Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-12, 09:55 AM   #26
WaffleJaw
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

One thing I dont like already is laying rods between my legs when I need to adjust, grab something,or retie..I was constantly worried about kicking one over board and I spend too much time making these rods.

I also dont think I would like a rod holder up front or on the trac..I wanted something simple, low profile,and out of the way...So this is what I worked on last night using an old Berkley rod holder I had laying around.

parts:
Green Faberware cutting board , Rod holder foam pulled out and cut in half, Nylon 1/4'' spacer , and a small piece of eva foam (to cover the nylon spacer for aesthetic reasons only)....(not pictured) 1/4'' SS bolt, slide trac nut, two part 10 minute FC epoxy)

I traced the foam on the board and cut it out with a jig saw leaving a lip for the bolt to go through..Sanded and drill small,shallow holes in it in hopes it will better bond with the epoxy...Once fitted and glued,I clamped it till the epoxy set.

Then just drill a 1/4'' hole in the lip...Dremmel and file the bolt to size,add the spacer,and done!..Nice little rod holder for the trac.

I like it cause the rod handle fits nicely with how the seat is designed on the Ride...I still put a strap for the handle up there as well for cheap insurance,but this should work nicely for my needs..

Oh and I started making a simple cart last night with plans I got off Palmetto Kayak.com,and some old wheels off a edger.

Old 03-30-12, 12:07 PM   #27
bassboogieman

Dude, you just shoulda bought this one and been done wit it......................

http://www.hobiecat.com/fishing/boat...gler/features/
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-12, 12:16 PM   #28
WaffleJaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboogieman View Post
Dude, you just shoulda bought this one and been done wit it......................

Bruce thats a pretty expensive cart to haul my kayak in
Old 04-01-12, 08:26 AM   #29
MallenManson
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboogieman View Post

Those things are sweet. I've wanted one since I saw them in a fishing show a week or 2 back.

Waffle, I'm lovin that rod mount you came up with! I might have to try something similar, even if it's to eliminate 2 rods sitting upright behind me. That's a pain.

If you do decide to have a forward rod holder, go with a Cabela's Quick Draw.
My rod holder is actually too far forward, so by ditching the Scotty and installing the Quick Draw, there's not as much lean involved

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.