Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-08, 12:58 PM   #1
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Man what a month e've had around here!

well gang. the wife is home and getting better by the minute. BUT.... got the bill the other day,.....$156,000.00 dollars. not what we'll have to pay, but dangggggggg! and NOW my brother has had open heart surgery (last friday), he is doing fine now too. and then on my way home friday, my trucks air went out, $582.00. now the wifes trailblaser's fan clutch is going out .......AGAIN. another $500.00 bucks. like they say...."when it rains, it POURS!" we'll be okay though. and i did go fishing this morning, nuthin!! not even a bite. a cool front came through last thursday. and the wind wuz a blowing for 2 days. today it started calming down a bit. the grass is outa control now too. think i'm gonna have to go a little further down river. any suggestions? want to hit it again in the morning. here is the conditions. water temp is still around 83, clarity is murky to muddy (about 2 foot), till you get in the grass, then it is clear as a bell. wind, don't know, have to check it then. maybe around 5 to 10 mph. with some gusts. air temp is 65 in the morning, to around 90 afternoon. help me out gang. tried buzzbaits, spooks, frogs...nuthin. lizards ain't working either. spinners, nilch. pignjig, nada.cranks...gets filled with milfoil each and every cast. ain't got da mula for dynomite. lost the ol phone crank. help me out gang!! till then... waiting.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-08, 01:28 PM   #2
WTL

Well even if you dont have to pay, it woulda been worth every penny - and I aint talking bout the ac in the truck.

I talked to the old man last night and its slowed down for him too. He said the grass done topped out and putrified, its too ugly to fish. I think thats latin for "I caught an 8 pound bass earlier this year and I'm spoiled".

Went yesterday myself in eutaw and only landed a couple on a spinnerbait and fished hard. I was in the right places, but I really do think that front knocked them off down here too. Wish it were still 102. That dryer cool air is making me think two things; football is close and winter is no quite as distant.
Old 08-09-08, 05:08 PM   #3
bamabassman

yea, you're right. it would be worth every penny even if i had to pay it all wtl.yes i'd sell the truck, boat(s),camper and house. after all i can get all those things again. and to answer your other remark...ROLLLLLL TIDE ROLL!!!! but i think that we will only go 7-5 or 8-4 this year. hope saban redshirts julio jones and starr jackson. he should redshirt them 2 at least. that'll give em a good year to watch and grow and learn. then start em and maybe then we will have all the peices together for a double championship again. heck they may win 3 in a row for us.
Old 08-09-08, 05:46 PM   #4
Jim80
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Bama it's great to hear that she's home and wow thats a ton of cash but i'm sure it is worth ten times that amount for her to be home and healthy again .
Old 08-09-08, 05:54 PM   #5
WTL

I've already had occasion to watch practice, we absolutly are gonna play Julio Jones in the first game. He looks like a Calvin Johnson clone out there. If we redshirt him its an investment that will fail to pay off in a couple years cause he is a likely NFL lotto pick in 3 years. Play him now.

Star Jackson needs to be redshirted, as is par for true freshmen quarterbacks.

It looks as if some of our defensive freshmen are gonna be very good and get time early. Cody, the 395 pound defensive tackle and Dareus are turning heads, and Alonzo Lawrence will probably be in the top 3 corners by midseason.

I think we could win 10 games, perhaps more. Part of that is the west will be down, part of that is we are looking very good in S&C and leadership wise. Depth at linebacker is the biggest concern, expecially opening up with Clemson.

Saw Tyrone Prothro, Zeke Knight, BJ Stabler get their degrees today. Tyrone Prothro has absolutly no limp left. Will never play ball again, but he can live a normal life after that injury, I have heard he has his heart set on coaching if he never plays.
Old 08-09-08, 10:07 PM   #6
bamabassman

good tohear on prothro. and yes the linebackers are gonna be a problem this year, as well as our secondary i think. we have a lot of holes to fill back there. this class and last years class will help us. but 10 wins? you really think so? i hope so, but have my doubts. and jim, yes it is a ton of cash. luckly we have great insurance, and it would be worth 10, 20 or 100 times that amount for her. and thank your for your prayers. she is tired of being tired she says. she wants to get healed up already, lmao. that is a great sign. when she gets mad at healing herself to slowly (according to her), she is well on her way to a full reconery. i just smile and tell her to take it easy, after all. it has only been 3 weeks. she'll think about it and say that i am right and go lay down for a couple of hours. we just got back from dinner and a movie. she is all tuckered out now and in bed. i have to say..i am so very proud of her. she has more spunk than i would. lord knows i love that little lady. ok, now....wtl or someone here..help me out on the fishing for in da morning. gonna be around 60 degrees. they said calm winds kicking up to around 10 mph by noon. water temp is around 80. think worms? what? lol.i felt like a beginner out there today,lmao. but i saw that noone else caught anything either. so i don't feel so bad now. maybe cranks will work? let me know, ok?
Old 08-10-08, 09:19 PM   #7
flfireman

Just send the trucks to the auto Dr. and see if you can copy the hospitals letter head. Submit it under reconstructive body cooling duct surgery and just submit it with the other paper work. Worth a try. Sorry about the fishin, I would kill for 65 any time right now.
Old 08-11-08, 12:40 PM   #8
Bob Smith

John, Sunday a week ago, one of my buds won a club tournament over on Guntersville with 5 for 18.98 lbs. All on Topwater before 8:30 AM. He was throwing a Zell Popper in the "Ghost" pattern around the main river channel grass edges almost to Mud Creek (way up there). He was hitting the little feeder creek mouths.

Tell Lisa, that we're stilling pulling for her quick recovery! Fall is around the corner and a nice camping trip should make her perk up a bit!
Old 08-11-08, 12:50 PM   #9
robertmee
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flfireman View Post
Just send the trucks to the auto Dr. and see if you can copy the hospitals letter head. Submit it under reconstructive body cooling duct surgery and just submit it with the other paper work. Worth a try.
Sorry, but fraud is never worth a try....
robertmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-08, 04:45 PM   #10
bamabassman

thanks gang. lisa wants to go to t-town with the camper now. her old high shool g/f's daughter is going there now. we're gonna get tickets to a few games and TAILGATE! yea!!! wtl, we'll need your expertise on where to go and all,ok? everyone's invited of course to come and meet up with us. but you better wear your crimson shirts, lmao. thanks bob for the info, i may run up there this weekend and try that pal. gonna go this saturday for sure. it should warm up a bit and the full moon is gonna be out. should have better luck.......we hope, lol.
Old 08-11-08, 04:47 PM   #11
bamabassman

oh sorry flfireman, yea that is a thought, but as robertmee said, if anyone is gonna get caught....it'll be me, hahahahaha. ain't gonna temp murphy any moe than i have to, hahahahahahaha. thanks bud, that was funny. helps to laugh at your own problems don't it? hahahahahahaha.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.