Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-11, 10:47 AM   #1
bassboogieman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Big Thank You, Wafflejaw

Now that the Wheeler gig is over, I can offer my public thank you to Walker for the fine rod he made for me, as a retirement present to myself. I wanted it kept quiet so I could show it off personally to the guys at Wheeler, pictures do not really do his work the proper justice, and I'm certainly proud to have this rod in my locker.

The rod was built on a North Forks Composite (IM) blank, in 7' MH/fast, and has Titanium micro guides, along with other weight reducing components. My first rod with the NFC blank, and I should say the NFC MH blank is a bit stiffer than the Kistler MH blanks which is my most favorite rod.

As everyone knows, blanks of the same power vary between manufacturer's and this particular NFC blank is more comparable to a H power Kistler LTX blank. NOT that that is a bad thing, but for my intended use (t-rig worm & weightless Senko-type baits) it's a bit stiff. I did, however, use it for spinnerbaits in the lilly pads at Wheeler and it was very good for that. IMO, the blank needs a minimum of a 1/2 ounce lure to get it to load up properly, and since spinnerbaits are my favorite bait to toss, this will do nicely!! And YES Walker, I did catch a couple fish on this rod, and it did an excellent job in hauling (granted they were not huge fish) them out of the pads.

These are Walker's pics, the colors were selected to compliment a Pflueger Patriarch XT reel:

Thanks Walker!
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-11, 11:18 AM   #2
Marc David
BassFishin.Com Active Member

That rod is awesome! That black and blue looks great together.
Marc David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-11, 11:21 AM   #3
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Walker, that rod is absolutely SICK! The Bruce is right, the pics do it no justice. The rod felt great and perfectly balanced with the Pat. XT. By the way, are those micros the Fuji TiSics?

Getting to check it out and feel what the split grip, split seat, etc. feel like, I've got some ideas for mine!

Anyways, that is an amazing rod Bruce (even if it was in a Kistler rod cover! ). Congrats!

BB
Old 05-23-11, 11:34 AM   #4
keithdog

After having the pleasure to handle your new rod Bruce, all I can say is enjoy your retirement because your going to really enjoy using that sweet rod!!! It feels absolutely great in the hand, nice and light, and VERY easy on the eyes. Just a very pretty rod. I'd hate to let it even get dirty, lol. If I ever get to spend time in a boat with ya, I'd like to ask you now if I can make a couple casts with that baby!
Old 05-23-11, 12:42 PM   #5
WaffleJaw

Your very welcome Bruce and thank you for posting pics of its..Thanks for the feedback and compliment guys,Im very happy ya'll got to see it in person!
Im looking foward to more pics from the trip!
Old 05-23-11, 01:11 PM   #6
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

This rod reminds me of Debbie Gibson...Electric Blue! Another awesome build from our brother Pancake. You nailed it like a split hog.
Old 05-23-11, 03:38 PM   #7
nofearengineer

That rod was a sight to behold. Beautiful, and fantastic workmanship. The best thing was how balanced it felt with that Patriarch on it. It almost felt like you were just lifting the reel with no rod attached.
Old 05-23-11, 06:02 PM   #8
bamabassman

waffleboy...........there ARE NOT ENOUGH WORDS to describe this work of beauty, and beastly rod man. so i won't even try.....except to say well done my friend, well done. everyone has already said as much as i could. i loved it BUT would've looked better in crimson,hehehehe.
Old 05-23-11, 09:46 PM   #9
Bassboss

SWEET!! Looks great man, get some pics with the patriarch mounted on it too.. I bet it looks sweet!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.