but it is what the bosslady prefers, and she is the boss now. ok?
Old 11-25-11, 04:06 PM   #142
bcklash

Woody, Bandit and I have reserved cabin 36 arriving on Wed. the 9th.
Old 11-25-11, 04:09 PM   #143
nofearengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcklash View Post
Woody, Bandit and I have reserved cabin 36 arriving on Wed. the 9th.
Woohoo...you guys are making my day. Sometimes I get the feeling I am a bit over-enthusiastic about stuff, but apparently I'm not all by myself on this one.
Old 11-25-11, 04:12 PM   #144
bamabassman

no oyu ain't bryce......i'm getting chill bumps as i type this. and it ain't from the damn north wind coming in either. hahaha!!!

looks like we ARE GONNA BE IN #19 AFTER ALL BRYCE.
Old 11-25-11, 04:15 PM   #145
nofearengineer

John, my main interest in the cabin numbers I listed was keeping everyone close by. That way we can all hang out together a little easier. I already know we're gonna need to bring along some shovels it's gonna get so deep on those porches in the evening haha.
Old 11-25-11, 04:19 PM   #146
bamabassman

understand bryce. found out it cost more to be on the water anyway. we decided to take #19. me, lisa,daniel and louann. HHHHOOOOOOOOWWWWWWEEEEEELLLLLLLLLL!!!! yes, i am howling at the moon already. lmao!!!
Old 11-25-11, 04:56 PM   #147
MississippiBoy

Easy, John....take a deep breath, slow down, and try to relax.
We have reserved Cabin #19 for May 10-12.

Ye be warned....
Old 11-25-11, 06:19 PM   #148
woody

Hey Happy Campers! Here's something else to keep in mind when reserving a slip for your boat.

I spoke with Ron earlier today and we have reserved 2 slips side by side. Ron made the reservations so I don't know the slip numbers yet. When you get a chance Ron.

One of the things I remember from the 2009 Kentucky Lake Get-Together was that the marina acted as a great "hang out" area. We were also able to help one another in and out of the slips. It was also a great place to show off what we had in your live wells. So If we could all keep together in the marina by announcing which slip we have reserved that would be great!

-Mark
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-11, 06:29 PM   #149
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Hey guys, since John/Daniel stole Cabin 19 we just reserved Cabin 20.

We can probably bunk someone else if needed.

BB
Old 11-25-11, 06:40 PM   #150
nofearengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody View Post
Hey Happy Campers! Here's something else to keep in mind when reserving a slip for your boat.

I spoke with Ron earlier today and we have reserved 2 slips side by side. Ron made the reservations so I don't know the slip numbers yet. When you get a chance Ron.

One of the things I remember from the 2009 Kentucky Lake Get-Together was that the marina acted as a great "hang out" area. We were also able to help one another in and out of the slips. It was also a great place to show off what we had in your live wells. So If we could all keep together in the marina by announcing which slip we have reserved that would be great!

-Mark

Mark, great point! I talked with Charlie about the covered slips, and he seemed semi-concerned about the number of covered slips being asked for. So my take on it is, he doesn't want to guarantee everybody 2 slips per cabin. Can we get everybody who is bringing a boat to speak up? That way, we can get an idea of how many slips are needed.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.