Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-07, 03:33 PM   #1
BubbaLunk
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Best Day Ever

I just have to share one of the most amazing fishing experiences that I have ever had, the Friday before Easter I went fishing at a private golf course pond that is about a mile from my house, I never thought about fishing but my brother was down for the holidays and he said lets go try it, We fished from 6-8 pm it was low 50's with wind blowing about 10-15 mphs and the pond water was murkey, we used zoom pumkin seed magnums on texas rig, between the 2 of us we caught about 20 fish and I caught a 5+ and two that were 6+, I could have cried that I did bring my camera, but that mistake will never happen again, and I can not wait to go back out there when it warms up and gets nice, And I failed to mention that I had one fish break 14 lb. stern clear blue test, That fish would have been the biggest, but I forgot to retie after I caught the first couple, stupid mistake, the pond is right on the golf course and no one even bothered to come out to tell us to stop, prob cause it was so cold and nasty out. I have lived in my house for 5 years now and I never tried fishing this pond, but now after that experience they are going to have to keep a eye out for me cause any free time I will be there.
BubbaLunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-07, 05:31 PM   #2
Rebbasser
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Sounds like you had a great day!

Losing that big fish hurts-been there and done that. But to tell you the truth I learn more from the ones I lose than the ones I catch. You will never forget to retie again. I learned a similar lesson about sharpening hooks some 20-odd years ago and that is a lesson I have never forgot.

On the bright side you know where that big 'ol goodun is so you can go back and get him.

Oh yeah, don't forget to retie !
Old 04-10-07, 07:11 PM   #3
hackattack
BassFishin.Com Active Member

reb, what was that experience? (just curious dont know if i should have asked)
hackattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-07, 08:01 PM   #4
lizardsrule

Great day, hope you have many, many more.

Lizards
Old 04-10-07, 10:30 PM   #5
Rebbasser

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackattack View Post
reb, what was that experience? (just curious dont know if i should have asked)

That's fine, hack-might save somebody else from a painful lesson. I was fishing a gravel pit and had just bought a new chrome/black back Tiny Torpedo. Tied it on, made a cast and the instant it hit the water an absolute toad grabbed it. I set the hook, the fish started pulling drag, and then the line went limp. I reeled it in thinking the line had broken, but the Torpedo came back with it. I was trying to figure out why I lost it so I checked the hooks. Right out of the box they were about as sharp as a Q-tip, and I had my answer. Since then I have never thrown a bait without checking to make sure the hooks were sharp enough to dig into a fingernail. If they aren't they get sharpened.

Like I said, sometimes you learn more from the one you lose .
Old 04-11-07, 09:44 AM   #6
BubbaLunk
BassFishin.Com Member

I was really surpprised that we did that well, I live in davidson NC, and it had warmed up for a couple weeks then it got cold again, so I thought that the fish might not be very active, boy was I wrong, it makes me believe that no one fishes that pond, because I travel past the pond everyday, for the last five years and I have never once seen anybody fishing in it. so I think it was the case of anything you throw in front of them they were killing, but as I said next time I will have a camera.
BubbaLunk is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.