Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 10-08-12, 11:34 AM   #1
joedog
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Well for some it's that time of year

Some of US seasonal fishers (open and closed fishing season) this time of year is time to ......RE-ORGANIZE.

So here's some help.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...d_i=B004UVZ7P8

Now I have a system that I use that some others may use also.

It's my 'Disposable Tackle Storage System'!
In markets now! Frankly they are in all stores but my system helps narrow things down when your searching in a hurry.
So you take all your plastic worms, find a BPS plastic bag and put them in. Now you can use different bags for different size worms if 'your that organized' and take your sharpie, which I know everyone has and label. Ex. stick baits-SB
finesse worms- FS and so on
And if you mix and match them, you really can end up with some one of a kind colors by seasons end.

Next take your jigs and toss THEM into a Cabala's bag.
Now I throw in some trailers in the same storage compartment so they are always together.

Next terminal tackle. Now this takes a little more organizational skill but still a good system.
Get some small sandwich size heavy duty zipper bags, Glads ok but store brand is just as good. Now take your 1/0s and put in one bag, 2/0s another, 1/4oz. sinkers in another and so on. Now TOSS them all into a Gander Mountain bag.
The clear bags make finding different tackle easy and saves time due to not having to label everything.

Cranks in an Academy bag.
Frogs in a Dick's bag.
Top waters in a 'what ever your favorite monkey hot spot' is and so on till you got all your tackle covered.

Now your always going to have stuff that doesn't really fit in another category and for that stuff a 'FLEET FARM' bag. They carry everything terminal so I easily can remember which storage compartment is terminal tackle cause this obviously gets used the most.

Now for the best part of the system!
As the season goes on our tackle storage containers get 'worn'.
Go satisfy the monkey's cravings and PRESTO......BRAND NEW TACKLE STORAGE CONTAINER! Now you can replace the old worn out one.

Now I'm hoping to have the 'patents' finalized buy Christmas so start your system before I lock competitors out and this system costs hundreds.

Hope this helps those who may be struggling with keeping things organized.
For the rest of you. You may not know it but this was the 'ORIGINAL' soft sided tackle storage system.
I had challenges with the patents and others beat me to market with 'MY' idea. Well they changed them a littlle but THIERS aren't disposable!

Have a great week everyone!
Old 10-10-12, 01:45 PM   #2
Rebbasser
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

No closed season here but I definitely need to reorganize. I really need to weed out the baits I don't use and get some more space in the boat. Unfortunately, as we all know, the one bait I take out will be the one bait I need when I go out next time, so.....
Old 10-10-12, 06:41 PM   #3
USMCbassman
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

I need to find a time to re-organize my tackle bag and my approach to the areas around here. When it's suppose to be 80* on Sunday that's a little hard to do though Sometimes when I'm out I almost with there was a forced closing time just so I could rebuild my stores, increase my rod and reel selection (I'm so sick of having to change baits all the time), reorganize, etc...
USMCbassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-12, 07:07 PM   #4
Jrob78

I finally managed to get all my "extra" tackle properly organized and out of Academy/Dick's/DoI/Cabela's bags. It was a pain to do but now that it's done, it makes things so much easier. I can see what I have and it's all organized in 3700 boxes. Now I just need to go through my tackle bags and swap some things out for new baits. I also need to replace hooks and split rings on some of the baits I use a lot.
Old 10-10-12, 08:25 PM   #5
Bassin' Gal
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebbasser View Post
No closed season here but I definitely need to reorganize. I really need to weed out the baits I don't use and get some more space in the boat. Unfortunately, as we all know, the one bait I take out will be the one bait I need when I go out next time, so.....
The last time we went out I was digging through the tackle box trying to find "my" bait. When I couldn't find it I asked the hubby where it was. Yep, he cleaned out and reorganized and took out all the ones I like and left his. Time for my own tackle box!!!!
Bassin' Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-12, 09:03 PM   #6
USMCbassman
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

There ya go BG! I did the same thing for my daughter, she had a few lures she likes to fish (I didn't mind holding them for her), but she likes to fish shiners and night crawlers so all her terminal tackle was taking over my tackle bag. Finally put it all in a box of her own and she was tickled pink!

Sorry JD didn't mean to hijack to your thread....
USMCbassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-12, 09:19 PM   #7
kennethdaysale

I try to go through my bags/boxes of loose/incidental stuff at least once a month. I still find stuff stuck back or tucked away and think either "why in the world did I buy this crap?" or "dang I was looking for these the other day in the boat...thought I was out and went and bought 3 more bags"
Oh well. Ultimately I've learned to look at that stuff just like toilet paper or salt or flour...............staples.........it's not like you'll never need it.
Old 10-10-12, 10:57 PM   #8
joedog

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCbassman View Post
There ya go BG! I did the same thing for my daughter, she had a few lures she likes to fish (I didn't mind holding them for her), but she likes to fish shiners and night crawlers so all her terminal tackle was taking over my tackle bag. Finally put it all in a box of her own and she was tickled pink!

Sorry JD didn't mean to hijack to your thread....
Your not hijacking anything!
It doesn't matter how hard I try, shore-fishing different waters weekly if not daily my disposables get used as much as my boxes. Actually I use the 'real' soft-siders, some hold worms and plastics only, some hold different size boxes.
But see I now due to shore-fishing wade a lot. In water you have one pole and I fill plastic worm bags (the ones they come in) with whatever I think I'm going to throw. Now my vehicle is loaded with a 1/2 dozen poles and ANYTHING/EVERYTHING else you could possible want to throw.....except the one thing I'm looking for of course.
And I have at least a 1/2 dozen little worm bags filled with like 2 flukes, 2 lizzards. a jig ,4 different trailers, a couple of worms and if something needs special terminal tackle that too. See some waters I fish are clear some aren't. Some have flowing water some don't. Some have a lot of vegatation, some have almost none.
I unfortunately can only partially jest about my organizational skills or should I say lack of them. I can't tell you how many times I couldn't find something so bought a new one just to find the old one in the same place that I chose for a place to put the new one so I wouldn't forget.
Old 10-11-12, 01:31 AM   #9
Rebbasser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassin' Gal View Post
The last time we went out I was digging through the tackle box trying to find "my" bait. When I couldn't find it I asked the hubby where it was. Yep, he cleaned out and reorganized and took out all the ones I like and left his. Time for my own tackle box!!!!
I rest my case!
Old 10-11-12, 11:12 AM   #10
lilmule

Hmmm I end up going thru my stuff as well as lose track of where that special bait is,once I find it stick it in another special place so I wont lose it and ten min later wont know where it is.
Long ago made her up a box for her zebco 33 stuff so separate.Dont laugh she fishes in water shallower behind me can see her bait clearly yet 9lb catfish and 18 in brown trout on Mepps spinners
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-12, 06:03 PM   #11
bassinbob

I've been lazy this year. It will be a nice long winter job this year getting everything back to normal.
Old 10-14-12, 10:10 AM   #12
keithdog

I don't have to worry about a closed season, just frozen water which is right around the corner. I know there are several lures I'm going to be putting into my "storage" box. For me, it's time to straighten out the mess I've created this year and downsize what I want to take along next year.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.