Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk

Old 07-10-13, 12:06 AM   #1
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Very successful outing on new lake!

Headed out looking to a new lake today with my dad and little brother. It's actually a chain of two lakes, Beuolieu and Koonz Lake, both about 30 acres each. Beuolieu being the slightly larger one. Got there in at about 6:00 pm right in the middle of a rain storm. We launched the boat in the passing rain and were on the water by 6:15 or so.

First thing we noticed about this lake is that it is exceptionally clear water, and according to the W-DNR, it's a spring fed lake. The whole shore line was also abundant with lilly pads, but not to an overwhelming extent. Sprinkle the occatoinal dock, pontoon and lay-down tree and brush pile and we had a fantastic looking lake on or hands.

I started throwing a Big Bite Baits Craw Worm started catching fish right off the bat, first of which was a healthy 12 incher.

By the time it was all said and done I had boated 17 healthy largemouth. Three that went around three pounds, and the rest averaging around two pounds.

Little brother had been throwing a small Matzuo Jerkbait, ended up 10 or some dinks and bunch of pan fish. When he did pick up his baitcaster he ended up with a nice one around 3 pounds and was the biggest at the time.

Dad sorta struggled the first put started catching em on texas rigged plastic worms toward the end. Around 10 for him a well.

All in all I really like these lakes, and can't wait to fish em again. They're actually no-wake lakes and I have to use the trolling motor the whole time, but with our boat and the small size of them it works out just fine!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0301.jpg
Views:	414
Size:	514.5 KB
ID:	8830   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0298.jpg
Views:	408
Size:	514.3 KB
ID:	8831   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0299.jpg
Views:	415
Size:	520.1 KB
ID:	8832   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0302.jpg
Views:	422
Size:	487.8 KB
ID:	8833  
Old 07-10-13, 06:18 AM   #2
keithdog

Jealous here! Nice fish Sam, and a good outing. Sounds like a nice couple small lakes there. Looks like beautiful water, which is usually the case up north there.
Old 07-10-13, 08:32 PM   #3
bamabassman

first of all sam...MAN HAVE OYU GROWN !!! no longer the litle boy look, oyu starting to look like a young man. good one too !!! but you need ot hit them weights again, lol. joknig sam.

now....as for the bass...........WOW those are some dandy's !! that peir behind oyu i bet holds a really nice 1 or 3. good looking body of water. and oyur brother got a couple of good ones too. glad ya'll spent the day with oyur dad. tell him i said he has a couple of fine oyung men.
Old 07-10-13, 10:02 PM   #4
lilmule
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I just love no wake small lakes,beats hp restriction lakes all to heck dont have to buy a 9.9 and dont encounter 15-18 hp in disguise and best of all no speeding around by that crowd.
Any motor will do so long as run it at almost idle,and the lakes seem quite healthy.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-13, 01:24 PM   #5
Bassboss

Thanks guys, can't wait to hit them lakes again. I was telling my dad that the DNR should manage it as trophy waters.

I really appreciate that though John. But I do need to start lifting again, lol. Havn't done it much all summer, been doing to much gosh dang fishin!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.