Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Old 10-01-11, 05:34 PM   #1
william
BassFishin.Com Member

Default buying 2010 pro guide 16, advice

i have the opportunity to buy a 2010 tracker pro guide v 16sc. with the 60hp 4stroke
What would a good price for the boat new and or slightly used?
Is it a good all around boat?
What about the reliability?
The trolling motor is 42 lb min kota and the fish finder is the smaller lowrance,
I like to fish for trout at elevation and stripers at sea level.
Any suggestions and or thoughts????
william is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-11, 05:47 PM   #2
Tavery5
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

These boats sold for around 13K new, so you shold be able to form an opinion on what it is worth based on condition. The thing about 16ft boats is that they do not handle wind and waves very well, if you are fishing on smooth water and calm days they are fine. This boat weighs around 1000 lbs, loaded with adults and gear, and fighting any wind, the trolling motor is going to take a beating. The smaller lowrance fish finders are good for water depth and temp if equiped, if you need more than this I would look to upgrade. I think if you look for a little older boat, your money could buy you allot more.
Old 10-01-11, 08:29 PM   #3
lilmule
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Most large bodies of water that contain stripers that would be a wee boat,what waters would you be planning to fish chesapeake bay?
It is a nice small vessel suited for calm water more akin for crappie fishing,but suitable for many fish just where it is safe to do so,not a lot of free board for when the wind blows and the waves lap.
Other than that almost new with an eco friendly motor.
Ive rode and fished out of one on ky lake,it was very mild 6 in chop almost none and had 6 in of boat left,we did catch fish however.
Ps I never took my life jacket off and it was 90 f

Last edited by lilmule; 10-01-11 at 08:35 PM.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.