Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-13, 03:42 PM   #1
1/4 stick
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Why is there a need to go to court over this?

Sorry, maybe I was raised wrong, but I believe in children first in life threatening situations. This shouldn't even be a question. http://video.foxnews.com/v/243697400...-for-daughter/
Old 06-07-13, 04:30 PM   #2
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Forget court. I can't stand the whole thing about organ transplant. It makes no sense that you can't sell organs. If that were the case, the family, or some private citizen who cared about them, could simply buy one.

The idea that everyone is equally entitled to everyone else's organs is ridiculous.

And frankly, organ value would actually make some deadbeats I've known worth something at last.
Old 06-07-13, 07:04 PM   #3
1/4 stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
Forget court. I can't stand the whole thing about organ transplant. It makes no sense that you can't sell organs. If that were the case, the family, or some private citizen who cared about them, could simply buy one.

The idea that everyone is equally entitled to everyone else's organs is ridiculous.

And frankly, organ value would actually make some deadbeats I've known worth something at last.
lmao.. true.. true!
Old 06-07-13, 07:55 PM   #4
bamabassman

bryce i agree AND disagree with what you say. i wish that organs were MORE readily available, but if one could SELL their organ, that would cause a lot of trouble too. i can where there would be some kidnapping, murder and other things happening. BUT if it were done the RIGHT way (which will never,ever happen) it could be so helpful in our world today.
i see where mostly the RICH and powerful would be the FIRST ones to take full advantage of this. and frankly, these people..well SOME of these people don't need more time added to their lifespan, hahaha.
and i see where a family like this one in the video would NOT be able to afford such an organ because of the price. so therefore, the rich and powerful win again.
i am an organ donor, my wife is alive today because of an organ donor....as all of you know. so i URGE each and everyone of you to become an organ donor as well. now when i do go...there may not be much if any organs that are good to give to someone, but take them none the less PLEASE. if i can help someone live a day longer to enjoy this life i will rest in even more peace.

but i will never sell an organ, but i will GIVE IT FREELY. if i could have given lisa one of my kidneys, it would have been done. but because of my bad habits that i started early in life i couldn't. so there it is. and the way things are going there may not be any organs in this old body worth giving. but they are there if they want em. liver is good i kow. maybe by then they can salvage my kidneys too. lungs and heart.....doubtfull. too many years smoking i am afraid. eyes are getting bad too.lol.

but i understand oyur meaning bryce, in a good world it would save many lives. but alais...our world is so corrupt now i am afraid it would cause more harm than good.
Old 06-07-13, 08:23 PM   #5
Marty

Quote:
i can where there would be some kidnapping, murder and other things happening.
Not only would there be, as far as I know there have been.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Rochester, NY
Marty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-13, 07:36 AM   #6
keithdog

I was watching a medical expert over the weekend talk about this after a second child has now been added to the list. The biggest problem from what he said is that an adult lung will not fit into a childs body. Because of that, they have to take a viable available lung and cut off a chunk of the lung to make it fit. That, he said will not allow the lung to perform like a normal lung, and may require a second transplant in later years. At the same time, an adult needing a lung will be deprived of the lung that was degraded in order to fit into a childs body. It's a heart breaking situation for everyone. I'm just glad I'm not making the final decisions on all this.
Old 06-10-13, 10:11 AM   #7
nofearengineer

Keith, a process has actually been developed that uses an adult lung with almost no decrease in function due to the excess removal.

I'll just add this little bit. The only country with no shortage of organs? Iran. Buying and selling of organs is legal in Iran. Far be it from me to sing the praises of that despicable place, but it does prove that legalizing organ sales would not result in organ "pirating".

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.