Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions

Old 07-27-06, 02:42 PM   #26
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Hi Nancy and Welcome

I'd say that the lively action of a nightcrawler, plus the fact that most fish will eat them, may explain your success in catching a bass...most on here use entirely artifical baits, but I am sure we've all started with live bait..was the bass very big?
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-06, 05:31 PM   #27
DonnieDarko
BassFishin.Com Member

Before this year I would've said that yo all were crazy talking about lures being better than live bait. But this year I've caught ALL of my fish on lures.

But, don't get me wrong there's nothing like using a live crawdaddy.
Old 07-27-06, 06:16 PM   #28
IL.bassin
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to IL.bassin

Hold on a second everybody. We all throw an artificial lure and present it to mimic live prey.

Please discuss.
IL.bassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-06, 07:09 PM   #29
Rodman_Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by IL.bassin
Hold on a second everybody. We all throw an artificial lure and present it to mimic live prey.

Please discuss.
well ya can't burn a shiner through the grass like you would a rattle trap. artificials are nice because they allow you to do things you can't do with live bait. you can use certain lures in different conditions along with covering more water. personally I like using both. some days I can't buy a bite on live bait but can rack up on artificials, and some days they turn their nose up at the artificials but eat the heck outta live. all depends on the presentation and what the fish wants/needs to see to trigger a strike.
Old 07-27-06, 07:28 PM   #30
DonnieDarko
BassFishin.Com Member

Plus, using lures aren't as expensive as buying live bait every single time you go out.
Old 07-27-06, 10:04 PM   #31
GorillaWarfare
BassFishin.Com Active Member

In my opinion it adds to the sport of fishing...What I'm trying to say is I don't believe there is much sport in catching a fish with it's natural food source...for example is it more satisfying to bag a deer out in it's natural habitat or shooting one off a salt lick that you put out earlier in the year? In my opinion it is more sporting if you can induce a bite on an artifical as opposed to a dying shiner that they would eat anyway...I apologize for my spelling errors if there are any due to my inebreation (whiskey is good hehe)...my .02 scrilla.

GW
GorillaWarfare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-06, 11:17 PM   #32
IL.bassin

Send a message via Yahoo to IL.bassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodman_Rob
well ya can't burn a shiner through the grass like you would a rattle trap. artificials are nice because they allow you to do things you can't do with live bait. you can use certain lures in different conditions along with covering more water. personally I like using both. some days I can't buy a bite on live bait but can rack up on artificials, and some days they turn their nose up at the artificials but eat the heck outta live. all depends on the presentation and what the fish wants/needs to see to trigger a strike.
I'm just playing devil's advocate
IL.bassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-06, 10:39 PM   #33
bassking22
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Hey Donnie, how you rig them craws?
bassking22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.